September 2023 Weather in the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

Has anyone seen one of these yet on here? My friend is pretty sure he did but didn't remember to take pic and didn't focus much on it but somewhat remembers black front, rusty rest of body so maybe a Cool/Active at first, then mild and calmer rest of winter

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Confused 2

Eastside Tacoma/Salishan, WA. Elv 263ft

Family home in Spanaway, WA. Elv 413ft

ā˜„š“‚€āœ”ļø

58F and smoky.

• Sad 1
  • Sick 3

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (JanĀ 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (JanĀ 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24Ā (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4Ā (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25ā€
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024Ā (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Ā 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Ended up with a 79/59 day on Wednesday. Morning clouds and afternoon sun. Wall to wall sun and 89/53 day yesterday. Fell to a cool 54 this morning, 62 currently. At least this has been a more traditional September warm spell with the nice overnight recoveries. Even PDX fell from 90 yesterday into the 50s this morning.

• Like 1

Summer ā˜€ļø grows while WinterĀ ā„ļø Ā goes

22 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Save it for DecemberĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_7565.png

Don't worry... the next run will be completely different.Ā  Ā  The 12Z run was already much different than its 00Z run even at 120 hours.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 hours ago, ChristheElohim said:

Has anyone seen one of these yet on here? My friend is pretty sure he did but didn't remember to take pic and didn't focus much on it but somewhat remembers black front, rusty rest of body so maybe a Cool/Active at first, then mild and calmer rest of winter

This might be the POTY! Or it might not! I have no idea!Ā 

• lol 1
  • Confused 1

My preferences can beat up your preferencesā€™ dad.

50 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Teleconnection season is RAPIDLY approaching!

Looks like the GFS PNA has things all figured out!Ā 

IMG_8698.jpeg

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Snow 1
  • scream 1

Elevation 580ā€™ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!Ā 

Given the range of solutions we have seen in the operational runs with ULLs all over the place... the ensembles will probably look quite flat.Ā  Ā The reality could be much more divergent than usual depending actual placement of the ULLs.Ā  Ā  Could end up cold and wet or even hot at times.

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

48 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Given the range of solutions we have seen in the operational runs with ULLs all over the place... the ensembles will probably look quite flat.Ā  Ā The reality could be much more divergent than usual depending actual placement of the ULLs.Ā  Ā  Could end up cold and wet or even hot at times.

i'm going with warm with a side of dry

• Like 3
  • Snow 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Shivering 1

And tack on another one. 92F out there.

Tyson Campbell 90F burger #32.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sun 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (JanĀ 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (JanĀ 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24Ā (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4Ā (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25ā€
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024Ā (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Ā 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 hour ago, MossMan said:

I have to say I do remember the day when mid September felt like mid Septemberā€¦It has not felt that way today!Ā 

We said that 80s were supposed to be done starting on 8/28.Ā  Ā Almost 3 weeks later and here we are.

September 2011 had 9 days in the 80s at SEA... today is only the 4th this month and will probably be done after tomorrow.

Even though skies have been sunny and blue. There are still some wildfires burning in the Pacific Northwest. A pretty decent sized one burning in the central Oregon Cascades. A few small ones on the Olympic peninsula and then some more small ones in the North Cascades.

IMG_5456.jpeg

• Sad 1

2024 Warm Season Stats

Number of 80+ days - 2

Number of 85+ days - 2 (Warmest so far - 86)

Number of 90+ days - 0

Number of 95+ days - 0

Number of 60+ lows - 0

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

Even though skies have been sunny and blue. There are still some wildfires burning in the Pacific Northwest. A pretty decent sized one burning in the central Oregon Cascades. A few small ones on the Olympic peninsula and then some more small ones in the North Cascades.

IMG_5456.jpeg

Yeah. Canā€™t wait until this gross weather ends.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

Summer ā˜€ļø grows while WinterĀ ā„ļø Ā goes

SEA is running almost perfectly normal for the first half of September.Ā  Ā This month has been pretty much climo so far in terms of temps.Ā  Ā The were some complaints yesterday when someone described a climo low temp map as "gross".Ā  Ā  Double standard.

Ā 

• Troll 2

Monday and Tuesday look quite nice... lots of sun and temps only in the upper 60s to low 70s.Ā  Ā Then maybe some rain for the Puget Sound area on Tuesday night.

Sunday looks to be the start of serious relief here. Monday will be a cloudy, nearly sunless day. Also, that trough on the long range 18z GFS is the coldest it's modeled yet this 'Fall' season.

• Like 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining:Ā 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21:Ā 13"

-2021-22:Ā 8.75"

-2022-23:Ā 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall:Ā 0.25ā€; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm):Ā 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth:Ā 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest:Ā 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

17 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Sunday looks to be the start of serious relief here. Monday will be a cloudy, nearly sunless day. Also, that trough on the long range 18z GFS is the coldest it's modeled yet this 'Fall' season.

Not to nitpick... but the ECMWF shows decent sun on Monday with just some high clouds after a weak c-zone fades in the morning.Ā  Ā But the ECMWF could be wrong.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-clouds_fourpanel-5070800.png

• Troll 2

My sense is that next week is similar to this week and last week with cool weather for the first few days and then up around 80 by the end of the week.Ā  Ā  Sort of been the recurring theme this month.Ā  Ā  Monday/Tuesday have been the coolest days and Friday/Saturday have been the warmest days.