On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

Dang that looks bad

• Windy 1
  • scream 3

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

12Z GFS still showing a crash from upper 90s on Sunday to upper 60s on Monday at SEA... with some rain as well.

Seems like SEA needs to survive today if it wants the record 6 straight days of 90s. This shouldn’t be an issue it appears as today is already running a few degrees warmer. Friday and Saturday should be a gimme. 

12Z GFS shows pleasant weather next week after a cool Monday with highs mostly in the mid 70s to low 80s.   And then it starts heating up again right when we get back home next weekend.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Lake day?

Unfortunately I am working.   But my son just told me he is taking it out today.    Lake Sammamish water temp reached 80 degrees yesterday.    

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I'm sure the marine life loved it.

Happens almost every summer.    I read that the fish just go lower during the day where its colder.    It an excellent fishing lake.  

Eight square miles in size, forming a natural boundary between the Seattle suburbs and the less intensely developed areas well east of the city, Lake Sammamish has trout and salmon but also one of Washington’s finest fishing spots for smallmouth bass.

Smallmouth bass can be fished up year-round at Lake Sammamish, although the prime fishing opportunities are from mid-spring to late summer.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Up to 84F here. A little behind yesterdays pace but I have a feeling the sea breeze might be a little lighter this afternoon. 

an impressive 91/100/91 the past 3 afternoons 

100 must be really rare there. It’s only happened in Seattle seven times and I’d think it would be close to that rare up there on the island.

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

The 12Z ECMWF just refuses to pick up that ULL and move it inland on Monday.   Still shows highs near 90 in Seattle that day.

A real model battle brewing... considering this is just 4 days away now.    A difference of about 25 degrees on the high that day between the ECMWF and GFS.

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-9398400.png

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-9398400.png

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

37 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

100 must be really rare there. It’s only happened in Seattle seven times and I’d think it would be close to that rare up there on the island.

Only time I’ve ever seen it outside of last June.   The official station was a little cooler than here on Tuesday, as the east side of Shawnigan Lake was getting a bit more marine influence. But they officially had never hit 100 till last year. So yes, pretty rare. 

1 minute ago, ShawniganLake said:

Only time I’ve ever seen it outside of last June.   The official station was a little cooler than here on Tuesday, as the east side of Shawnigan Lake was getting a bit more marine influence. But they officially had never hit 100 till last year. So yes, pretty rare. 

Pretty crazy to do it in back to back years after it’s never happened. 

• Like 1

Takes forever to get here but that is a really nice looking trough for early August on the Euro.

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Just now, Kayla said:

Takes forever to get here but that is a really nice looking trough for early August on the Euro.

EPS and control run clearly showing the ULL lingering offshore still on Tuesday.   But eventually it has to come inland so the EPS and control run will probably be similar to the operational run by the end of the week.    

ECMWF shows low 70s on Thursday and Friday which would likely be mid 70s... before warming up to near 80 again on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Hoping the trough timing speeds up, this heatwave is lasting way too long! Looks like we have the potential for 100+ in Portland tomorrow, Saturday and even Sunday maybe. The 95+ days in a row record should fall with this heatwave.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

7 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

Hoping the trough timing speeds up, this heatwave is lasting way too long! Looks like we have the potential for 100+ in Portland tomorrow, Saturday and even Sunday maybe. The 95+ days in a row record should fall with this heatwave.

Unfortunately the EPS agrees with the operational so I think the heat sticks around through Monday before finally breaking down on Tuesday/Wednesday.

• Sad 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history