PNW February 2022 - Winters Last Stand

The Blob

8 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I bet that 75 degrees felt amazing! 

Not at this time of year. 🤮

Had to turn on the AC. It’ll be running 24/7 soon enough. No desire to see this crap start early. 

• Like 1
  • scream 1

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not at this time of year. 🤮

Had to turn on the AC. It’ll be running 24/7 soon enough. No desire to see this crap start early. 

You had to turn on the AC for a brief warm spell during the winter?      I looked it up...it was over 70 degrees for about 3 or 4 hours and the dewpoint at the time was in the 40s.   Would you be cranking the AC in July on a day with a high of 75 and a dewpoint of 42?     😃

• Popcorn 1
  • scream 1
  • Troll 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

7 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

21* and frosty 

Birds are singing though 

Birds have been singing here all week too despite the cold weather and snow on the ground.    That is one noticeable difference between December events and February events.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

The inevitable northward shift is happening. 6z GFS, ICON, and Euro all show it. The Euro’s is subtle, but the trend is very apparent. 

The 00Z EPS actually showed wetter than normal for western WA and OR over the next 15 days...

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-qpf_anom_15day-7043200.png

11 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Hit 19 for a low this morning, good for the coldest morning of the snap.

27.1 here...this is what I was saying yesterday. My lows have been pathetic compared to other places around here!

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

9 minutes ago, T-Town said:

28 and frosty on my morning walk. Our dusting of snow is hanging on in shaded areas. 

Snow should hang on until the DP finally goes above freezing at some point late today into tomorrow. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

You had to turn on the AC for a brief warm spell during the winter?      I looked it up...it was over 70 degrees for about 3 or 4 hours and the dewpoint at the time was in the 40s.   Would you be cranking the AC in July on a day with a high of 75 and a dewpoint of 42?     😃

Solar heating, dude. Indoor temp was like 80. I know that’s not warm enough for you but it is for me.

By July I’ve acclimated somewhat.

• Like 2
  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • scream 1
  • Troll 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

The 00Z EPS actually showed wetter than normal for western WA and OR over the next 15 days...

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-qpf_anom_15day-7043200.png

Technically only for week-1.

Week-2 is drier than average once again.

58BBDC02-35D4-4831-B61B-392CF6B6E446.thumb.png.2da802a39cab7a101fae4681e82f4b53.png

• lol 1
  • Sun 1
  • Snow 1
  • Troll 1

February is going to end with a wet bang... going to make the rain stats for the month look much more reasonable.

Rainfall from Saturday evening through Monday evening per the 12Z ECMWF... right to the end of the month.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-precip_48hr_inch-6114400.png

• Like 4
  • Rain 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

OG youtube 

I was today years old when I discovered that Todd Packer's license plate  wasn't just a William Hung reference. It's a penis joke. : r/DunderMifflin

• lol 1

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

22.5°F overnight here. This event has definitely been favouring the Willamette Valley with the coldest minima. Well, not so much looking at the reports. Still a few degrees colder up this way. Just a lot less of a N-S gradient (almost none, actually) than last December.

It's called clown range for a reason.

12 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

And yet Tuesday, the day we pack everything into the trailer, is shown to be mostly dry. Very wet before and after but not that day. Score!

Nice!

Dry air and sunshine makes for quite the disparity in scenes around here after a snow event.   Spring on one side of the road and dead of winter on the other.  😀

20220225_111239.jpg

• Like 9
  • scream 1

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Dry air and sunshine makes for quite the disparity in scenes around here after a snow event.   Spring on one side of the road and dead of winter on the other.  😀

20220225_111239.jpg

There's something really fun about this. Looks beautiful.

• Like 1

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL