2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I was saying it just didn't look good.... I was very close to slamming the door shut I mean, maybe left it open an inch? Let's get some snow this time though!

Yeah, I honestly am going to be a little pissed if we get this cold and have no snow or just a snow to rain transition, as both options suck!

• Like 1

Guest Winterdog

The Euro shows the possibility of precipitation Monday into Tuesday with temps low enough for snow in western Oregon all the way up to the Everett area. It would be nice to have some white grass at least going into this.

Your initial Opening Ceremony Olympic forecast for February 7th: Sochi +7C Vancouver: -7C

LOL.

A little ironic, don't you think...

• Like 1

50 Shades of Van: A weather blog dedicated to providing the public with easily accessible and downright interesting weather
information for Vancouver, BC and the Pacific Northwest

Latest Post: http://50shadesofvan.com/blog/2014/10/23/chaos-in-the-pacific-storm-parade-route-unknown

Valdez update: the river has drained from the road and crews are starting to clear out the ice that it left. The crews are giving the avalanche debris caution as there might be water still damed in it.

2 people were arrested for trying to walk the avalanche path, apparently they were trying to get their sick cat to the clinic.

"There are so many waves coming in all the time, you don't have to worry about that. Take your time—wave come. Let the other guys go; catch another one." -Duke Kahanamoku

What happened?

Not much... we are just smoking cigarettes and eating pizza because the models are FRICKEN AWESOME! for cold>>>>> Dude where ya been!? ;) --- Honestly, they are cold but snowless for the puget sound. The Potential is still out there for a few flakes though.  

OR are we smoking pizza and eating cigarettes?Crap!---  I always get those two confused.  :huh:   

Not much... we are just smoking cigarettes and eating pizza because the models are FRICKEN AWESOME! for cold>>>>> Dude where ya been!? ;) --- Honestly, they are cold but snowless for the puget sound. The Potential is still out there for a few flakes though.

I know, I am up to speed. But trust me it's hard working on cars all day and checking on the weather also. Lol i'm probably the only automotive technician around that's a weather nut. :lol:

• Like 2

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Guest Winterdog

At this point the trend has been for undercutting from the SW around February 8-9, which would present a classic overrunning snow opportunity that has been missing from the past couple of arctic airmasses.

I'm not giving up hope for at least a minor accumulation Tuesday before the colder air moves in.
  • Like 1

At this point the trend has been for undercutting from the SW around February 8-9, which would present a classic overrunning snow opportunity that has been missing from the past couple of arctic airmasses.

I think we're seeing/will see a mitigation/delay of any undercut activity.  If we've learned anything this cold season, it's that the westerlies are having trouble getting their s**t in one bag.  Just the fact this pattern is looking as if it's going to phase into a decent block speaks volumes.  Even the models showing the undercut are more just a downstream reaction of the intense energy dumping westward from SE Alaska and bombing over the GOA a week or so from now.  That whole evolution seems too fast and furious to me.  RIP Paul Walker.

At this point, I'm wondering if we may have to wait for wavelengths to start to change in a few weeks.  

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I think we're seeing/will see a mitigation/delay of any undercut activity.  If we've learned anything this cold season, it's that the westerlies are having trouble getting their s**t in one bag.  Just the fact this pattern is looking as if it's going to phase into a decent block speaks volumes.  Even the models showing the undercut are more just a downstream reaction of the intense energy dumping westward from SE Alaska and bombing over the GOA a week or so from now.  That whole evolution seems too fast and furious to me.  RIP Paul Walker.

At this point, I'm wondering if we may have to wait for wavelengths to start to change in a few weeks.  

I'd still tend to err on the side of climo, which would say the westerlies will be a factor on the backside of this. Obviously hasn't been the case recently, but at this point I like our chances for something relative to December. IIRC there never was much of a signal for significant undercutting with that block. 

The evolution of this is looking kind of similar to Februaries 1993 and 2006, though. 

I'd still tend to err on the side of climo, which would say the westerlies will be a factor on the backside of this. Obviously hasn't been the case recently, but at this point I like our chances for something relative to December. IIRC there never was much of a signal for significant undercutting with that block. 

The evolution of this is looking kind of similar to Februaries 1993 and 2006, though. 

Maybe... But to steal one from Jim's playbook, climo is out the window this year!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.