July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

The GEM just swung in the troughy direction too. Maybe the ECMWF will follow suit.

Seems ridging has been stuck at D9-10 on the models for the last month.

• Like 1

Day after day of freezing fog and freezing drizzle thru winter and spring. Sounds perfect

To be fair to St Anthony I actually really enjoyed my trip there, it has an amazing re-created Viking settlement and great people. There are way less bugs in NF than anywhere in the eastern mainland (steer clear of Labrador in that respect). We had a good mix of sun/storms jumping between provincial campgrounds there. Also the scenery in that area is nothing to scuff at:

ZLBLB7H.jpg

• Like 3

Never thought I'd say this but..... a very healthy convergence zone in July right now. d**n.

Just dumping rain over North Seattle where I heard its been terribly dry.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just dumping rain over North Seattle where I heard its been terribly dry.

It's been raining consistently throughout the night here in South Seattle as well. The CZ rarely go this far south but it's a pretty good one right now. I'm impressed. 

It's been raining consistently throughout the night here in South Seattle as well. The CZ rarely go this far south but it's a pretty good one right now. I'm impressed.

And nothing here... its been dry almost all day.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

00Z ECMWF is very nice.

Lots of sun after tomorrow morning. I still don't trust any of it... its been so long since we have seen any consistent sun that it feels sort of impossible right now.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

And the drum still plays on...

I honestly don't trust that it can actually happen this summer.

I need to see it to believe it.

And everyone has experienced light during the daytime hours and dark during the nighttime hours everyday, clouds or not. #weirdsummer

There is no weather. Just the Earth spinning. Excellent observation.

At least the heat is short lived on the Euro.

Overall pattern looks quite warm.

That cool down into the 80s down there on day 10 looks a little suspicious given the 500mb pattern.

Well it hasn't been dark during the daylight hours like some of you have been portraying, not an opinion just observation, oh well...

And the beat goes on.

I guess you must always take normal and accepted English language descriptive terms in a precise literal manner.

Fun!

Down to 58 here.

Ditto for Springfield

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

That's great news. It's already sunny down here. The sunshine is going to be in full force the next several days. Get your outdoor activities planned!

Its unusually bright here this morning.    I took the dog out and actually had to squint my eyes.   Very strange.    It almost feels like a summer morning... but I know that is crazy given how early in the year it is.    Or late.   My sense of seasons is all messed up by a complete lack of sunlight.    :unsure:   

55 or less at PDX this morning???

Would have been in the 30’s if not for all those blobs of asphalt nearby.

Checking web cams now for wet snow in Lynnnwood and Bothell after that c-zone craziness last night.

Its unusually bright here this morning. I took the dog out and actually had to squint my eyes. Very strange. It almost feels like a summer morning... but I know that is crazy given how early in the year it is. Or late. My sense of seasons is all messed up by a complete lack of sunlight. :unsure:

Not here. Still dark and dreary so far this morning.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!