PNW December 2022 - Part II

Guest hawkstwelve

I just checked the conditions outside here. It looks like we pretty much stayed as sleet all night. Not as much glazing on objects as I expected, just lots of white and compacted sleet on the ground. The problem is a good shower is moving through now and it kind of sounds more like freezing rain than sleet at this moment. 

• Like 3

My front porch (concrete steps and such), is just ice. Not very thick, but all ice. Gutters were dripping a bit though. I could also hear a car on the main road...I could tell it was going slow, but the sound of the tires were loud, Kinda crunchy, kinda that poppy sound snow tires make.....? Once it gets light enough, I'll walk to the end of the driveway and see how bad the road is. Maybe some of the trees will be pretty enough for photos..! :)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

I just checked the conditions outside here. It looks like we pretty much stayed as sleet all night. Not as much glazing on objects as I expected, just lots of white and compacted sleet on the ground. The problem is a good shower is moving through now and it kind of sounds more like freezing rain than sleet at this moment. 

Stayed sleet all last night over here too. Looks like most of the PDX Metro had sleet. Providence Park covered in ice, looks like snow.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

D*mnit my boss wants me to start work at 10am in Covington. I really hope things are looking better on the roads by then…he seems to think it’ll just magically disappear in the next hour or two. 

Tell him no. It's to dangerous brother. 

• Like 8

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

1 hour ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Going to white knuckle this baby into Seattle. Wish me Goodluck 

Welp ppl, I made it! 3 semis in the ditch currently on I-5 in Federal Way. Federal Way has significantly more ice than Seattle.

• Like 9

25.9 with light mist at the moment. Was freezing raining moderately at 4:30 when I let the dogs out. Everything is crunchy hard, dogs didn’t know what to think when trying to walk on glass snow. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

14 minutes ago, snow maniac said:

Crazy, I just checked with Mason PUD 3 and no power outages! 
and I haven’t even heard a single tree crack… yet

With a good 1/4 inch of glaze, good thing the wind stopped.

I checked TPU earlier and also nothing on the outage map. Pretty surprising. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Current I-5 conditions. A lot of idiot drivers on the road 

61C655F5-C779-4AB2-905B-6E22DDDEE67C.jpeg

Looks gnarly. People were flying by me last night on my way home from the airport as it was pouring rain and 26 degrees. I was pretty much going the speed limit. People just don’t think…

• Like 3