Ground Hog Day Blizzard/Snowstorm Part II

Geos

There is just too much warm air being pulled northward into S/C WI...I doubt there will be any decent snow accumulations in and around MKE and points south.  A nice thump snow near GRB...Snowshoe prob seeing some pretty good snow fall rates.

0.9 inches of very wet snow here.  That was followed by a little sleet and then light rain, plus the trees dripped all over the place.  It was like shoveling water.  Nearly all our snowfall this winter has been very dense (sleetstorm) or wet and heavy.  Most winters drop mostly cold, dry snow.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

0.9 inches of very wet snow here.  That was followed by a little sleet and then light rain, plus the trees dripped all over the place.  It was like shoveling water.  Nearly all our snowfall this winter has been very dense (sleetstorm) or wet and heavy.  Most winters drop mostly cold, dry snow.

Same here!  I must say, this winter the temps have been marginal when moisture has arrived or to warm.  Bring me some powder!

A report of 4" just to my east. That's 1" per hour rates.

0120 PM     SNOW             KING                    44.33N 89.13W
02/02/2016  M4.0 INCH        WAUPACA            WI   TRAINED SPOTTER

What is your snow depth???  My friends are going up near Castle Rock Lake this weekend to take the "sleds" out.

Waiting till morning to tackle this mess, shoveling wise.

I always like to shovel away the slop asap.  If you wait til the next morning it will be frozen.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

The only upside to only getting 5-6" from a storm you watched for over a week straight and fully expected to get close to a foot if not more.... less snow to shovel. Thank God too. That had to be some of the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever shoveled. We've had snow before at 32-33 degrees that was nowhere near this wet. I bet the ratios were 8:1 at most. Shoveled absolute cement today!

I always like to shovel away the slop asap.  If you wait til the next morning it will be frozen.

Snow on the bottom so I can toss 20' IF I dont touch it till then lol....just have to resist the urge :)

Dubuque 2007-2008 Winter

78.1"  Total snowfall

February Snowfall 32.5"

City salt usage  : 12,211 tons

Days of measurable snow  : 40

Pretty cool having two thunder storms with sleet in the same winter. About 0.1" of sleet and rain.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

No school for us tomorrow. That is now 2 days in a row. Rare for our school. I guess our superintendent was going out to check streets and roads and got stuck and had to walk the rest of the way to our administration building. He said this is nuts and said use tomorrow as a dig out day. In some places it will take several days. Wind blowing now as hard as anytime during this storm. Last check was 1/4 mile visibility

Well, ended up with slightly less than 2 inches, I'd say 1.8 probably. I melted it to 0.23 inches of liquid so, a very heavy, wet, snow fell. Then it rained 0.10 inches on top of that. Some Hi-res models suggest maybe another inch late tonight.

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Snow coming down VERY heavy in MSP. Glad the models missed it and we got a good snowfall so far. 5 inches and counting with 1/4 mile visibility where I am!

You might end up being the secondary winner near the Midwest/Lakes if that banding sets up just right.