December 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Tyler Mode

I believe you were the one to come up with the term GooFuS. It earned it's name tonight.

Haha, it’s possible. And yeah, NWP skill scores are tanking faster than the stock market right now.

That was one bizarre run. A Tim dry dream and Jesse nightmare all in one.

• Like 2

Haha, it’s possible. And yeah, NWP skill scores are tanking faster than the stock market right now.

That was one bizarre run. A Tim dry dream and Jesse nightmare all in one.

I still think there will be a wet storm around days 7 and 8 like the 12Z ECMWF showed.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I still think there will be a wet storm around days 7 and 8 like the 12Z ECMWF showed.

#ReversePsychology

#ReversePsychology

No... it just makes sense.   Its not usually dry for almost 15 days at the end of December and early January and any run that shows that should be looked at with skepticism.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

. I’ve had mine on since the first week on November

I thought about putting them on then but time got away from me, besides, I....have a very fun car to drive,and I have a lot of fun driving it....and I hate the lack of grip with winter tires when its not winter conditions on the road.  Aside from that, I have to turn left onto a 2 lane 55mph highway every morning, and I can either sit there for 5 minutes waiting for a gap or romp on it and shoot a gap.  When I romp on it with winter tires, I get bad wheel spin/traction control battles up to about 20-30mph.  

Hopefully the ensembles will be better. Already a good mood in here tonight with the Hawks win so king EURO delivering a regional blast will be the cherry on top.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

fv3p_z500a_namer_34.png

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

??

Very strange post.

People do take vitamin supplements.    My wife is health professional and vitamin D supplements are a key recommendation for anyone living in the northern part of the country.     It boosts your immune system in the winter months. 

Sorry that offends you.   I take a multi-vitamin supplement every day all year long actually... and a baby aspirin.  

Vitamin D is mandatory for me.  I work 10-12 hour days, and rarely get outside for lunch, so I don't see the sun (or "daylight") 5 days out of the week in the winter time.  It caught up to me about 6 years ago, I had no energy and my mood was in the sh****r.  Doc checked my vitamin D levels and they were very low.  I think she gave me a shot, and I definitely remember she gave me a prescription of high dose vitamin D that I had to take for about 5 weeks, and it took that long before I started feeling human again.

I highly recommend anyone who is indoors a lot in the winter take vitamin D.

As I am getting older, I am starting to think I am going to have to get one of those "grow lights" to get me through the winters.

Vitamin D is mandatory for me.  I work 10-12 hour days, and rarely get outside for lunch, so I don't see the sun (or "daylight") 5 days out of the week in the winter time.  It caught up to me about 6 years ago, I had no energy and my mood was in the sh****r.  Doc checked my vitamin D levels and they were very low.  I think she gave me a shot, and I definitely remember she gave me a prescription of high dose vitamin D that I had to take for about 5 weeks, and it took that long before I started feeling human again.

As I am getting older, I am starting to think I am going to have to get one of those "grow lights" to get me through the winters.

What do you do for a living?  

What do you do for a living?  

I am a Sr. Cost Analyst for a aircraft cabin interiors supplier, working on a Regional Jet development program that is trying to get Type Certification by the end of 2019  Things are getting pretty crazy as we try to get across the finish line.  We supply a lot of the interior and crew/passenger safety hardware.  I go in to work at around 6:15-6:30 to run reports and do costing analysis for other folks when they drift in between 7:30 and 8, and get prepared to brief the Director of the program on anything that came in overnight.  Then in the late afternoon, I am on the phone with the customer as they are coming into their office, and I have a sit down with the Director to finalize any proposals we will be sending over at the end of the day.  I am usually in the office until 5 or 6, then its not uncommon for me to get on the phone with them once I get home up until 8-9pm.  A lot the work I do it technically Program Manager work...

Its a grind, and I have been doing it for so long that I don't know what I would do with myself if I only had to work for 8 hours a day!   Oh wait, yeah I do, I would kayak and ride my bike more!

• Like 1

Good information... my wife says she tells patients all the time about the importance of vitamin D

Looks like .40" today so far. 52/43.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

My wife is an ER nurse manager...

that’s really neat! In Portland? My wife used to work at Providence Portland as an RN. She currently teaches at the school of nursing at the grad program at the university of Portland. And she also works for careoregon where she does primary care in patient homes for home-bound patients. She has her doctorate in nursing and is way smarter than me. But most of you probably assumed that by now.

that’s really neat!

My wife teaches at the school of nursing at the grad program at the university of Portland. And she also works for careoregon where she does primary care in patient homes for home-bound patients. She has her doctorate in nursing and is way smarter than me. But most of you probably assumed that by now.

Doctorate! Daaaaaaamn....

She works currently at PeaceHealth in Longview but that should be changing shortly.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.