February 2019 Weather Observations and Discussion Part 2

snow_wizard

I think it was about 3:30 in the afternoon of The 3rd that I got enough snow to call in snowcover.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

I think it was about 3:30 in the afternoon of The 3rd that I got enough snow to call in snowcover.

I went back and looked at my pics...looked like I had enough by 10:30am to call it snowcover. What a stretch it has been!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

OR-KL-5 station just reached 3 feet.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2n6rl3q.jpg

A little more to go for me.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

It's not over yet. The late week thing looks good on the new Euro and we still get some good cold in here during the week. Low 20s for lows Wednesday on the ECMWF. I still bet there will be some lowland snow this week.2

EDIT...low 20s for Thursday.

Pretty much it is. Cool weather very little to no accumulation and warmer (40’s) afternoon temps even into next weekend. So, depending on your definition of not over, this is over from real snow producer for our local overall. Sun angles are a real *****.

Tim has a special talent for aggravating people.

Jesse has a special talent for getting aggravated.

It's a special combination.

I wasn’t involved this morning. Hardly even posted today. Boiling it down like it has just been me and Tim is a pretty inaccurate generalization. He tends to have issues with LOTS of people. ;)

42/32 so far here today. Pretty darn cool for this time of year. Hopefully it will clear out for some decent lows tonight.

We took a drive up through Amboy and around the Canyon Creek area, down the East Fork of the Lewis today. Tons of snow in the hills still. There was also a fresh dusting from overnight in Battle Ground, and several inches new by the time you got over 1,500’ or so.

Seattle WFO and BLI are both gunning for their first February on record without hitting 50. A lot of other places have topped out at 50 once or twice.

PDX’s high of 50 for the month to date, if it holds up through the 28th (could be tough) would tie the coldest low Max in February history. 1956 being the only other year to not get higher than 50 degrees in Feb.

I have to wonder if these old timers were always like this or are particularly trolly now due to the higher visibility on this forum.

So many personal attacks. Stop it. We're all on the same team.

It’s been like this the whole time. Comes in waves. Though it is really bad right now.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I finally went up to Palmer today and there was still around 15 inches of snow left there.  There's another community called Kanaskat near there where there was considerable drifting.  The area is mostly cleared  farm land and is very open to the outflow winds.  Must have been insane just after the snow fell!  Even in the town of Ravensdale there was a nice solid 8 inches on the ground still.  Amazing what a difference a few miles can make in this area.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It appears we have one more week of cold or maybe a tad more.  It appears it might go out with a bang. We shall see.  The 1884 cold wave ended with a huge snowstorm in Seattle.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9