February 2024 Weather in the PNW

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

5:40 AM PST Tuesday 27 February 2024

A wintry mix of precipitation is expected.

Where: Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.

When: Late this afternoon through Wednesday, potentially impacting the evening commute.

Remarks:

A weather system brings a wintry mix of precipitation to the Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley late this afternoon through Wednesday.

Snow levels will be hovering near sea level and precipitation will start as wet snow or rain mixed with snow late this afternoon. Snowfall accumulations are expected to vary greatly with elevation and proximity to the water. Precipitation rate will also determine how quickly it'll transition to snow and cool the ground.

With a warming southwesterly flow aloft, snow levels will rise overnight resulting in mixed precipitation changing to moderate to heavy rain overnight or early Wednesday. During this transition, there is also a risk of freezing rain over the Fraser Valley as warm air overrides the cold air at the surface.

Moderate to heavy precipitation will ease across the region late Wednesday with the passage of the system.

Warnings may be issued as the event draws closer and as confidence in the snowfall accumulation improve. Please continue to check the weather forecasts, and be prepared for changing weather conditions.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

• Like 3
It's called clown range for a reason.

Had a hair more last year at this time…But not too far off and the snow is picking up again. 

IMG_3056.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sick 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

7 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Whidbey Island stole @MossMan's snow!

And looking at the school reports it appears my old house did better as they are running 2hrs late. The only one up in my general area. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

9 hours ago, Deweydog said:

That thing is a BEAST.

I have a serious flashlight fetish. Inherited from dad and his dad. 

Omg we are new best friends! I do too, I have a imalant ms18

2 years ago it was the world's Brightest flashlight at 100k lumens.  Has a built in fan. I can't explain how bright it is, but it has more light than a 50 inch light bar on a truck. I would mail it to you to play with.

It was 600 bux 😆 

• Like 1
  • Excited 3

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Couple pics from son on his commute to Paine Field area.   He said it was interesting on I-5 in Seattle with so many snow covered cars heading southbound and no snow on the cars heading north.

Screenshot_20240227-075033_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20240227-075041_Snapchat.jpg

• Like 8
  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Couple pics from son on his commute to Paine Field area.   He said it was interesting on I-5 in Seattle with so many snow covered cars heading southbound and no snow on the cars heading north.

Screenshot_20240227-075033_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20240227-075041_Snapchat.jpg

How much you get at your house?

PWS: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWAPORTA220

2023-2024 Snow Total: 18" (6 events)

1 minute ago, Port Angeles Foothiller said:

How much you get at your house?

Last night?   Looks like less than an inch.    The main band came through right at sunset and coated everything again... there wasn't much more after that.    Schools are on time and operating normal out here today.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, iFred said:

Absolutely beautiful morning in Everett. Ended up with three inches on elevated surfaces and trees gloriously flocked like as if they were out of a 19th century painting. Dark sky to the north and a pink sky to the south.

Pics!!

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

4 minutes ago, iFred said:

Absolutely beautiful morning in Everett. Ended up with three inches on elevated surfaces and trees gloriously flocked like as if they were out of a 19th century painting. Dark sky to the north and a pink sky to the south.

And if you listen you could here rich Marriott crying in the background. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 3

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

That there would be a nightmare.  1 inch and 10 Miles away you have 70

Might be some serious elevation gain in there... not sure.  ;)

Ended up with a chilly 44/34 spread here yesterday. Mostly cloudy with showers and some late sunbreaks. A band of wet snow in the late morning dropped a slushy coating. Had some frost in the evening when it cleared out.

A low overcast and 36 this morning, hit 34 shortly after midnight.

• Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

I feel good about the upcoming potential. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

13 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Might be some serious elevation gain in there... not sure.  ;)

Haha this is how well i know you, when i posted that i thought Tim will say something like well 10 miles east of me there is 50 inches.  Not exactly the same but same idea.

• lol 1