PNW December 2022 - Part II

Guest hawkstwelve

Just now, TT-SEA said:

High temps Wednesday... partly to mostly sunny day around Seattle and northward after lingering snow showers move south before dawn.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-t2m_f_max6-1667200 (5).png

Going to be too warm up here again, especially with my hopefully deep snow cover. Most likely mid 20’s for me like today. 

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Down to 35F. Nice evening. Cloudy and dry.

• Like 4
  • Excited 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Just now, SouthHillFrosty said:

The Euro is on an island with precip totals. It also performed the worst for my location in early December also. 

F58C5D8F-3B31-4A0B-B975-016C7DC377C6.png

78711A1C-8AA7-41A9-913B-CCDBBA4AEF6A.png

25556691-56C4-45BC-B112-AF4E0AC65E0D.png

62C1ECFA-90D2-4597-B5EE-334D66B319F0.png

All comes down to track of low... heaviest precip will be to the north.    Sort of like what we are seeing tonight.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

The difference between the euro and gfs is disgusting.  Not excepable for this close.

I agree. You'd think there's a middle ground for these two major models. I  don't care which way it leans, there needs to be a middle ground. Just absurd. 

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

All comes down to track of low... heaviest precip will be to the north.    Sort of like what we are seeing tonight.  

So what you're saying now is even at this range, the models can't come to compromise on the track of this low? Is this acceptable?

• Like 1

850mb temps go above 0C early Friday morning... that is when freezing rain becomes an issue if there is cold air trapped at the surface.   Should be no freezing rain threat until that time.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-t850-1796800.png

• Like 2
  • Shivering 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Metro area developing ESE winds as colder air starts to get pulled through the gorge ahead of the offshore low. Down to 35 here with the DP down to 30.

Too bad the low moving in to the north tomorrow is going to switch gradients back to southerly through tomorrow evening and delay the whole progression 36 hours or so. Wouldn’t surprise me to see PDX make a run at 50 tomorrow. Would be nice if we were going into the cold air for event right now.

• Like 7

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, WildrootParable said:

It's finally happening! For the first time all day, we've switched over to bigger flakes. I'm thinking it's because a nice big band of green passed over us on radar. ❄️

Watching that come right towards Seattle 😂 we need heavier precip rates please! Almost looks like a mix here in central district currently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snownerd3000 said:

Imagine if Snoqualmie was as good a cold conduit as the gorge 

The pass would need to be about 2,500 feet deeper so it comes in at valley level... but yeah that would be a huge change in the climate of Seattle.   

• Like 2