February 2019 Weather Observations and Discussion Part 2

snow_wizard

November- C (several nice days and I even mowed twice)

December- B- (Nice Windstorm)

January- D- (Ate breakfast out on the deck in my shorts one day)

February- A (20” depth with snowcover for 15 straight days so far)

March- TBD

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

#Hawaiiantrollisback

Highs in the low to mid 40s... lows below freezing... some light rain with snow mixed in at times.    00Z GFS looks about the same for next weekend as this weekend right?   Might not get the clearing as is happening tonight... too early to determine that yet though. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Highs in the low to mid 40s... lows below freezing... some light rain with snow mixed in at times. 00Z GFS looks about the same for next weekend as this weekend right? Might not get the clearing as is happening tonight... too early to determine that yet though.

Weird forecast for Hawaii....

• Like 1

Hawaii must be boring... :)

Not that it should it matter for this discussion... but we just got back from 10 hours of activities.     My boys are now hanging out with some friends from their school who are in same resort area this week... my wife and daughter are in the shower.     I just sat down and checked the models and this forum as usual.     Thanks for your concern!    

Its going to be COLD forever!!!  OMG!!!      There... did I do my part now?   Everyone happy?   :lol:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Operational looks like a warm outlier.

attachicon.gifFF2B9E83-97AA-481C-B80B-D1ADE9BEE07C.png

This is getting really interesting now.  Increasingly uncertain, but more possibility of something really good or at least cold until March 1.  It appears a good number of ensemble members agree with the FV3.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Clearing out more than I was anticipating. Already down to freezing.

Same temperature as I have right now.  It has gotten close to clear at times, but still unable to totally clear out.  The fact it's freezing this early in the evening with clouds shows how chilly this air mass really is.

One thing that hasn't been talked about much s the intrusion of cold air slated for Wednesday night.  Looks like a lowland snow chance with that as well.  This pattern is better than some are giving it credit for.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Jim will be happy

He is not the problem.    Other people seem to be unusually concerned about my schedule and my opinions.    Jim is just focused on the weather and the models and what he likes... that is what we all should be doing.    :)

He is not the problem. Other people seem to be unusually concerned about my schedule and my opinions. Jim is just focused on the weather and the models and what he likes... that is what we all should be doing. :)

You shouldn't be worried about anything but your family vacation until you get back, just saying...

Fantastic run on the Canadian tonight.  Cold throughout.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You shouldn't be worried about anything but your family vacation until you get back, just saying...

You certainly should not be concerned about how I spend our down time.    I know that.  

Total snow with Tuesday into Wednesday morning system... highs in low 40s on Wednesday and then low to mid 40s on Thursday.

ecmwf-snow-24-nw-13.png

Still lookin good for me!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?????

NOW you tell us????????

Oh, and the Cascades block the cold from the other side.

(It really is comical when you think about it).