1 minute ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

The Tuesday night system for NW oregon gives me a little warmer 1/10/17 vibe. Also falls on the 7 year anniversary of that event.

image.thumb.png.1b4528f38cfd52ae622bad48510b25d6.png

Dynamic little guy, but it lacks the continental cold air advection. Still should be very low snow levels with that.

• Like 4
  • Snow 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Full EPS... this is the first run to show arctic air solidly making it to the west side.   Looks like most of the straggler warm members have been eliminated now.   Makes sense at this range.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_stream-1704628800-1704628800-1705924800-10.html.gif

• Like 7

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

The entire stretched out arc is quite a bit east compared to 00Z run one week from today.

It’s more that the TPV doesn’t stall out over the region like some prior runs suggested.

Which makes sense, since there’s nothing to support a stall anyway. It’ll move in, but probably won’t hang around long.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Sick 1
  • Troll 1

Swapped out the circuit board to the anemometer solar panel today. Hope this works because otherwise I’ll need to replace the entire panel and thread new wire myself. 🤮 

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

3 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Dynamic little guy, but it lacks the continental cold air advection. Still should be very low snow levels with that.

Yeah it’s a bummer it couldn’t be a notch colder. Pretty heavy precip, might be able to pull it down to the surface regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil said:

Swapped out the circuit board to the anemometer solar panel today. Hope this works because otherwise I’ll need to replace the entire panel and thread new wire myself. 🤮 

One of my MIL’s porch lights went out a few weeks ago. Changed the light bulb that day and seems to be working fine since. Not sure how the cold weather will affect it.

• Like 2
  • lol 1
  • scream 1
  • bongocat-test 1

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

What app is that

The generic one that is pre loaded on all IPhones. 

IMG_1626.jpeg

• Sick 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, Mid Valley Duck said:

Yeah it’s a bummer it couldn’t be a notch colder. Pretty heavy precip, might be able to pull it down to the surface regardless.

Things could take a run at going isothermal for someone but it’s not quite a typical anafront style setup. 

• Like 1
  • Rain 1

17 minutes ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

The Tuesday night system for NW oregon gives me a little warmer 1/10/17 vibe. Also falls on the 7 year anniversary of that event.

it'll track north

• Like 3
  • Excited 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Angry 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Shivering 1

--------------------

Sean Nyberg

IG: @SeanNyberg

X:   @SeanNyberg

Facebook: Sean Nyberg

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s more that the TPV doesn’t stall out over the region like some prior runs suggested.

Which makes sense, since there’s nothing to support a stall anyway. It’ll move in, but probably won’t hang around long.

This feels like one of those things you say that's based in common sense, but mother nature overhears you and does the opposite thing out of spite because she can.

• Like 6
  • Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

21 minutes ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

January ‘17 was definitely a benchmark in terms of length and snow depth for my neck of the woods - would take a redux in a heartbeat 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

Portland | Raleigh Hills/West Sylvan | 350’

”All models are wrong, some are useful.”

-G. Box

35 minutes ago, OysterPrintout said:

Bout half that snow in PDX comes from a Tue/Wed system that is big time marginal looking. South wind and temps 34-35 not inspiring a ton of confidence but still some hopes to trend this a little better in the home stretch

Actually in my area, it most likely be a East wind which would cool the atmosphere down to support snow. 

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I see Snyder is adding the cmc and icon to his you tube now. Yesterday he didn't mention them and was leaning towards the gfs .

he checked in here first

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, the_convergence_zone said:

Snowy Mailbox Peak this morning. Snow was down to about 1800 ft. It was lightly snowing up there but overall pleasant. 

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

Love that hike….I need to do it in the snow now.   Rock field probably a lot of fun to cross?!? 

19 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

One of my MIL’s porch lights went out a few weeks ago. Changed the light bulb that day and seems to be working fine since. Not sure how the cold weather will affect it.

Haha. One of these days I’m gonna fall and bust my ass trying to get this thing working. :lol: 

IMG_9364.jpeg

• Windy 1
  • scream 4

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Haha. One of these days I’m gonna fall and bust my ass trying to get this thing working. :lol: 

IMG_9364.jpeg

That is such an obnoxious fish eye lens 😂

• Like 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

Clouding up and the temp is dropping…Arctic front must be early. 

• Like 4
  • scream 1
  • bongocat-test 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, Phil said:

What is that?

Field of view is 10x wider than normal human vision, makes the drop look like 100ft. Which ironically is pretty close to how it feels IRL to stand up there. You get that effect with the fish eye lens but not with a flat image.

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

4 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Field of view is 10x wider than normal human vision, makes the drop look like 100ft. Which ironically is pretty close to how it feels IRL to stand up there. You get that effect with the fish eye lens but not with a flat image.

Oh lol no I didn’t manipulate it, I just used my phone camera on default. Maybe ~ 60ft up?

Actually I’m still up here finishing the job. First time I’ve posted on the forums from up here though. 😆

Here’s another. At least I’m off the chimney now.

IMG_9352.jpeg

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • scream 1

23 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

12z EURO output for PDX. Offshore flow arrives Friday morning. Then into the freezer. 

IMG_2563.thumb.jpeg.2ab799fe16f6363714f6f11f21919252.jpeg

Probably a best case scenario shown here for the Tuesday night system. Offshore flow with the low swinging by south with good precip rates to maybe have a shot at going isothermal. Obviously pretty dependent on how that low ends up tracking too. 

Too bad we don't have a cold Columbia basin already going into this. A budget 1/10/17 repeat would be pretty fun. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Lots of people want to see pepto maps going into the cold.    And hypothetical talk of more snow will not satisfy them.   Its just the way it is... no sense in worrying about trying to get everyone on the same page.   Its literally herding cats.  😀

I myself don't require huge amounts of snow, but I do love to watch it fall in the daytime.  What I don't like is dry cold without snow.  At least give me enough  so it can last a couple or three days in the dry cold without complete sublimation.  Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly take a foot of snow.  I just don't appreciate cold that much without some snow on the ground

• Like 2
  • Snow 1

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh lol no I didn’t manipulate it, just used my phone camera. Maybe ~ 60ft up or so?

Actually I’m still up here finishing the job. First time I’ve posted on the forums from up here though. 😆

Here’s another. At least I’m off the chimney now.

IMG_9352.jpeg

Tough to tell from a pic but I highly doubt its 60 ft. Top of those trees are probably ~45 ft

• Like 2

01/11/24 CZ: 400' in south Lynnwood