PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Well... that post was good news for the South Sound folks and looking at that loop also good news for your area and for the Portland area.   So yeah... we still check the new runs when they come out while events are happening.    👍

Hoping we can manage an inch. Already seeing some snow so I think it's possible

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I have seen talk about Olympia being hit hard... but the ECMWF and the new 00Z GFS don't show any snow in Olympia at al tonight.   And based on the radar... it seems like that area will be missed.    

Umm, the feature that will rotate up into Olympia isn't even at the coast yet.

• Thanks 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Looking pretty promising here.  Very wet snow and starting to see some slush on the ground.  This C-Zone looks like it will be going on for a while.

• Like 4
  • scream 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

It was a general request, you have been very quick with pulling the "actually" and "technically" card a lot lately, I am not starting anything but you do have a way of poo pooing things for people, and quite a bit lately.

Did I mention you or reply to you?   Seems like you are starting something.   Best to just drop it.    

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Did I mention you or reply to you?   Seems like you are starting something.   Best to just drop it.    

Ya, you did reply to my reply, so yes you did reply.  You could have just as easily taken the feedback and left it alone.  Have a good night.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Umm, the feature that will rotate up into Olympia isn't even at the coast yet.

Might clip Olympia per the ECMWF... GFS keeps that entire system farther south but best bet is ending up farther north with the deformation zone.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

18 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

00Z GFS precip loop shows that northern c-zone is about done as the energy transfers to the southern c-zone and specifically south King County and Pierce County for the next couple of hours.

gfs-deterministic-washington-precip_1hr_inch-1676332800-1676336400-1676394000-20.gif

Thanks for the update. It does look like the clouds are lowering here.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Looking pretty promising here.  Very wet snow and starting to see some slush on the ground.  This C-Zone looks like it will be going on for a while.

The southern c-zone is just getting wider... really impressive on radar.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Still have a SW wind?   SEA dropped 5 degrees when the SW wind switched to ENE.

Must have. Switched instantly and moderate snow. I just have high expectations now because of earlier this year lol

Edited by SouthHillFrosty
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

That is one of the strongest looking c zones I've ever seen

It also amazing how fast the northern c-zone fell apart... almost like the southern c-zone absorbed it.  😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Must have. Switched instantly and moderate snow. I just have high expectations now because of earlier this year lol

Nice... that was fast!  

• Like 1