November 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

Pretty tough to say. Our cold air has gone pretty stale by then and daytime precip would probably mean mixed precip and wet snow for Victoria near sea level

I agree.  I think you're golden at the lake but down here I would like to see some heavy precipitation rates in order to expect anything

I agree. I think you're golden at the lake but down here I would like to see some heavy precipitation rates in order to expect anything

“IF” that verified the highlands, Malahat, Shawnigan Lake, would probably get 4-6” of snow. Not that I have much faith in the outcome at this range.

“IF” that verified the highlands, Malahat, Shawnigan Lake, would probably get 4-6” of snow. Not that I have much faith in the outcome at this range.

Id like to still see this scenario showing up within 96hrs to get excited about it. Could be totally washed out and show no snow at all by the 00z.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Id like to still see this scenario showing up within 96hrs to get excited about it. Could be totally washed out and show no snow at all by the 00z.

OR it could turn into a massive region wide event!
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Fair.

I lived in Seattle for a few years. I do prefer Portland's climate at least in the winter, I think it is capable of some slightly more interesting events due to the gorge. The PSCZ is handy though, I do miss that now that I live in the arid Washington county wasteland. I like Seattle's cooler summer weather hands down.

Really I think both their climates suck, at least their downtowns. I'm just glad Portland and Seattle are both surrounded by areas that have way better climates.

I don’t live in DT Seattle. I live on the east side. Overall I’d say Puget Sound has better winters than Portland.. Especially in the CZ area.

• Like 1

OR it could turn into a massive region wide event!

well, we can hope but it seems like a pretty marginal overrunning event at this point. Maybe with a few tweaks it could turn out better, but it doesn’t seem like the right set up for that to happen unfortunately.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

By chance did her friend look like this?

hope she has a safe trip and love the web cam you posted!

Ha!  Thank goodness it was a pretty cute college chick or I'd have to meet her at the airport with a shotgun.  At least it wasn't the shaggin' wagon from Dumb and Dumber. 

• Like 1

I don’t live in DT Seattle. I live on the east side. Overall I’d say Puget Sound has better winters than Portland.. Especially in the CZ area.

The thought of living in any big city makes me queasy...But I’m sure that people that live in the city would think the same way about living out in quiet spread out areas. As far as the weather, I agree that especially for snow and especially in marginal situations that is not the place to be...But either is Mt Vernon. I would feel bad for some weather freak like us that moved out here not knowing how our microclimates work and either chose Seattle or Puyallup, (sorry Jon) or Mt.Vernon/Burlington, etc to move to.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Man, I'm gonna keep checking this webcam throughout the day. I can live vicariously through those I see trudging along in the snow. 

I need to move to a snowier climate. 

Yea I love to watch their snow.  They get a lot of wind to go with it so it gets pretty crazy in Laramie.  They have big gates on the freeway that ocme down to shut them down when they get blowing and drifting snow.  Pretty sure I-80 and 287 will shut down for a time.  This one will be fun to watch.   There's also a cool cam for Winthrop Wa that I watch on and off.  They get a lot of snow there.  I'll repost it when they start getting some snow.  So far it's been pretty dry there. 

The thought of living in any big city makes me queasy...But I’m sure that people that live in the city would think the same way about living out in quiet spread out areas. As far as the weather, I agree that especially for snow and especially in marginal situations that is not the place to be...But either is Mt Vernon. I would feel bad for some weather freak like us that moved out here not knowing how our microclimates work and either chose Seattle or Puyallup, (sorry Jon) or Mt.Vernon/Burlington, etc to move to.

My grandmother lives in San Diego. I remember about 15 years ago driving with her on a country road near my parents house and she was telling me how driving on winding rural roads freaks her out. 

The next year I went down to visit her and she drove me around San Diego. That freaked me out.

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Yea I love to watch their snow.  They get a lot of wind to go with it so it gets pretty crazy in Laramie.  They have big gates on the freeway that ocme down to shut them down when they get blowing and drifting snow.  Pretty sure I-80 and 287 will shut down for a time.  This one will be fun to watch.   There's also a cool cam for Winthrop Wa that I watch on and off.  They get a lot of snow there.  I'll repost it when they start getting some snow.  So far it's been pretty dry there. 

I was out in Laramie around May 8th one year and it snowed 6" or so over night. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I was out in Laramie around May 8th one year and it snowed 6" or so over night. 

Living at 7,000 ft must be wild. 

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

My grandmother lives in San Diego. I remember about 15 years ago driving with her on a country road near my parents house and she was telling me how driving on winding rural roads freaks her out. 

The next year I went down to visit her and she drove me around San Diego. That freaked me out.

The thought of driving through Seattle freaked me out, but I survived driving on the outskirts of Seattle all the way down to San Francisco! The drive down on the I-5 was quite boring, but on the way back up I drove the coast and I drove through many windy foresty roads, and I even saw some Sasquatch signs.

• Like 1

This was posted via Twitter

Snow above the Glenhaven neighborhood near South Lake Whatcom 

Absolutely zilch in my neighborhood, but Bellingham is a city of microclimates and I'm well away from the Chuckanuts and down in the flats.

The possibility of getting an overrunning event in about a week is enticing. But that's still clown range in my book.

It's called clown range for a reason.

Living at 7,000 ft must be wild. 

The first time we visited there, I felt like a guppy at the top of the fish bowl trying to find air.  They played Colorado St. the other night.  15f.  Got to be tough on teams coming in there to play although Colorado St is only a couple K lower in elevation but for teams like San Diego St it can be a really tough environment. 

• Like 1

The first time we visited there, I felt like a guppy at the top of the fish bowl trying to find air.  They played Colorado St. the other night.  15f.  Got to be tough on teams coming in there to play although Colorado St is only a couple K lower in elevation but for teams like San Diego St it can be a really tough environment. 

I had a baseball tournament in Grand Junction when I was 16. Granted that is only around 4600 or so, but I remember being winded after a short warm up jog. 

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Snow monsters or sun tans.

I’ll take either right about now.

You will see the sun for a few days coming up here... but it will be physically impossible to get a tan at this time of year.    Even if you stand outside naked in the sun all day.    Frostbite could be a real possibility though.    ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

48F and damp. Mostly cloudy.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope