March 3th-7th Bowling Ball

Tom

God I'd love to be in Fremont. They're gonna get at least 4" from this.

Good call by OAX expanding the advisory to here. Blizzard conditions and radar reflectivities are light. Wondering what Fremont is seeing.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I got 0.8" of 4 to 1 ratio cement, yesterday.  Overnight and this morning, I got 0.7" of 35 to 1 fluff.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Cedar Rapids is where the accumulating snow line ends in Iowa.  I have just spotty dustings of snow in North Liberty.  Looks like central Iowa is having quite a fun morning though.  That stuff is just spinning away over there, with some pretty heavy snow showers.  

Cedar Rapids is where the accumulating snow line ends in Iowa.  I have just spotty dustings of snow in North Liberty.  Looks like central Iowa is having quite a fun morning though.  That stuff is just spinning away over there, with some pretty heavy snow showers.  

Almost looks like the center of a hurricane spinning right over DSM...#Awesomeness

• Like 1

snowed hard here for about 5 minutes and now it's back to much lighter snow. maybe have 1-1.5" on the ground. Roads were pretty much fine everywhere when I drove into work as they had been treated and were mainly wet. Some of the side roads were a little rough, but nothing we haven't seen the 7 other times this winter we've had a 1-2" snowfall. Winds have also been nowhere near as strong as forecasted. I'd say here in town we have had gusts to 30 mph when gusts to 50-55 were in the forecast.

snowed hard here for about 5 minutes and now it's back to much lighter snow. maybe have 1-1.5" on the ground. Roads were pretty much fine everywhere when I drove into work as they had been treated and were mainly wet. Some of the side roads were a little rough, but nothing we haven't seen the 7 other times this winter we've had a 1-2" snowfall. Winds have also been nowhere near as strong as forecasted. I'd say here in town we have had gusts to 30 mph when gusts to 50-55 were in the forecast.

Congrats.  A little jealous but unless it is something big, I just want Spring to stick around.  I had enough of those minor events to last for several winters.  

• Like 1

Could be much worse people, you could be under one of these.......

Dust Storm Warning issued March 6 at 11:05AM MST expiring March 6
at 5:00PM MST by NWS Goodland KS...

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
EVENING...

The National Weather Service in Goodland has issued a Dust Storm
Warning, which is in effect until 6 PM CST this evening.

* Visibilities...Less than one quarter mile.

* Impacts...Extremely dangerous travel conditions along Interstate
70 from Brewster to WaKeeney, Highway 83 from Oakley north to
Oberlin, and Highway 283 from WaKeeney north to Oberlin

* Peak Winds...Northwest at 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.

* Timing/Duration...Through sunset.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Dust Storm Warning means visibility will be reduced below one
quarter mile in blowing dust. Travelers are urged to use extreme
caution and be alert to rapidly changing visibility...especially
near open fields. Persons with respiratory problems should stay
indoors until the storm passes.

Could be much worse people, you could be under one of these.......

Dust Storm Warning issued March 6 at 11:05AM MST expiring March 6

at 5:00PM MST by NWS Goodland KS...

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS

EVENING...

The National Weather Service in Goodland has issued a Dust Storm

Warning, which is in effect until 6 PM CST this evening.

* Visibilities...Less than one quarter mile.

* Impacts...Extremely dangerous travel conditions along Interstate

70 from Brewster to WaKeeney, Highway 83 from Oakley north to

Oberlin, and Highway 283 from WaKeeney north to Oberlin

* Peak Winds...Northwest at 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.

* Timing/Duration...Through sunset.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Dust Storm Warning means visibility will be reduced below one

quarter mile in blowing dust. Travelers are urged to use extreme

caution and be alert to rapidly changing visibility...especially

near open fields. Persons with respiratory problems should stay

indoors until the storm passes.

I'd love a dust storm warning! My weather radio hasn't gone off since our last severe thunderstorm warning in early October. 

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

It's been coming down pretty good again for a while, but I'm not seeing much additional accumulation at all. Roads are still just wet and even the cars aren't accumulating anything on them. Marginal temps and stronger sun. I suppose the grass is getting some additional accumulations, but still doesn't look like much more than maybe 2" total as I can still see the grass through the snow.

It stuck a lot better on the ski hill, the spots between runs were bare, and you could see how it would accumulate on the runs but not on the ground. But, that wind was brutal, at one point is was blowing existing snow off the hill when there wasn't any trees or obstructions to the wind.

I have no idea how much it's snowed here as I forgot to measure this morning. I had an inch yesterday plus whatever fell overnight(seems like 0.75 to 1.25") but I didn't measure so I don't know. Plus whatever has fallen today(about 0.5, will measure this evening to be sure).

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

Ya nailed.  

"Snow wont accumulate well during the middle of the day in march."

The temps were a little colder than I thought

Pre storm they really weren't. We jumped to 36 before the storm hit and rapidly dropped to 30 as the snow hit.  The writing was on the wall for that to happen.  

I have no idea how much it's snowed here as I forgot to measure this morning. I had an inch yesterday plus whatever fell overnight(seems like 0.75 to 1.25") but I didn't measure so I don't know. Plus whatever has fallen today(about 0.5, will measure this evening to be sure).

0.7" fell here overnight.  There was an ok band of snow a few hours ago, but it wasn't heavy enough to counteract the strong sun radiating through the clouds.  Everything is melting this afternoon.  Grass is showing again.  My total for the entire event is 1.5".

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

It is hard to get it perfect as there is quite a bit of acreage involved.

Without a doubt.

I would say he was going to warm for good snow over the entire acreage.   

I do enjoy his banter however.

I tend to send it his way as well when he scores the coup.  Hasn't happened this season..