November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

Big picture take away is the general pattern of blocking and cold air in western Canada doesn’t look to be going anywhere. Should be lots of interesting model riding going forward at very least.

I did notice the Euro gives PDX another few inches of snow in an overrunning type set up early next week. In the wake of the cold airmass we get brushed with on this run.

• Like 6

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

11am forecast vs. observations

KSEA

DP: HRRR 32, NAM 33, actual 30-31.

Temps: HRRR 34, NAM 35, actual 34.

KBFI

DP: HRRR 33, NAM 33, actual 32.

Temps: HRRR 34, NAM 35, actual 32.

Still running a tad under forecast in most cases here. 

• Like 3

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

3 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Big picture take away is the general pattern of blocking and cold air in western Canada doesn’t look to be going anywhere. Should be lots of interesting model riding going forward at very least.

I did notice the Euro gives PDX another few inches of snow in an overrunning type set up early next week. In the wake of the cold airmass we get brushed with on this run.

Hoping we get a more suppressed jet

• Like 1

Just now, Phishy Wx said:

i'm in E WA.  can I get a regional one?

1670587200-jyzCjB9Y7gI.pnghere ya go!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

1 hour ago, OysterPrintout said:

frankly i'm as concerned as you are about the gfs day 16 500mb pattern but I thought I'd look for some large scale features to help me sleep at night

Okay. Just thought I’d note it’s at 10mb.  Probably quite a few newish members on here on a day like today might not even notice it’s not a 500mb map. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Up to 34 in Tacoma. I suspect unless we start getting heavier precip rates the first event may be wrapping up in the south sound. 

Very light snow. Snow is starting to fall off trees and melt on the road. 

I can report it has turned to rain already in South Hill 

FC8E38E8-A4CF-4338-9795-8050D90FEE34.png

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Hate to sound like everyone’s favorite lawyer here but teleconnectively there isn’t much to shove that south on that map, at face value.

There are ridges all around it and there is a trough to its south... Path of least resistance. Of course, may just move west out to sea. Time will tell.

Just now, SouthHillFrosty said:

Very light snow. Snow is starting to fall off trees and melt on the road. 

I can report it has turned to rain already in South Hill 

FC8E38E8-A4CF-4338-9795-8050D90FEE34.png

Time for the big show in the central/ north sound! Our time will be tomorrow night 😊. Very pleased at how this event turned out down here got more than i thought we would. Been a fun day at work here in Kent out in the snow. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Up to 34 in Tacoma. I suspect unless we start getting heavier precip rates the first event may be wrapping up in the south sound. 

Have to say regardless it’s been a fun couple days.  Looking forward to this being the trend for the season….I Hope! 

Temps starting to rise a bit more at SeaTac, around 34 with a quick jump to 36.

My Twitter

1 minute ago, 12345WeatherNerd said:

There are ridges all around it and there is a trough to its south... Path of least resistance

doesn't necessarily work that way.  needs a mechanism to get pushed south or something strong to pull it down.  it may stay where it is if the setup isn't dynamic enough to move it

• Like 2