22 minutes ago, Sandy rocks said:

The TV stations are being extremely wishy-washy. How are people supposed to know and plan for the weather when they won't give any useful information. At one point the screen showing the weather was blank. We need a better way to track weather conditions besides what's available.

I'd love to hear your proposals...

• Like 3

Back up to a balmy 4.8 degrees here.  Because of the winds, I am having to swap out my hummingbird feeder about every hour or so even with my red neck attempts to heat it. I have some thick shrubs on the side of my deck that is out of the wind where they can take refuge.  

IMG_7243.thumb.jpeg.ecc07e9bc76771b2a18bda7532c5bf63.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, clipper_range said:

I'm starting to think the low either will strengthen a tad closer to landfall or precip shield will grow. We shall see.

We’re definitely close enough now. It’s only about 15-20 miles south here. Should atleast be some flakes in the air tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Just now, Chewbacca Defense said:

Back up to a balmy 4.8 degrees here.  Because of the winds, I am having to swap out my hummingbird feeder about every hour or so even with my red neck attempts to heat it. I have some thick shrubs on the side of my deck that is out of the wind where they can take refuge.  

IMG_7243.thumb.jpeg.ecc07e9bc76771b2a18bda7532c5bf63.jpeg

We got the heat lamp plugged in our hummingbird feeder this morning.   They were buzzing around us when we did it all excited. 

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Ah yes... our annual Super Bowl snowstorm.  Pretty much guaranteed.   Can you tell me now if my satellite dish is going to be covered in snow?    🤨

I do find it interesting that over the last decade or so we've had snow on or just around the superbowl.  

• Like 1

Just now, Snownerd3000 said:

I do find it interesting that over the last decade or so we've had snow on or just around the superbowl.  

It is a rather interesting phenomenon for us.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

We got the heat lamp plugged in our hummingbird feeder this morning.   They were buzzing around us when we did it all excited. 

I have light bulbs next to the feeders.  I take them in at night and put them back at daylight and those guys are thrilled to see them.

• Like 2

12z Euro initialized about 10-15 degrees warmer than what is actually happening here.

• Like 5
  • scream 1
  • Shivering 1
  • bongocat-test 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

14 minutes ago, Doinko said:

It's very lightly sprinkling right now, hopefully those turn into flurries soon

It won't be too long for us. Temp doesn't even have to fall too much for us since we're generally in the mid 30s. 

Front just hit Vernonia a while ago. They were 32F at 9 AM and now 28.9F

image.png.0ed4053f4a1808921751a479a7ad591a.png

In Clark county, I see along I5, even south of 502 it is already dropping into the 20s as well. 

• Like 4
  • bongocat-test 1

2 minutes ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

Looking at the maps on the Euro anything above this blue line would be all snow
image.thumb.png.192bcec120240c50b6ebe3d20cabd929.png

QPF hole right of over PDX! Models love sending a heavier band north of PDX into SW WA. Wondering if that is what will clip OLM. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I have 1-2 "residents" who are very protective of their feeder.  When I went  out at one point, I had one pop up out of the bushes and follow me, poor guy/gal was moving slow.  As soon as I got the warm feeder up it was on it and stayed there for a long time.

My set up does good as long as there is not any wind.... but with a 3-5 degree ambient temperature and 10 or so mph winds it doesn't stand a chance.

7 minutes ago, Kayla said:

12z Euro initialized about 10-15 degrees warmer than what is actually happening here.

It's also consistently been starting the run with the onset of the cold air where it was like 2 hours ago.

Like, it shows Hood River as having just gone below freezing...at 11AM.

Yeah, at this point it's a nowcast situation.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Pretty exciting to have the arctic front bearing down at us from the north and east at about the same rate. Haven’t seen that for a long time.

You guys are in for some fun. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snownerd3000 said:

My sister used to wrap incandescent christmas lights around the feeder and it was just enough heat omitted to keep it from freezing.

That's what I have under the bubble wrap, but its just too cold and windy for them to have the desired effect.

6 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I talked about that yesyerday, It is normally 5-10 to warm here as well during these events.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Pretty exciting to have the arctic front bearing down at us from the north and east at about the same rate. Haven’t seen that for a long time.

Very impressive stuff up here. Temps gone down 3 degrees in the last 4 hours despite it being light outside. 

• Like 2

Yeah, this has been really fun to track. No slowdown with the cold air arrival or anything like that

• Like 5