November 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

The EPS is showing less of a warm signal in the 10-15 day period now... but not much of a cold signal either.       Time is moving forward... the 10-15 day period just about takes us to December now.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850-anom-5day-

Still drier than normal though over the next 15 days:

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-qpf-anom-15day-

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Ditch that wimpy Stihl, dude.

Echo 8010 or Redmax 8500 are the big kahunas.

Those are not for my back. Also I stick to brands that never let me down...Stihl for power equipment, John Deere everything, GM trucks, and Talenti for Gelato.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Gusty to strong east winds all night. This is about the strongest east wind I can remember with PDX/TTD-DLS at only -6mb.

Peak gusts: Corbett 64 mph, Crown Point 74 mph(twice)

I really hope we see some kind of miracle pattern change on the 12z runs today and good model continuity/agreement. C'MON!!!!

12z ECMWF in 1 hour 49 minutes

• Like 2

I did quickly hand rake the walkway leaves this morning, they were trying to choke out my moss. Had to be careful not to damage my moss with the rake however.

717C1F31-6CFA-425E-BBC6-247BA24826CF.jpeg

• Like 4

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Gusty to strong east winds all night. This is about the strongest east wind I can remember with PDX/TTD-DLS at only -6mb.

Peak gusts: Corbett 64 mph, Crown Point 74 mph(twice)

I really hope we see some kind of miracle pattern change on the 12z runs today and good model continuity/agreement. C'MON!!!!

12z ECMWF in 1 hour 49 minutes

Was suprisingly very windy on my way back home from work yesterday. Always love a good east wind event.

• Like 2

Yeah I’m kind of blown away by it. Feel like it’s time to move on to the new site but I just don’t want to leaf.

Cute. It’s time to cut the cord. Embrace change. Unless that change is banning leaf blowers. Or anything else that might cause a disturbance to your neighbors.

Lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eaters, hot tubs, heat pumps, dogs, cats, marijuana smoke, cigarette smoke, wood stoves, music, Harley motorbikes.

Let's take a look back. Last week some models/runs and even ensembles were suggesting a *possible* pattern change around November 9th. The EPS said NOPE! Fast forward to a few days ago and the possible pattern change was pushed back to the 16th. Other than 1 or 2 times the EURO/EPS said NOPE! Now we're at November 14th and yet again the GFS/GEF/GEM/CMCE are showing some wet weather with a pattern change around November 23rd-24th pushed back again. EURO/EPS says NOPE!

It's the models' way of saying Real Soon Now.

http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/r/RealSoonNow.html

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Definitely a light at the end of tunnel kind of look on the Euro at day 10.

• Like 3

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

That should begin to help cool the blob. C'MON!!!!

00z GFS in 8 hours 6 minutes

Like I said before, the "blob" is not a bad thing, if it is in the right place.  A negative PDO features a warm blob below Alaska (except just south of the coastline)  The blob of a few winters ago was hugging our coast (positive PDO).  The current PDO is -0.45   

http://research.jisao.washington.edu/pdo/pdo_warm_cool3.jpg

• Like 2

Like I said before, the "blob" is not a bad thing, if it is in the right place.  A negative PDO features a warm blob below Alaska (except just south of the coastline)  The blob of a few winters ago was hugging our coast (positive PDO).  The current PDO is -0.45   

http://research.jisao.washington.edu/pdo/pdo_warm_cool3.jpg

You're right. It's all about placement/position. Think Cold and SNOW!!!! C'MON!!!!

6z NAM in 11 hours 55 minutes

• Like 3

You're right. It's all about placement/position. Think Cold and SNOW!!!! C'MON!!!!

6z NAM in 11 hours 55 minutes

Yup. The blob was there in 13-14.

• Like 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Cute. It’s time to cut the cord. Embrace change. Unless that change is banning leaf blowers. Or anything else that might cause a disturbance to your neighbors.

Lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eaters, hot tubs, heat pumps, dogs, cats, marijuana smoke, cigarette smoke, wood stoves, music, Harley motorbikes.

You forgot children.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.