December 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

It'll be Jim-centric. Depends on whether he'd just bow out or have an old school temper tantrum.

I doubt we make it through this winter without at least a couple more opportunities, though.

Hard to believe it's only Dec.11, seems like we have had an entire winter season of meltdowns already!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It'll be Jim-centric. Depends on whether he'd just bow out or have an old school temper tantrum.

I doubt we make it through this winter without at least a couple more opportunities, though.

We've already seen people bow out and have old school temper tantrums, and Christmas is still 2 weeks away. At this rate, there will only be a hardy few left by January.

A forum for the end of the world.

I don't know. Phil just posted a video of an east coast thunderblizzard that is sure to invert some frowns!

Except mine. That f**ker whiffed me last minute.

You think you have it bad? Try having blizzard watches hoisted 36hrs before an event only to have the rug pulled and get nothing. Went from expecting 2ft of snow and 70mph winds to absolutely nothing within one model cycle. Nightmare.

Acually could end up being a windstorm.

Blizzard. Count on it. It's gonna be great.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

It's already getting ugly...Alaskan block undergoing progressive, messy decapitations.

Between the decapitations, the WHAM's, the E:120's or whatever the hell it is...we are all doomed.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I love the latest AFD from Seattle...basically nobody knows where or when the hell the pscz will set up so we are taking the wait and see approach which seems reasonable.