On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

A little bit of example of how I keep things cooler inside than outside by just closing everything up during the day and not allowing sunlight in. Still quite warm but it’s cooler than outside. 83F outside. 

81F in our room and 79F downstairs. Just experimenting with no AC. Also the fans are not blowing directly onto the sensors. 

don’t mind the clock… too lazy to set it. 😆 

95DABDF5-E179-48E1-B779-4CD793B537F2.jpeg

38 minutes ago, VancouverIslandSouth said:

Do you get any sea breeze influence there? YYJ has had a persistent SE sea breeze these past couple days and you'd never guess there was a heatwave happening just looking at the statistics. It's been considerably warmer here in town, hitting 92F earlier, was up to 86F today but muggy. This is the first time I've recorded a 70F dewpoint and seems to constantly be in the 63~67F range. 

Go a about 5 miles south to the Juan de Fuca and the temperature drops to 55F, a 34F drop in temperature over a distance that's walkable. It's quite the inversion:

Took the ferry over today from Port Angeles and you definitely noticed it. Never exactly warm over the Strait but a really noticeable difference as soon as we pulled into the harbour. 

• Like 4

I have a quick question for anyone interested, and I didn't want to make a whole topic on this.  Does anyone have a really cool weather related map (About anything weather, climate, etc) I could use for a project?  If so, please just quote me here and share the link or image. :)  I will share the project here when I am done.

4 minutes ago, NWbyNW said:

I have a quick question for anyone interested, and I didn't want to make a whole topic on this.  Does anyone have a really cool weather related map (About anything weather, climate, etc) I could use for a project?  If so, please just quote me here and share the link or image. :)  I will share the project here when I am done.

I don’t know what exactly you’re looking for but I use this quite often during the fall and winter to track systems. Has everything from radar to IR. Used this last summer to track smoke also. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=regional-w_northwest-10-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Took the ferry over today from Port Angeles and you definitely noticed it. Never exactly warm over the Strait but a really noticeable difference as soon as we pulled into the harbour. 

Hope you had a better docking than the other ferry today! boat GIF

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • lol 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

10 minutes ago, NWbyNW said:

A0FF87A7-DC8B-4534-8FF7-9C0FD7EB426D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excited 2
  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Snow 1

NEW Known Wildfires started today! 7/28/22 ( OH NO AT FIRST, IT'S GETTIN' BETTER EDITION! ) 

Washington - 9 (Nine new fires broke out within the past 24 hours in Washington but the good news is, of the nine new fires, eight have been either put out, or controlled.  One is deep in the Cascade Range close to Morton but is listed as little chance of expanding. No major fires. Several fires were put out today, so even with the nine new fires, the total is the same as yesterday.) Total: 18

Oregon - 4 (One of the four new fires has already been put out, but the others are being monitored. One major fire in the state near Ontario. Some fires put out sense yesterday, but the total increases by one.) Total: 19 

Idaho - 1 (One new fire with crews working on taking it out as I type. Three major fires all deep in the mountains. Total dropped by one today. ) Total: 8

British Columbia - 14 (Several fires have either been put out or smoldered out. One major fire at Lytton.  The total went down six from yesterday.) Total: 36

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I don’t know what exactly you’re looking for but I use this quite often during the fall and winter to track systems. Has everything from radar to IR. Used this last summer to track smoke also. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=regional-w_northwest-10-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

I should have been more clear.  I'm looking for maps that show climatology or weather phenomena.  Maybe something as simple as rainfall totals or amount of days states get over 90F.  Just anything honestly.  But that link you provided is an awesome looking resource!  I am bookmarking that bad boy!  Here is just an example of what I mean below.

OIP.hHUrl8qnz5PLdIy_56PTFwHaEl.jpeg.323c670d88a0f3f83ee55efd6da10e7e.jpeg

6 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

A0FF87A7-DC8B-4534-8FF7-9C0FD7EB426D.jpeg

I see it's time to watch the weather. :)

Tomorrow and the next day are forecast to be over 100 still in K-Falls. Have they ever hit 100 for 4-5 days straight?

(after asking this, watch them be 99 Friday..)

