June (July) 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

75F and beautiful in Springfield.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Hard to tell from the picture but the ice looks thick enough. I will run across instead.

My father in law is helping me renovate my barn. Yesterday he asked for a tool while we were on the roof. Without thinking I went to get it and stepped on the old fiberglass portion of the roof. It is about 15' high, if I had not caught myself while falling through I would probably be a body cast right now. Just saying, when you fall, you fall so quick its hard to even process what is happening. Good thing I still have my cat like reflexes and youthful biceps. 

110317243_593320864941725_33447771502783

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

67 and partly cloudy here... much brighter than the last 2 days.   

Still quite cloudy down here.

202007242236.jpg

A perfect example of how areas north and east of Seattle can really just be nicer in the summer and see localized patches of clearing. If I was up there life would be complaint free all the time!!!

• Like 2

Still quite cloudy down here.

202007242236.jpg

A perfect example of how areas north and east of Seattle can really just be nicer in the summer and see localized patches of clearing. If I was up there life would be complaint free all the time!!!

Just an exception to the rule. Today the flow is more from the NW... rather than the W or SW which results in c-zone clouds and often drizzle in the areas to the north and east of Seattle. And that is more common in the summer with troughy patterns. Not always... but it is more common. It's just geography and climo.

Matt once talked about looking for places to live and said that areas to the east of Seattle are too often all or nothing in the summer. And he was right. For the next 5 days it looks like we will be in the "all" phase.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Still pretty cloudy here.

Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to feel about this? I'm so conflicted.

You can feel however you want... won't change anything.

Besides... you are probably pretty busy right now and sky conditions are less meaningful than usual. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Still pretty cloudy here.

Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to feel about this? I'm so conflicted.

Just checked the matrix and your choices are:

1. Distant and withdrawn with a moderate craving for Marie Calendar TV dinners.

2. Extreme disdain for Cliff Mass and an unreasonably critical self image as it pertains to your calf size/strength.

3. Jubilant to the point of doing a Go Pro movie montage of yourself skipping around the North Bend Outlet Mall and trying on funny outfits to I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred.

• Like 3

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Hard to tell from the picture but the ice looks thick enough. I will run across instead.

Occasionally a buddy and me would run into situation like this when we were out exploring.  We were usually smart enough not to attempt the not so smart act of whatever. That’s when we would call upon....“Dead animal Dave”! He was a young fella full of spunk and would try anything!  So in this case I would send Dead animal Dave first! 

He loved to taxidermy and was always on the lookout for dead animals on our trips.....so my buddy gave him a name

• Like 2

Just checked the matrix and your choices are:

2. Extreme disdain for Cliff Mass and an unreasonably critical self image as it pertains to your calf size/strength.

Considering the amount of walking/hiking I do, both for recreation and work, my calves are pretty impressive. Maybe almost as strong as my disdain for Cliff Mass. I bet that guy has scrawny calves to boot.

• Like 1

Considering the amount of walking/hiking I do, both for recreation and work, my calves are pretty impressive. Maybe almost as strong as my disdain for Cliff Mass. I bet that guy has scrawny calves to boot.

I’ve always had well-defined calves and have taken them for granted. I remember watching True Life on MTV years ago and seeing the guy obsessed with getting calf implants. It was eye opening.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

18z looks fairly reluctant to break the heat pattern down next week.

That’s certainly not the interpretation I derived from it.

I’ve always had well-defined calves and have taken them for granted. I remember watching True Life on MTV years ago and seeing the guy obsessed with getting calf implants. It was eye opening.

Same here. Never had calves until I put on a bunch of weight in high school. By the time I lost the weight they were jacked up, despite the fact I skipped most leg days (and still do, lol).

Carrying around all that flab for 2yrs probably did it.

My father in law is helping me renovate my barn. Yesterday he asked for a tool while we were on the roof. Without thinking I went to get it and stepped on the old fiberglass portion of the roof. It is about 15' high, if I had not caught myself while falling through I would probably be a body cast right now. Just saying, when you fall, you fall so quick its hard to even process what is happening. Good thing I still have my cat like reflexes and youthful biceps.

110317243_593320864941725_33447771502783

Yikes, glad you were able to catch yourselves. Thanks for the advice and looking out for me. You're a class act.

• Like 1

The 00Z GFS looks much better for later next week for those wanting some real summery weather. Much better compared to the 00Z run last night.

Looking more and more likely that energy cuts off offshore next week.

00Z GFS shows SEA still in the mid to upper 80s next Friday and then it crashes to 75 on Saturday.    But then back into the low 80s on Sunday.