PNW November 2021 Wx Obs/Discussion

Meatyorologist

5 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Could be first time in over a decade Snoqualmie nears 60ft. And if it does hit 60ft or go over, it'll be first time since 1995/1996.

By the looks of things right now this could be up there with the biggies.  I always watch the Skagit really closely in cases like this.  For some reason huge floods on that river and the Stillaguamish often foretell major cold weather coming.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 hours ago, snow drift said:

I would love to see some high latitude blocking. We've had one below average high all month. 

A change to an overall cooler regime is pretty close now.

• Excited 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

9 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

By the looks of things right now this could be up there with the biggies.  I always watch the Skagit really closely in cases like this.  For some reason huge floods on that river and the Stillaguamish often foretell major cold weather coming.

We are now in "major" flooding category with said rivers.  Some top tier stuff and very much what a Nina is.

The second AR coming in a few days looks like big trouble for the north half of Western WA.  The trajectory is textbook for huge amounts of rain in the mountains.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

The second AR coming in a few days looks like big trouble for the north half of Western WA.  The trajectory is textbook for huge amounts of rain in the mountains.

Yeah, we still haven't even talked much about the second AR for early next week. 

• Like 1

Kind of interesting I still remember the one two punch firehose we had in 1990.  The GFS and ECMWF both show the North Cascades could have around 15 inches of precip over the next 5 days or so.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

3 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Kind of interesting I still remember the one two punch firehose we had in 1990.  The GFS and ECMWF both show the North Cascades could have around 15 inches of precip over the next 5 days or so.

I lived in Renton at that time. The Cedar River was raging through Renton. I remember watching TV and the Breaking News!! as the I 90 bridge sank. Quite a stretch of weather. 

12 minutes ago, Ellsworb said:

We've sprung a leak in our roof on the east shore of lake tapps!  What a deluge of rain!

That’s interesting our roof just started leaking just now. Freaking great rooting for rain and this happens!

• Sad 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Looks like another heavy band is moving in. Soon I’ll be measuring the rainfall by the rain gauge in my f*cking living room bucket. 0.93” today and 3.98” for the month. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

1 minute ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Looks like another heavy band is moving in. Soon I’ll be measuring the rainfall by the rain gauge in my f*cking living room bucket. 0.93” today and 3.98” for the month. 

That sucks. Wild weather is fun as long as it stays outside. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Very thankful for the brief break. Was manage to get my dog outside for more than 5 minutes without her scampering back indoor immediately. She has a tiny raincoat but still hates the rain. 🤣

Now we soak again. 

Just now, Cloud said:

Very thankful for the brief break. Was manage to get my dog outside for more than 5 minutes without her scampering back indoor immediately. She has a tiny raincoat but still hates the rain. 🤣

Now we soak again. 

Yeah we’re probably due atleast another inch of rain here in the next 12-18 hours probably more. Hopefully the roof situation can be fixed this weekend before the next AR eventually hits us. 

• Sad 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

6 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Yeah we’re probably due atleast another inch of rain here in the next 12-18 hours probably more. Hopefully the roof situation can be fixed this weekend before the next AR eventually hits us. 

Yeah, need to get that fixed immediately. That really sucks and unfortunate. We typically do a full house inspection around beginning of September to determine if there are any issues that can come during the rainy season. We have a neighbor that just got done with roof replacement about 1.5weeks ago because it was leaking. Glad they got it done on time. 

Just now, Cloud said:

Temps up to 54 now. Expected to continue to go up overnight. Rain picking back up again. 

58 here rains knocking on the door again. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0