March 2024 Weather in the PNW

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I feel sorry for the folks who feel like they can’t enjoy life unless temps are 15 degrees above average.

48 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

I feel sorry for those who feel like they can’t enjoy life unless it’s 45 degrees and drizzling.

I don't feel sorry for any of these people. Sound like creeps.

• Like 2
  • lol 2

A forum for the end of the world.

I feel sorry for the folks that waste so much of their day complaining about weather. EITHER MOVE AWAY OR STOP COMPLAINING, YOU CANNOT CONTROL WEATHER NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU CRY

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Weenie 1

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

Beautiful evening. Frogs already going wild. 

• Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

3 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I feel sorry for the folks that waste so much of their day complaining about weather. EITHER MOVE AWAY OR STOP COMPLAINING, YOU CANNOT CONTROL WEATHER NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU CRY

I think Jesse needs to take up a new obsession around what kind of foods people like.   He can spend all day thinking about how frustrating it is that someone actually likes a certain food or how infuriating it is that someone doesn't like a certain food.   That would be about as productive and stupid.  😀

• Troll 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

13 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

On 3/10/2024 at 11:50 PM, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

31 currently, this weather sucks. Either give us real mountain storms, cold sunny days, or warm sunny days, not this crap.

I wish the perfect climate actually existed...

On 3/11/2024 at 1:29 PM, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

Can't wait for the sun and warmth this weekend, this weather right now SUCKS. 40 degrees and cloudy back at my home station, 28 with light snow here at Mount Bachelor. Either give us sunny days, or snowstorms! 

On 3/11/2024 at 11:55 PM, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

This weather and DST sucks. 32 currently, 40/25 day with some wet snow. Give us actually snow events, or sunny days, days like this are pretty meh. Atleast it wasn't a bunch of light/moderate rain all day though, that really sucks.

Good night. (It should be 10:54 right now, but here we are.)

Hmmmm…. 🧐

• lol 5
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

12z EPS looks a lot like the GEFS. Nice distraction from the disaster outside today.

3 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Actually barely avoided the first 70 of the year here. Should hit it tomorrow though. 69/37 spread with blue skies and gusty east winds. Beautiful day.

Hmmmm.  🧐

• Excited 1
  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

13 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

It’s a real stunner out there Andrew. Don’t get any frog bites though.

67/36 today. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Beautiful evening. Frogs already going wild. 

That was a quick trip to WA.

54 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I think the forum is just a place to vent. We all understand we can’t control it. Sometimes it’s a bummer for one reason or another. Different for everyone. 

Found my first plum blooming. Way early. It is a young tree so hopefully it adjusts better for next season. 

• Like 2

PWS: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWAPORTA220

2023-2024 Snow Total: 18" (6 events)

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

It’ll be good to have warm anomalies. Finally got the kids’ passports last August. We crossed the border on a sunny Saturday in September and hiked around Baker area. All made possible by what makes some squirm. Warm anomalies = outdoor adventures with the kiddos = memories. One would think warm anomalies only means drought & forest fires. Looking forward to Deception Pass with them and some adventures at the Evergreen Speedway. 

IMG_3577.jpeg

Baker area is my favorite outside of the Olympics. Less people than the Rainer and cascades areas. 

PWS: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KWAPORTA220

2023-2024 Snow Total: 18" (6 events)

5 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

It’ll be good to have warm anomalies. Finally got the kids’ passports last August. We crossed the border on a sunny Saturday in September and hiked around Baker area. All made possible by what makes some squirm. Warm anomalies = outdoor adventures with the kiddos = memories. One would think warm anomalies only means drought & forest fires. Looking forward to Deception Pass with them and some adventures at the Evergreen Speedway. 

IMG_3577.jpeg

Awesome pic... your kids are at a great age.    I know everyone says it but it goes way too fast.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

IMG_3577.jpeg

Nice pic. Looks like Table Mountain up by Artists Point. I don’t really get the rest of the post though. You wouldn’t have done this trip if temps had been near normal?

• Popcorn 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Hmmmm.  🧐

WHAT  THE PHUQ IS WRONG WITH YOU?  

Be blessed everyone, until next time.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just wanted to make sure I get enough characters in to make a dumb asss point over and over again in one post instead of multiple, multiple posts.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

WHAT  THE PHUQ IS WRONG WITH YOU?  

Be blessed everyone, until next time.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just wanted to make sure I get enough characters in to make a dumb asss point over and over again in one post instead of multiple, multiple posts.

Because I pointed out the same contradiction?    

Real question is what is wrong with you?   If you are so bothered that you had to make this pointless post then I am happy.     😀👍

18 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

59/40 today…just shy of 60 this afternoon IMBY. 53 outside now…pretty mild evening for mid March will be about 10 degrees warmer tomorrow afternoon. 

You’re lucky. It always amazes me how much more slowly the Puget Sound area warms up during shoulder season events like this.

Yes, some mixing today. Nice fair weather breeze. Probably upper 30s tonight, the ridges will stay around 50 if they keep the wind. 

Just a short night away with my wife. First night together without the kids since my son was born 2 years ago. Washington isn’t very far from here. No further to Mt St Helen’s or Mt Adams than it is to Bend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Hmmmm…. 🧐

Hmmmmmm...... 🤔

I've made a few posts complaining this month, you've made 4 from today alone. 

3 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I feel sorry for the folks who feel like they can’t enjoy life unless temps are 15 degrees above average.

5 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

12z EPS looks a lot like the GEFS. Nice distraction from the disaster outside today.

IMG_1122.png

6 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Nasty sh*t. I guess a ridge just needs to glance at us sidelong for us to hit record highs these days.

7 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

D**n wind is gonna overachieve the temps again today. Hopefully we can cut the 70s off starting Tuesday.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

A ceiling tile fell in my English teacher one year on the Ides of March.

D*mn, how in the hell did it fall inside of them? 

7 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

You’re lucky. It always amazes me how much more slowly the Puget Sound area warms up during shoulder season events like this.

My location is a little cooler on days with a sea breeze than most places. Were just exposed to north wind which rides over the chilly Puget sound, most places were in the low to mid 60s In western Washington today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

My location is a little cooler on days with a sea breeze than most places. Were just exposed to north wind which rides over the chilly Puget sound, most places were in the low to mid 60s In western Washington today. 

That makes sense. But even SEA was almost ten degrees cooler than PDX today. And yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

Hmmmmmm...... 🤔

I've made a few posts complaining this month, you've made 4 from today alone. 

What the PHUQ is wrong with you??   How dare we push back on the biggest whiner here who also happens to be constantly poking people.    

• lol 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

That makes sense. But even SEA was almost ten degrees cooler than PDX today. And yesterday.

Seems like we’re almost always 5-10 degrees cooler up this way. I have noticed what you’re talking about during warm season heatwaves though. Sometimes the real heat starts a day earlier for you guys. I remember a heatwave a couple years ago can’t remember exactly…was sometime late spring or early summer. I remember OR was in the mid/upper 90s the first day…but Puget sound was in the low/mid 80s. Then the second day our temperatures were much closer to down south. Of course that’s not always the case everytime. 

• Like 2

18z had some chilly weather. 

• Like 2
  • Snow 1