December 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Timmy Supercell

It’s just awful.

I don’t know about the “outrage” although I would imagine it’s something about body shaming gifts or whatever...

The commercial’s narration made no logical sense whatsoever. Typical over-forced crap like the stuff you see during Super Bowl games.

But if you’re “offended” by it then you probably belong in a psych ward. And if you’re offended by that, you can crawl in a hole and die. The world would be a happier place without you anyway. :)

• Like 1

The commercial’s narration made no logical sense whatsoever. Typical over-forced crap like the stuff you see during Super Bowl games.

But if you’re “offended” by it then you probably belong in a psych ward. And if you’re offended by that, you can crawl in a hole and die. The world would be a happier place without you anyway. :)

We agree, nothing offensive about it, it's just a dumba** commercial.

• Like 2

Maybe a consolidated Niña-like jet coming up?

Unfortunately looks too warm to get lots of mountain snow.

That’d be a big, fat nope.

Let's get the jet first and then worry about the rest. I'm not seeing anything that looks like a consolidated Nina like jet in the believable range.

Lol @ silly people rooting for zonal flow. There’s nothing remotely exciting about that.

Gonna be a looong winter if you’re hanging your hat on that s**t.

• Like 1

Guest CulverJosh

Lol @ silly people rooting for zonal flow. There’s nothing remotely exciting about that.

You act like zonal flow affects you as much it does us. Is there no one to talk to over there? You really don’t know our weather and what zonal flow does for our eco-system. Maryland troll IMO.

You know nothing about the importance of a mountain range snowpack. You jack off over a mountain in NH that has no bearing on whether or not you can make a burn-pile and/or use your sprinkler this spring/summer. Go pound sand already!!!

• Like 2

I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments earlier. My wife and I had a discussion about the Peleton ad. She said she thought it was fine. Had no issues with it. Yes, she is a bigger lady. She was when I met her, I am very attracted to her, if I came off insulting or disrespecting her I didn't mean it. 

• Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments earlier. My wife and I had a discussion about the Peleton ad. She said she thought it was fine. Had no issues with it. Yes, she is a bigger lady. She was when I met her, I am very attracted to her, if I came off insulting or disrespecting her I didn't mean it.

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

• Like 2

THIS.

And the half-washed splitting fronts and half-farted blocks continue to treat us well out here so far.  If that doesn't tickle your excitement places then this is going to be a looong winter. Sorry nerds.

• Like 4

Zonal flow is the best. Yay warm drizzle. Boo Arctic air.

Screw continental fronts and low wetbulb temps. That stuff is so last century.

Zonal flow is the best. Yay warm drizzle.

Boo Arctic air. Screw continental fronts and low wetbulb temps. That stuff is so last century.

Drinking tonight?

A consolidated northern jet brings storms, needed mountain snowpack and can even coincide with periods of halfway decent winter weather. Although of course I already know you know all of this. 

• Like 4

We can get stormy weather in zonal flow. Storms are fun.

Same goes for meridional flow/Arctic fronts/tight T-grads.

Doesn’t mean it’ll happen. But I’d much rather take my chances with the latter if the former guarantees snowless marine air all winter.

Zonal flow is the best. Yay warm drizzle. Boo Arctic air.

Screw continental fronts and low wetbulb temps. That stuff is so last century.

Zonal flow is 10x better than the splitty garbage we've had up to now, watching winter happen in California while eating ants here.

Just about every skier I know is pissed at this lack of precip. 

• Like 2

Drinking tonight?

A consolidated northern jet brings storms, needed mountain snowpack and can even coincide with periods of halfway decent winter weather. Although of course I already know you know all of this. 

But it can wreak havoc on the ski areas in Western MD and WV. 

Snowshoe's normal artificial snow machines will burn out twice as fast in those January 2006 style patterns.

• Like 1

Zonal flow is 10x better than the splitty garbage we've had up to now, watching winter happen in California while eating ants here.

Just about every skier I know is pissed at this lack of precip.

I’d hate split flow with a passion if I lived there. Not saying that’s better by itself. But it’s also the best loading pattern for Arctic cold in +ENSO should a -EAMT/AAM loss come about at the right time.

It’s what I’m counting on to precede a flip to colder weather out there in January this winter.

But it can wreak havoc on the ski areas in Western MD and WV.

Snowshoe's normal artificial snow machines will burn out twice as fast in those January 2006 style patterns.

FWIW, we got more snow than you that winter, so...

Strong jets can be beneficial here. Certainly much better than no jet..recipe for Miller-B screwage.

It's funny how people choose to interpret things. Or sometimes I guess they just respond how they've been conditioned.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

You get more snow than the PNW lowlands in many winters. Not saying a whole lot.

We had 4+ weeks of unbroken snow/ice cover on the back half of that winter. That’s legit for here..has only happened twice since (2009/10 and 2013/14).

If you want an example of a bad winter with a strong jet here, try 1997/98 or 1991/92. Both niños that had everything go wrong downstream. But usually a jet is beneficial.