February Snowfalls 2/10-2/12, Part III & IV

Geos

Whoever wrote the forecast for the Seattle zone must have been overly excited.  The wording and precip ty[pes are all messed up.  It starts out with rain in the morning and areas of snow throughout the day for tomorrow.

I continue to marvel at the return of the cold on Wednesday.  It's nice when the cold is so close.  All we need is a switch to northerly gradients and presto!

There is a new guy and its his first winter here. Maybe he had a part. I laughed when there was rain in forecast for hood canal tonight.

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Give it a couple hrs. Warm nose already on the lee side of the Coast Range. It's not going to warm all that much but enough. 34 to 40 give or take. Many places locally have warmed to 35 give or take a degree or two. The valley should start warming a little more soon overall.

I bet you’re right, but I sure hope this is surprisingly good for PDX.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Still will probably score a few inches. Warm front doesn't really begin to develop until tomorrow morning and we may even have some light ESE flow down here tomorrow morning to keep it cold before that lifts north. 

I'm on the very west end of town and it is now 32.6F and actually have measurable accumulation. Very thin on the roads but maybe up to 3/4ths of an inch on grassy surfaces. Pleasantly surprised the south wind hasn't punched me in the face and taken my lunch money yet. By far the best event for me this winter and it is all with a gusty south wind.

• Like 4

Give it a couple hrs. Warm nose already on the lee side of the Coast Range.  It's not going to warm all that much but enough.  34 to 40 give or take.  Many places locally have warmed to 35 give or take a degree or two.  The valley should start warming a little more soon overall. 

I generally agree with that. However, it is interesting that i am still dropping in temp up here. 30.7 now. Wonder if i may stay as snow for quite a bit longer through the night.

• Like 1

Whoever wrote the forecast for the Seattle zone must have been overly excited.  The wording and precip ty[pes are all messed up.  It starts out with rain in the morning and areas of snow throughout the day for tomorrow.

I continue to marvel at the return of the cold on Wednesday.  It's nice when the cold is so close.  All we need is a switch to northerly gradients and presto!

Definitely a mess.

Monday
Rain likely in the morning. Snow through the day. Rain, a slight chance of light freezing rain and light sleet in the afternoon. Snow level near sea level. Snow and sleet accumulation around 1 inch. Highs in the mid to upper 30s. North wind to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Southerly wind pretty noticeable. Going to rain later but dry for now.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I hope this whole thing tonight isn't going to suck here.  Not sure what is wrong.  The trajectory looks fine to get the moisture around the Olympics.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm on the very west end of town and it is now 32.6F and actually have measurable accumulation. Very thin on the roads but maybe up to 3/4ths of an inch on grassy surfaces. Pleasantly surprised the south wind hasn't punched me in the face and taken my lunch money yet. By far the best event for me this winter and it is all with a gusty south wind.

Nice, man! Trying to stick a little to the bark here near Ridgefield but that's it. Temp still 33.8. We'll see how long we have before the warm surge aloft.

• Like 2

I hope this whole thing tonight isn't going to suck here.  Not sure what is wrong.  The trajectory looks fine to get the moisture around the Olympics.

Not really that important... it just blends into the next system in 12 hours and that one will hit King County hard.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Hope away, isn't going to happen this round., only temporary if you're seeing flurries. 

Alright, alright. 

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really that important... it just blends into the next system in 12 hours and that one will hit King County hard.  

Snow is always important.

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

You guys are getting a ton tomorrow, too.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

This is some of the fastest accumulating snow I've had since 1996 no s**t.

Congrats. Hoping someone gets slammed in a freak snowstorm with that front tomorrow night down here.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

Not when we might get 20 inches in the next 36 hours. Starts to become a concern for many reasons.

Good point.  I'm pretty sure it's almost all going to fall as snow here tomorrow through Tuesday morning.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Let people enjoy this.

Really Chris?

I am speaking for my area and Jim's area.    Nowhere else.  

And this coming from you... the person who has made literally hundreds of negative posts on this forum in the last 2 weeks based on the what the models showed in your backyard.

And you want to lecture me now?   When I am very concerned about snow load here?    I will express my opinion like everyone else does here.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Really Chris?

I am speaking for my area and Jim's area. Nowhere else.

And this coming from you... the person who has made literally hundreds of negative posts on this forum in the last 2 weeks based on the what the models showed in your backyard.

And you want to lecture me now? When I am very concerned about snow load here? I will express my opinion like everyone else does here.

Lol, "literally hundreds of posts"? I would say prove it but you actually might try, but be wrong.

Whatever Tim, end of conversation.