February 2019 Weather Observations and Discussion Part 2

snow_wizard

Been a long time since we had a low track from this angle and hit the sweet spot for the sound. Long time.

I know that all too well.  That scenario is when my area does exceedingly well.  I guess I can't complain.  I've done well enough this month and have yet to see the ultimate pattern for this micro climate.  The snowstorm a couple of weeks ago was another scenario we do well here.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

About as acrimonious a north/south divide over the path of a low as I’ve ever seen here. Except for some northern saints like SnowWizard and Snowmizer who are being pretty cool about the whole thing. And the new guy from Tacoma.

Definitely nice to see the 00z GFS trend south, though. Any sort of trend like that at this juncture is pretty important to see if Portland hopes to get anything.

Even though I dont know anyone on here beyond the forum i consider all you my friends and i like to see all my friends happy. It sucks dog shitt to miss out.
  • Like 3

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

WHERE DID TIM GO?!?!??

Dude... I am here!  

I will gladly call myself out if the models still show it going south by tomorrow night.   I hope that is the case.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

As much as I want to get buried again I’ve definitely had my fair share of snow this month. Wouldn’t mind seeing Portland get buried to make this month regionally big and not just for Seattle!!

• Like 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

Dude... I am here!

I will gladly call myself out if the models still show it going south by tomorrow night. I hope that is the case.

No one would have to be calling you out, including yourself, if you would refrain from making sweeping, definitive statements and ignoring all evidence to the contrary. It’s funny because you hate Trump for employing the same sort of hubris. Even if you do ultimately end up being right it will be for the wrong reasons.

• Like 5

Good lord what a complicated the middle of next week.  A million possible outcomes.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Cmc is further north.

??

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

I thought I saw Kayla posting it and it was further south.

Yeah it's South. Portland is on the North edge of the precip field.

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

00z GEM, GFS, NAM, FV3 all in some pretty good agreement of a landfall near Coos Bay or just south of it. The GEM and NAM trended north but they were previously way south, the GFS and FV3 moved a good bit south but they were pretty far north before. Hopefully the beginning of some kind of consensus here but I'm sure there will be many more twists and turns. 

ICON is on its own for now, the 00z EURO sure is gonna be interesting...

Kind of noteworthy the GFS and FV3 both drop thicknesses to 516 or lower over SEA at one point.  Guaranteed much below normal temps with that.  It looks to me like most of WA is going to be flooding with cold continental air.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Yuck.  I hate ice storms...mainly because I have big trees around my house.  We had some ice with the event that brought the epic snow to North Bend, and it made the usual mess.  It is pretty interesting that I've had rain, snow, graupel, freezing rain, and sleet this month.  Nicely rounded for sure!

1/20/12 (?) was the only real ice storm I've seen in SEA. It was interesting to experience but not worth the ~16 hour power outage.

00z GEM, GFS, NAM, FV3 all in some pretty good agreement of a landfall near Coos Bay or just south of it. The GEM and NAM trended north but they were previously way south, the GFS and FV3 moved a good bit south but they were pretty far north before. Hopefully the beginning of some kind of consensus here but I'm sure there will be many more twists and turns.

ICON is on its own for now, the 00z EURO sure is gonna be interesting...

Hopefully those EU models don’t turn their back on us.

• Like 1