4 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

Big step back for Seattle on the 00z GEFS. Portland looks better though.

IMG_6443.png

Lots of terrain bleed there of course... but starting to take on the same general shape as the GEM.

gem-all-washington-total_snow_kuchera-5233600.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, TacomaWx said:

February 2021 had like 13.5” here in 18 hours. Can’t remember how much Seattle had.

Also that one.  This doesn't seem like it will be the biggest snow event in a long time at least for the Seattle area.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I have been completely without power since Monday. What did I miss, is it coming? Give me a serious answer please lol

Here’s what you should expect the next few days for your area. Yes cold and snow is coming. But you might warm up a little bit on Friday.

IMG_2699.jpeg.e725579036812b21d31b71cad25e843c.jpeg

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Also that one.  This doesn't seem like it will be the biggest snow event in a long time at least for the Seattle area.

I am not exactly sold on a huge snowstorm here yet either. I think an inch or two in the south sound atleast seems like a good bet especially with how the models have gone this evening. 

39F with some heavy rain.

• Like 3

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Had a high of 49 today, at midnight. Impressive cold front blew through with heavy rain and gusty west winds shortly after. Was down to 41 by daybreak with showers around.

Afternoon high of 45 today, with heavy showers at times and some brief sunbreaks. 

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

Heavy rain is bringing the temperature down even with a south breeze. Down to 37, but my power is still out, so don’t have a good snow light to use for a flake search. 

Have your wife climb up on your roof with her cell phone.  Have her wait until she gets on the roof first to turn on the flashlight.  Conserves batteries.

• lol 2

3 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

February 2021 had like 13.5” here in 18 hours. Can’t remember how much Seattle had.

I do not believe it will be one of the biggest single storms in Portland or the WV, but it will be a very impactful and significant system nonetheless and someone's gonna get slammed with a foot of snow somewhere.

• Excited 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

4 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

36.4F and rain snow mix here. Impressive precip rates.

5 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

Heavy rain is bringing the temperature down even with a south breeze. Down to 37, but my power is still out, so don’t have a good snow light to use for a flake search. 

With a pretty breezy south wind as well, hopefully we switch completely once that backs off

• Like 2

This is going to end up being one of those events where PDX and crew get dumped on first, but it all warms up and melts tomorrow, plus they get hit with random freezing rain that screws everything up. Meanwhile, Western Washington ends up in the super cold zone, but ends up getting the real snow event later that eventually turns to rain after a day or two. 

• Like 2
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, KingstonWX said:

This is going to end up being one of those events where PDX and crew get dumped on first, but it all warms up and melts tomorrow, plus they get hit with random freezing rain that screws everything up. Meanwhile, Western Washington ends up in the super cold zone, but ends up getting the real snow event later that eventually turns to rain after a day or two. 

That is how it should go.

16 minutes ago, Mercurial said:

I grew up in Maryland, which is like the snow day capital of the US.  They average 15-20" per year, but schools routinely close for even 1" of snow.  I got 4-5 snow days per year like clockwork.  I basically missed half of high school Calculus during the winter of '02-03.

That's interesting to hear. You would think they would be very experience driving in those conditions.

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

I am not exactly sold on a huge snowstorm here yet either. I think an inch or two in the south sound atleast seems like a good bet especially with how the models have gone this evening. 

If the GFS is right with the position then it could probably be 4-6 inches in the Seattle area.   But the precip moves through fairly quickly on Saturday per the GFS.   I doubt Seattle will have 13 inches of snow in 8 hours like its showing from a batch of moisture moving through.   But then again... maybe that will happen just to show how little I know! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

If we get an inch or too I’ll be overjoyed! 

You should with the front, that's why I was hoping for some this weekend because arctic fronts don't do well here. There is a chance I could go through this entire spell and get no snow at all.

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

1 minute ago, westcoastexpat said:

I hope Seattle gets blasted. They've been screwed over more than anyone the last few winters. I'll happily pass on this one so Seattle can get some.

I wouldn’t necessarily call them snow deprived the last few years lol. Itll probably snow up north too at some point. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

00z GRAF shows PDX temperature fall from 39 at Friday noon to 30 in 2 hours as they start getting an east wind. Looks like some precipitation is making its way in during that time.

IMG_2698.jpeg.64420b672b98e4af178483b5fc596f68.jpeg

While PDX gets below freezing at 2pm, it shows Salem in the mid 40s with rain Friday afternoon.

IMG_2700.jpeg.29525d57aba16c0d98d03cd4c4159b2d.jpeg

• Sick 1
  • Troll 1

6 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This could blow that away. 

You think this batch of moisture on Saturday could blow away 13.5 inches in Tacoma?    Doesn't seem like it has the oomph.    This is the snowiest model too.  

gfs-deterministic-nw-precip_1hr_inch-1704844800-1705129200-1705276800-10.gif

2 minutes ago, westcoastexpat said:

I hope Seattle gets blasted. They've been screwed over more than anyone the last few winters. I'll happily pass on this one so Seattle can get some.

Don’t know about last few winters but for my area, near Boeing Field we got the short end of the stick last season when it was snowy at the  surrounding areas. We were then treated with a nasty ice storm. 

• Like 1