3 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

The "all or nothing" camp was quite vocal on here a couple days ago...

I think it will end up being fairly significant... definitely not nothing.   Depends on how you define "all" because it's certainly coming.

• Like 4
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

That southern Oregon low could end up being good for the WV snow-wise if precip reaches further north than expected...

• Like 4

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Just now, TT-SEA said:

I think it will end up being fairly significant... definitely not nothing.   Depends on how you define all because it's definitely coming.

Well, basically certain posters were saying they thought either something close to the crazy runs would verify - or it would collapse into a non event.

Still remains to be seen!

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I think it will end up being fairly significant... definitely not nothing.   Depends on how you define "all" because it's certainly coming.

I assume 'all' means regionwide snowstorm(s) and close to a week below freezing or something like that.

• Like 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Lovely 33 degree sunrise. Topped off all of my gas cans this morning just in case the camp “ALL” crowd wins out and we get a heavy dump of snow which knocks out the grid before going subzero temp wise! I will also need the fuel for all of the plowing I will be doing. 

IMG_1601.jpeg

• Like 5

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

11 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Well, basically certain posters were saying they thought either something close to the crazy runs would verify - or it would collapse into a non event.

It was always going to meet somewhere in the middle. lol, the crazy runs weren't going to verify, but we also weren't going to get shut out.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Lovely 33 degree sunrise. Topped off all of my gas cans this morning just in case the camp “ALL” crowd wins out and we get a heavy dump of snow which knocks out the grid before going subzero temp wise! I will also need the fuel for all of the plowing I will be doing. 

IMG_1601.jpeg

You definitely don't need the ALL to he happy in your area!

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

IMG_8289.png

IMG_8290.png

Only 15.6”…I was hoping for at least 15.8” 😞

• lol 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

IMG_1601.jpeg

Beautiful pic

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I absolutely thought this was the case but it seems obvious now that wasn’t best view

What an exciting week coming up! College football National Championship on Monday, a nice windy stormy day on Tuesday ((if that is still in the forecast) and then all eyes on Thursday for the kick off of strong El Niño cold and snowy madness! 

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • bongocat-test 4

3 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Looks like I get a little ❄️ tomorrow morning. Starting to show up in some short-term models, too.ecmwf-deterministic-vancouverski-total_snow_kuchera_cm-4736800.thumb.png.2f73d27eb64ed553734c897aa8d09e37.pnggfs-deterministic-vancouverski-total_snow_kuchera_cm-4747600.thumb.png.bc4f52d9042964fe7938eae1f9167fad.pngnam-nest-vancouverski-snow_24hr_kuchera_cm-4747600.thumb.png.52c625d8dfda6dd1e4fcf76b0c957f30.png

1st shade of grey!! 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

1 minute ago, Kolk1604 said:

So I found the guy that makes us look bad by passing around false information 

Joe Burrow! Well he is just sitting on the sidelines bored so he needed something to do. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

A week-long cold snap isn’t too shabby, particularly in a Niño winter.

Without a doubt! I was going to be over the moon happy with a Valentine’s Day weekend 2021 type event, quick but potent hitter…A week during a strong El Niño would be amazing! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

The Graph Cast finally came in.  Very cold.

Fri 12 Jan 2024 18 UTC (T+138)

1 hour ago, SpaceRace22 said:

So um, if this is true, then it's settled. If GraphCast stays on board today, then it's happening, period. We're locked. Screw what literally any other model says.

Screenshot_20240107-0715332.thumb.png.e95aa3b0f9a8900c1f37fd18b256b7be.png

https://www.pilotonline.com/2023/11/16/weather-forecasts-may-be-quicker-and-more-accurate-thanks-to-google-ai/#:~:text=In research published in Science,than the current gold standard.

The GraphCast also has temperature maps. The 00z run has -12C to -16C temps west of the Cascades next weekend. Some small areas -16C to -20C. Hoping the GraphCast verifies!

IMG_2542.thumb.png.1cdf904f5085f754f67827374d7cc0cd.png

IMG_2543.thumb.png.69a42ca8d93bdcd721167da5354c949e.png

• Like 4

FTR,  

All In = Historic

Nothing = rain and 34

in the middle = garden variety cold snap, not record breaking but significant.

now time to get me lazy a** up and do some winterization 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LowerGarfield said:

Did you make your own mix or does it work on kids bubble packs that you can get at parties?

I have heard that there's a banana trick too.

The kids bubble backs they sell at stores worked for me. I'm not really sure what temperature it needs to be for it to freeze quickly, we usually did it around 0-10 degrees, but for all I know it could work in warmer temps than that.

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!

Most likely outcome at this point, at least as far as temperatures for the PNW, appears to be something in the middle of Jan 1998 and Dec 1968.

If that happens, it will be a huge win for both a strong Nino winter and the month of January. Couldn't ask for much more.

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Snow depth is abour 2 inches now, 25.9 degrees and the sun is out! Some snow could fall today, but seems likely that nothing will make it past the cascades.

• Like 2

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!