Part II- January 2020 Obs and Discussion

snow_wizard

So EUG IS south Portland??

That event was still way more impressive at PDX. Okay how about February 2014. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Also, I miss Tim.

Sorry, I’m prolly gonna get suspended for that too, like AJ Hinch and Jeff Luhnow SUCK IT ASTROS

Alex Cora is next.

Fück’em all.

• Like 1

Its been brutal just watching snow go all around me or dissipate before getting to my location. I have gotten a dusting but other than that I am in the epic screw hole. :(  Another night of failure coming? I sure hope not, but losing confidence.

• Like 1

Not smart enough to get scholarships in those kinds of places. I feel I'm kinda trapped in-state at this point. One of the reasons I was hoping for a nice snowstorm this month-- a good send-off before I head down south.

If you’re deciding between Indiana and SoCal, I’d choose the former. SoCal has no weather at all, lol. IIRC Tiger might be joining you out there in a few years.

• Like 1

Lifetime ban for him imo.

He was involved in both scandals so he sure as hell better get the Pete Rose treatment.

• Like 2

Thanks! amazing how the CZ slide south stalled and then went north wow! 

Yeah. Pretty fun to monitor and why I love the PSCZ. There was a real battle between the southerlies and the arctic front at that time. At one point, the southerlies were strong enough (S wind sustained at 9-10mph) to push the CZ back north before it dissipated.  

He was involved in both scandals so he sure as hell better get the Pete Rose treatment.

Apparently this goes beyond Cora and the Astros. There were evidence of such cheating dating back to this team from 2014 when they played the Mariners. 

Other teams including the Yankees were implicated. 

Looks like 00z Euro finally went full non event status for NW OR and SW WA.

Oh man....it looked closer to the coast and everything.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

I guess the forced break is over. But a forced break is actually good. Too many frickin posts. Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes. Jared is right... total addict. Not good.

Anyways... the main event with this system is probably tomorrow morning. ECMWF enhances the precip noticeably early tomorrow morning through noon. Ironically a SW wind kicks in for all of the region except the North Sound by mid morning behind this low which probably is why precip is enhanced at that time.

And then tomorrow night... that is suddenly big for Seattle northward.

Two big surprises in 24 hours... likely because the cold air push was much weaker than originally shown.

Someone mentioned 2012... it does feel like that but hopefully without the ice storm.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I guess the forced break is over. But a forced break is actually good. Too many frickin posts. Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes. Jared is right... total addict. Not good.

Anyways... the main event with this system is probably tomorrow morning. ECMWF enhances the precip noticeably early tomorrow morning through noon. Ironically a SW wind kicks in for all of the region except the North Sound by mid morning behind this low which probably is why precip is enhanced at that time.

Two big surprises in 24 hours... likely because the cold air push was much weaker than originally shown.

Someone mentioned 2012... it does feel like that but hopefully without the ice storm.

Man we can all get addicted. Glad to see you back as a contributor to this place. 

Oh . He's back. Hide your kids. 

#UnFreeTim. 

• Like 2