1 minute ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

Light snow out here but it’s so windy it’s blowing the snow down the street 😆 

East winds haven't really ramped up here yet fully, but it's still pretty breezy. Down to 18 with snow!

• Like 2

Brrr. Single digits 3yrs in a row. But not snowing 😡
Also it appears the easterly wind prone areas will now be even windier. 

“...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS EVENING...

* WHAT...Near gaps in the terrain...east winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph increasing to 35 to 50 mph with gusts up to 65 mph this afternoon.

* WHERE...East Puget Sound Lowlands. Including the cities of Covington-Sawyer-w, Maple Valley, Monroe,
Prairie Ridge, Enumclaw, Bonney Lake, and Woodinville (wawxchasers added: North Bend, Snoqualmie, Snoqualmie Ridge, Gold Bar, Sultan, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Cumberland, Ravendale, Kanasket, Palmer, Durham, Kangley.) 

* WHEN...Until 10 PM PST this evening.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.”

IMG_1827.jpeg

• Snow 1
  • Windy 2
  • scream 1
  • Shivering 4

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Rain coming down and 28 degrees, not freezing on concrete yet but certainly is on surfaces 

• Like 3
  • Rain 1
  • scream 1
  • Shivering 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

11 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Rain coming down and 28 degrees, not freezing on concrete yet but certainly is on surfaces 

You sure it's rain? Yesterday it was very lightly snowing and it looked a little like rain but it was snow. If you are where you are, temperatures look to be colder than 28 degrees. 

Screenshot_20240113_051339_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Doinko said:

HRRR has been upping totals gradually, shows 8" here

snku_acc-imp.us_nw.png

Like usual, I will be right on the line of the heavier to lighter snow totals. Should still do decent before a period of sleet. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

We'll need an update from our McMinnville poster soon to let us know if that heavier precip. is sleet or snow. 

Well the airport is officially reporting freezing rain. 😔

• Sad 2
  • Sick 1
  • Shivering 1
  • Facepalm 1

How did the midweek system look on the overnight models, any snow maps out there in map land? 

• Downvote 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

5 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

Good news, the NWS Portland is saying the front is slower so it could stall. So they have increased snow totals. 6”-12” for a good portion of the Metro area. Looks like they think Battle Ground will be the big winners. 🏆 

If that means extra freezing rain for my area than I might kick a puppy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shivering 1

What are the chances looking like that salem will convert back to Snow later?

• Snow 1

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

1 minute ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

What are the chances looking like that salem will convert back to Snow later?

Is it sleet right now? The chances aren't great that it ever turns to snow that far south IMO. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

Well the airport is officially reporting freezing rain. 😔

The EUG airport has been reporting snow through their crapasss automated system for at least the last 30 minutes. It's all lies.

• Like 1
  • Shivering 1

1 minute ago, Dave said:

The EUG airport has been reporting snow through their crapasss automated system for at least the last 30 minutes. It's all lies.

Yeah, that's why it's nice to have live reports from local weenies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1