June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Anyone rooting for 90s should not be living in the PNW.

Whining about highs in the 70s (aka: average) is just plain absurd. Not even trolling there. Everyone loves highs in the 70s.

• Like 2
foto26446a4f1f801ef3b3d1564dea31df66.png
"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

Whining about highs in the 70s (aka: average) is just plain absurd.

I'm on the 90's suck train especially above 45N due to pretty brutal sun angles during the warm season.

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Whining about highs in the 70s (aka: average) is just plain absurd.

I'm betting there are very few people in this world who are rooting for 90's and those who are can most likely be found here.

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

The rest of us seem to find weather stuff to talk about. Of course we also bicker like inferior children.

Good thinking. Let's argue about whether I post about the weather enough in an effort to get me posting more about the weather.

Looks like a warm up is coming, followed by a cool down and another possibly bigger warm up followed by probably another cool down. July will probably be warm, August not so much. Stay tuned!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Good thinking. Let's argue about whether I post about the weather enough in an effort to get me posting more about the weather.

Looks like a warm up is coming, followed by a cool down and another possibly bigger warm up followed by probably another cool down. July will probably be warm, August not so much. Stay tuned!

I miss the yawning emoji.

I miss the yawning emoji.

The weather this time of year can indeed be a little boring. A run at 107 would get this place going but we're still a few weeks from that being a possibility.

#climostillcounts

The weather this time of year can be a little boring. A run at 107 would get this place going but we're still a few weeks from that being a possibility.

#climostillcounts

There are interesting aspects to the weather year round IMO. On both the warm and cold sides of the toast.

I'm on the 90's suck train especially above 45N due to pretty brutal sun angles during the warm season.

You mean below 45N? Definitely. I mean, 90*F+ always sucks, but it’s even worse when the Sun is super high in the sky like down in FL. Really amplifies it.

The Sun angle is something like 75 degrees here right now, and you definitely feel it during the midday hours.

"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

There are interesting aspects to the weather year round IMO. On both the warm and cold sides of the toast.

Sure, I'm speaking relatively however.

This is nothing new, and you're just as guilty as anyone else as evidenced by multiple springs where you and Tim's ****** baggery have spiked to similar levels.

Not sure about the numbers but we're probably about to start climbing out of the spring abyss. Summer extremes help but more importantly we're getting closer to fall/winter.

You mean below 45N? Definitely. I mean, 90*F+ always sucks, but it’s even worse when the Sun is super high in the sky like down in FL. Really amplifies it.

The Sun angle is something like 75 degrees here right now, and you definitely feel it during the midday hours.

You got it. Throw in some altitude and 90+ in low latitudes and things really suck! 

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

So you got out of funding that new school? Nice work.

We're in the BG district just barely, which thanks to our booger picking legislature and massive Apostolic population can't get a bond passed.

Hockinson has no postal code, so people are either in Brush Prairie or Battle Ground even in the Hockinson district.

• Like 1

Sure, I'm speaking relatively however.

This is nothing new, and you're just as guilty as anyone else as evidenced by multiple springs where you and Tim's ****** baggery have spiked to similar levels.

Some personal attacks. Nice touch.

I appreciate the fact that Tim at very least tries to keep most of his content weather related. Even if we don’t always agree.

55 at SEA at 2 p.m. on 6/10 with a west wind gusting to 32 mph and rain.

Very typical June day. I think normal high is up to 48 now.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I think the average high is higher than that? Where can we find that kind of information?

Some personal attacks. Nice touch.

I appreciate the fact that Tim at very least tries to keep most of his content weather related. Even if we don’t always agree.

Love him or hate him, Tim is very much the life blood of this place.

Just got back from Costco in Issaquah... lots of hail on the side of the road here. My son said it was pretty wild with lots of thunder and lightning. Sun is shining now.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Heavenly. :wub:

Praying to the weather gods that this pattern returns in time for my visit next month.

Love him or hate him, Tim is very much the life blood of this place.

More like the circulatory system, is Jesse the liver?

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Heavenly. :wub:

Praying to the weather gods that this pattern returns in time for my visit next month.

I wonder if you will finally now get credit for the troughy pattern you predicted perfectly well over a month ago?

"Nice" day in Seattle for the sun-lovers. Typical June day.  <_>

attachicon.gifScreenshot_1.png

We went into Costco under a blue sky and sunshine... came out to very dark clouds and wind swept rain... went into Target in the same conditions and came out of there to brilliant sunshine with barely a cloud in the sky.   Temperature bounced around from 63 or 64 down to 50 and then back up to 62.   

Variable weather day.  

This is certainly the most legit western troughing in a month and a half.

It was quite weak until the last couple days.

Its been generally troughy since the last week of May.   

Its been generally troughy since the last week of May.   

Weak sauce. Even over the PNW heights have been near normal. The main troughing was further north and offshore. Certainly hasn't been full-scale western troughing like we're currently seeing.

compday.uRbSWyiioj.gif

A forum for the end of the world.

Whining about highs in the 70s (aka: average) is just plain absurd. Not even trolling there. Everyone loves highs in the 70s.

I’m complaining about today’s high of 55ish!! Too cold!!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!