Calling the Euro the false and illegitimate title of "the king" is now henceforth banned in this respectable establishment 

(this run isn't actually that bad?)

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

1 minute ago, Slushy Inch said:

I’m not sure how this is a cave at all

It’s not a cave. But definitely more progressive.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Randyc321 said:

I would like to see the day I get the same amount of snow as @MR.SNOWMIZER.  This pattern would be great for my area, but the upslope would bury him.

You can mock the WRF, but as we get close, it can be quite accurate for precip, but sometimes stingy.

Yeah it's why I'm keeping a close eye on it.  I promised my wife a snow day (a Seattle school district teacher).

It's a fine model - it's just cliff mass relies on it too much,. especially in the LR.  IIRC, the wrf has more data points on our terrain.

Surface temps struggling to go below 20 on the Euro for Seattle. Definitely a step toward the GFS.

Personally not a fan of this run because of the complete lack of snow with the arctic front. But that's a detail to resolve when we get closer to the end of the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

In just 24 hours. And this is the range where the Euro is deadly. Meanwhile, the GFS held its ground. Astonishing. 

trend-ecmwf_full-2024010700-f144.500h_anom.na.gif

So rare for that to happen. And of all times for it to happen…it almost feels scripted.

• Like 4