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

9 minutes ago, NWbyNW said:

NEW Known Wildfires started today! 7/28/22 ( OH NO AT FIRST, IT'S GETTIN' BETTER EDITION! ) 

Washington - 9 (Nine new fires broke out within the past 24 hours in Washington but the good news is, of the nine new fires, eight have been either put out, or controlled.  One is deep in the Cascade Range close to Morton but is listed as little chance of expanding. No major fires. Several fires were put out today, so even with the nine new fires, the total is the same as yesterday.) Total: 18

Oregon - 4 (One of the four new fires has already been put out, but the others are being monitored. One major fire in the state near Ontario. Some fires put out sense yesterday, but the total increases by one.) Total: 19 

Idaho - 1 (One new fire with crews working on taking it out as I type. Three major fires all deep in the mountains. Total dropped by one today. ) Total: 8

British Columbia - 14 (Several fires have either been put out or smoldered out. One major fire at Lytton.  The total went down six from yesterday.) Total: 36

The homeless started a fire near my house this morning, does that count?

• Sad 1
  • scream 1

3 minutes ago, Timmy Supercell said:

Tomorrow and the next day are forecast to be over 100 still in K-Falls. Have they ever hit 100 for 4-5 days straight?

(after asking this, watch them be 99 Friday..)

Looks like the record at LMT is 3 consecutive days set last June.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

8 minutes ago, NWbyNW said:

I should have been more clear.  I'm looking for maps that show climatology or weather phenomena.  Maybe something as simple as rainfall totals or amount of days states get over 90F.  Just anything honestly.  But that link you provided is an awesome looking resource!  I am bookmarking that bad boy!  Here is just an example of what I mean below.

OIP.hHUrl8qnz5PLdIy_56PTFwHaEl.jpeg.323c670d88a0f3f83ee55efd6da10e7e.jpeg

I see it's time to watch the weather. :)

CPC is also a great resource for stuff like this.

or drought.gov if you care for monitoring drought conditions across CONUS + AK, HI

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GobBluth said:

Everyone seems to think tomorrow it spikes but 850s look nearly identical.

Could be a switch between weak onshore to flat or slightly offshore gradients but to be honest I really haven’t looked. My main focus on the models right now is when this thing ends.

• Like 4

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, Kayla said:

Looks like the record at LMT is 3 consecutive days set last June.

Crazy. I knew last year was impressive despite not reaching the all-time there. Getting to 103 still beat their June record of 100 in 1992/1918.

• Like 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Just now, smerfylicious said:

Transformer just blew to the west of me and now everyone from startup to Index is without power. 

What great timing.

Guess those mini splits ain’t perfect eh???? Ha!!!!

im so sorry man. My breaker flipped on me out of nowhere about an hour ago and now I’m worried something isn’t going to last the night.

1 minute ago, GobBluth said:

Models definitely took the edge off tomorrow in the last 24 hours or so. Much more in line with the slowly lowering heights and deamplifying pattern.

• Like 8

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Models definitely took the edge off tomorrow in the last 24 hours or so. Much more in line with the slowly lowering heights and deamplifying pattern.

It’s over. 
Down to 65. 

• Weenie 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

9 minutes ago, GobBluth said:

Yeah 850's are pretty stable through Saturday. Onshore flow looks to be slightly weaker tomorrow so maybe close to 100. Saturday now looks to be the peak of this thing. Fingers crossed!

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

22 hours ago, smerfylicious said:

Idk about that buddy, I've been pretty comfortable this week. If you need a cool-down you're invited! Also if you need a recommendation for AC/heat pump install let me know! 

5 minutes ago, smerfylicious said:

Transformer just blew to the west of me and now everyone from startup to Index is without power. 

What great timing.

So comfort level out the window now? 😱

Gonna be warmer tomorrow and Friday. Let's hope that's fixed. 

1 minute ago, Kayla said:

Yeah 850's are pretty stable through Saturday. Onshore flow should be weaker tomorrow and Saturday now looks to be the peak of this thing. Fingers crossed!

Definitely a little more southerly flow on Saturday, but it’s hard to say with such an already warm air mass in place whether that will make a noticeable difference. Hard to imagine more than a 2-3 bump from today’s valley temps. 

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, RentonHillTC said:

AYFKM

320068D2-1106-467B-B08D-1CC6CA605810.png

CB94EA01-AF45-4574-8536-B2B5E07CD80A.png

Tiger Pissed.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Still 85F at 9:30PM. 10F warmer than this time yesterday.

I'll be surprised if we get below 65F. Brutal.

• Like 1
  • scream 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

5 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

81˚F here. I am so jealous of how quickly it cools down at your place.

Yeah it drops quickly here in the evenings. I do love my location! 

D8ACA0CA-94A5-4EC5-9E7D-652A8AC3B66A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1