1/21 - 1/23 Plains/Midwest Blizzard

Tom

Unfortunately most if not all the storms this winter that have been hyped have been a dud except the EC storm. Just one of those winters where we need to expect very little in terms of snow and when it does get cold again it will turn dry so don't expect too much the rest of this winter.

Edit: MN being the exception

its been this way for the last several winters.

even the last few severe seasons have been total busts 

I will, as long as you keep polishing your turd of a personality to everyone on here. I’m sick of it, you are the main reason people don’t like us on this forum, because of all this BS you spew. Leave it for somewhere else and stop spoiling it for the rest of us. Seriously man my friggin god.

I just use the ignore feature on him.  I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.  I only see his posts when someone quotes him.  

• Like 3

I don't see any way of 12" happening. The highest amount I've seen in the metro is 4" in Gretna. Most of Omaha is 1-3". It's been snowing here at my work pretty good for the last hour or so, but I don't think we've added anything close to an inch. Not to mention everything is just melting on the roads and even the cars. I'm not right under the heaviest part of the band though. Looks to be maybe about 2 miles away from me. :(

Except for that Christmas Eve miracle in 2015 when we had 8", I don't remember the last time we had a 3+" snowfall. :rolleyes:

That's a shame. This whole storm is a shame. I might go cry with Tabitha and watch grey's anatomy and bury my feelings in a pint of ben & jerry's and 2 buck chuck from this. What a waste of time, AGAIN. Storm-tracking has really sucked the past few years-- I don't blame snowlover for feeling the way he does (though I don't condone what he says). Congrats Minnesota, my folks in Red Wing are getting buried as we speak, and rubbing it in. As if I don't feel bad enough already.  

• Like 3

I will, as long as you keep polishing your turd of a personality to everyone on here. I’m sick of it, you are the main reason people don’t like us on this forum, because of all this BS you spew. Leave it for somewhere else and stop spoiling it for the rest of us. Seriously man my friggin god.

Sorry Lincoln people, but seeing snowlover76 get screwed by another storm has made me sitting in 40s and fog happy.

• Like 1

Officially 6 inches at the airport in Grand Island, Nebraska...but a short distance to the north, the town of St Paul (not the one in MN) reported 12.6" new snow. 

Hastings, NE with 2.7" new snow...at the WFO.

Most of the spotters around North Platte, NE with 8 - 11 inches so far.

That's a shame. This whole storm is a shame. I might go cry with Tabitha and watch grey's anatomy and bury my feelings in a pint of ben & jerry's and 2 buck chuck from this. What a waste of time, AGAIN. Storm-tracking has really sucked the past few years-- I don't blame snowlover for feeling the way he does (though I don't condone what he says). Congrats Minnesota, my folks in Red Wing are getting buried as we speak, and rubbing it in. As if I don't feel bad enough already.  

I was surprised to see Fremont only had a report of 4" too and they were sitting under that band earlier this morning. Looks like it was heavy snow for 3+ hours, so figured they would have been at least at 6".

My wife is a teacher so she is enjoying a day off at home again with my kiddos. Was hoping we would have had enough to close work for me so I could spend the day at home with them too. They've already built a snowman :)

Crazy thing too is my daughter is 6 and she's only gone sledding once in her life due to our crappy winters lately. Sure there were probably a few other times with just enough to sled, but then it was 20 below zero windchills etc.

This storm showed how much things can change even up to the day. I bought all in as NWS kept getting more and more confident. As I tracked it all week I kept that Nebraska sence that something could go wrong. For me it was dry air and they did mention storms to the east last night robbing some moisture.

Sorry Lincoln people, but seeing snowlover76 get screwed by another storm has made me sitting in 40s and fog happy.

See snowlover? Look what you did man. Lol gosh, if anyone deserves a sympathy card it's Lincoln too. We always get shafted, more than Omaha even.

• Like 1

6.8" in Millard, Nebraska...another suburb on the outskirts of Omaha as of 12:44 PM CST...so you see how quickly it can pile up if one is fortunate enough to find oneself under the more intense bands.

That's crazy... I live in the Millard/Chalco area and this area has been lucky enough to be under some of the heaviest bands since the changeover occurred around 6-6:30am this morning... and I've only measured about 3 inches of snow in my backyard as of the last half hour. 

• Like 1

That's crazy... I live in the Millard/Chalco area and this area has been lucky enough to be under some of the heaviest bands since the changeover occurred around 6-6:30am this morning... and I've only measured about 3 inches of snow in my backyard as of the last half hour. 

The report said it was 3.8 miles WSW of Chalaco (of the post office, I guess)...or they might have a crooked ruler?

As for the Millard amout (6.8")...NOAA just removed it from their page...so they might not have believed it either.

Obviously, I have no stake in the affair...I'm just reporting what I see.

:)

• Like 3

its been this way for the last several winters.

even the last few severe seasons have been total busts 

I feel sorry for you guys in Lincoln, you have been screwed too many times. This storm is far from a bust though as my area have seen between 10-12" of snow. Further out west I'm expecting to see totals over a foot. I feel for you guys and I feel bad saying this but this storm has been awesome. Visibility has been down to a few blocks at times and we have had blizzard conditions since early this morning.  :) for me and  :angry: for you guys. Hopefully we break the curse this winter and cheer us all up, even our friends down stream in Iowa, Minny, and the chicago area. 

• Like 1

Noticeable increase in accumulations with this band. Roof shingles are almost hidden on roofs that are not facing North. Grass is weighed down by the flash frozen snow from this morning so not to hard to hide that. For it being a blizzard, these flakes are pretty decently sized too. I may go for another walk here in a sec.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Pure bliss....

I find snow to be the most delightful natural phenomenon in the universe...it is picturesque, pristine, & priceless.

Thus my melancholy the other day when the storm bypassed my locale.

I had 1.1"...and just 2 miles to my south...two reports of 3" came in.

I find snow to be the most delightful natural phenomenon in the universe...it is picturesque, pristine, & priceless.

Thus my melancholy the other day when the storm bypassed my locale.

I had 1.1"...and just 2 miles to my south...two reports of 3" came in.

I couldn't imagine seeing a major blizzard in your area and seeing the tops of the black hills completely snow covered. That would be an amazing site to behold.