2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Hard to tell for sure but it looks like every single 00z Ensemble member drops to at least -7 at some point between day 8 and 12.

• Like 2

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Canadian ensembles already developing the pattern just after Day 7.

Here is Day 9. Nice amplification

500h_anom.na.png

I'm wondering how much longer it will be before we start seeing some epic operational runs.  The players are all showing up now.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Best ensembles yet. Timing has moved up.

00z CMCE. Slide that block a bit to the east, a bit better tilt and we'll see a big cold snap, arctic blast with reloads.

I'm trying to post the loop, but I'm getting this error.

floop-cmce-2019122600.500h_anom.na(1).gif

No file was selected for upload

• Like 1

I'm wondering how much longer it will be before we start seeing some epic operational runs. The players are all showing up now.

The model updates the last few years have certainly cut way down on the frequency of epic long range runs. Certainly gives it a bit more credence when they do start to show up.

Part of me misses the nearly daily excitement of an epic blast showing up a couple weeks out, but in the end I'll take the increased accuracy.

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

00z ECMWF Day 8

That's different. The energy didn't cut between the two ridges. Kona Low, Merger Day 9?

500h_anom.na.png

Nice balance between the two high pressure cells.  That's usually a good sign.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The model updates the last few years have certainly cut way down on the frequency of epic long range runs. Certainly gives it a bit more credence when they do start to show up.

Part of me misses the nearly daily excitement of an epic blast showing up a couple weeks out, but in the end I'll take the increased accuracy.

I totally hear you on this.  I am much less skeptical now when the models show something big coming than a few years ago.  It was fun in the old days though.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I keep reading that everything is about to happen. Yet nothing ever appears. But when nothing appearing is mentioned we keep being told to just wait. It's been fun. Including culverjosh sensitivity while calling people sensitive. This forum is nothing short of entertaining.

• Like 1

I keep reading that everything is about to happen. Yet nothing ever appears. But when nothing appearing is mentioned we keep being told to just wait. It's been fun. Including culverjosh sensitivity while calling people sensitive. This forum is nothing short of entertaining.

Nobody at all has said that it is "about to happen". Everything has been about possibilities down the road. Top much hype for that? Sure. Too much wishcasting?

Sure, but all of this is part of the fun of being a weather geek.

• Like 2

Nobody at all has said that it is "about to happen". Everything has been about possibilities down the road. Top much hype for that? Sure. Too much wishcasting?

Sure, but all of this is part of the fun of being a weather geek.

Yep, not one person has said that. Not one person at all.

Useemadbro.
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Yep, not one person has said that. Not one person at all.

If you are talking about Josh, he never said it was about to happen. He claimed the models would show something in the near future, but never said cold or snow was imminent. Was always talking about that being in the long term. Literally nobody has said arctic air and snow was going to happen in the near term.

Model verification scores are still woefully low past day 8. But, you're probably right that they are now a lot less prone to show wild, statistically unlikely solutions in la la land. Definitely something that can be programmed in.

A forum for the end of the world.

If you are talking about Josh, he never said it was about to happen. He claimed the models would show something in the near future, but never said cold or snow was imminent. Was always talking about that being in the long term. Literally nobody has said arctic air and snow was going to happen in the near term.

Lol

Yes I'm only talking about Josh. Only. No one else has said any of the things I've mentioned. Not one single person.

Yes I'm only talking about Josh. Only. No one else has said any of the things I've mentioned. Not one single person.

Snow Wizard talks a lot about the long term. You know, day 10+. Clown range. I challenge you to show ONE post where someone was saying an arctic outbreak was going to happen within 5 days. Too much hype for the clown range? No doubt.

Snow Wizard talks a lot about the long term. You know, day 10+. Clown range. I challenge you to show ONE post where someone was saying an arctic outbreak was going to happen within 5 days. Too much hype for the clown range? No doubt.

I challenge you to find where I've mentioned anyone said an Arctic outbreak was about to happen.

I've contributed folks. With real-time numbers, and radar images. Hell, the Saturday after Thanksgiving I got an inch of snow. Not my fault people read passed it. I really don't care. I do however enjoy the twisting of words people have when I go against the grain. Keep it up kids.

• Like 1