February Snowfalls 2/10-2/12, Part III & IV

Geos

So... Are you saying we are going to changeover to rain? Or is this just a troll post? Or what?

Many models have actually been showing this. The snow/rain line will have a SW-to-NE tilt to it, so areas to the west of the Salish Sea will see snow further to the south than areas to the east of it. Expect any and all of: rain, freezing rain, snow, and sleet.

It's called clown range for a reason.

Checked the GFS 00z Skew-T at KSEA at 24hr. Isothermal 33F from the surface to 950mb. That's not enough to cause complete melting. Should result in needles or columns, but not flat out rain.

Love the detailed analysis.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I love how people have found a way to troll here and use the excuse that they are “just stating facts” as a shield. It’s all about timing and context. There are plenty of facts a person could state in the wrong place at the wrong time that could cause a lot of social awkwardness or get them a fight. Sure what they said is technically true, doesn’t mean they had to say it right then or in that company. Seems like common sense stuff, and it is.

• Like 2

Keep going south CZ!!

Yeah would be nice to get to 5" for this event. Over 3" here now. 

Marysville and Everett are about to get blasted.

ATX.N0Q.20190211.0339.gif

• Like 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Heavy rain with temps in the mid 40s. If your snow isn’t in a pile tonight, it will be gone by tomorrow night.

Our biggest pile last February made it to about St. Patrick’s Day.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I think some of Shawnigan's snow is blowing down here. Victoria is experience near-blizzard conditions with very low visibility with very fine snow. The temperature dropped from 32F to 27F in the last hour with the shift to northerly winds.

Where is Esquimalt?   :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Yeah, it shifted the heaviest rain a little north compared to the 18z. Hopefully it doesn't trend further north, I'm actually looking forward to the heavy rain for once.

Wait, did it? The front itself looks a bit closer to PDX this time. But that just might be me.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Probably not. Seattle south...will probably see rain/mix by sometime in the evening.

Unless we see a last-minute shift south with the low. Can't rule it out.

A snowman that lived in Blaine years ago said I will see nothing but rain tomorrow.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Checked the GFS 00z Skew-T at KSEA at 24hr. Isothermal 33F from the surface to 950mb. That's not enough to cause complete melting. Should result in needles or columns, but not flat out rain.

Can you check for that info anywhere or just specific areas?

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Are you telling me winds flow towards the low? THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION.

I thought you had either turned a new leaf or you were doing much better at hiding your trolling for the better part of this season. Now I'm realizing it's just because we didn't have any winter events for you to be able to happily troll. It's all becoming clearer now!

Anyways, you will retort that it's really me and I'm this crazy person and you just posted a couple snowy WSDOT cameras so you truly are a different person! Meanwhile, nothing will ever change and you'll continue to get kicks out of posting asinine things at the oddest of times just to piss people off. Given that and your message to me earlier asking me to be nicer to you I will say this is the last I comment I will give you the pleasure of being able to come up with a "I'm the victim" response. Good day, sir.

Dewey will see you in court.

I love how people have found a way to troll here and use the excuse that they are “just stating facts” as a shield. It’s all about timing and context. There are plenty of facts a person could state in the wrong place at the wrong time that could cause a lot of social awkwardness or get them a fight. Sure what they said is technically true, doesn’t mean they had to say it right then or in that company. Seems like common sense stuff, and it is.

I don’t feel like anyone has been really trolling if someone was just making up stuff just to bug people then I could see that. I appreciate the honest posts just as much as I do the hopeful ones with nothing to back them up. Makes it all fun. Unless I get screwed over.
  • Like 1

It has not climbed over 20 degrees at my house since February 4... Waking up to low single digits every morning. Currently light snow. Sounds like I'm walking on corn starch outside. Plowing the snow with the quad is like trying to plow baking flour.

Haha, can totally relate to that! Haven't been above 18 degrees since the 3rd with an average temp of -3F.

It's been brutal week to say the least.

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

If you're gonna call Tim out, mention the devil by name.

I guess instead of gaslighting Tim, Silverton Tim, Frontrange Tim, and KVUO Snowman, I probably should be serious.

There hasn’t been a single run that was right, even that one guy jamming Euro frames down everyone’s throat was wrong. Cold will linger on and unless there is significant mixing at the surface, I am still holding onto hope.

Silverton Tim made me lol.

Are you telling me winds flow towards the low? THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION.

I thought you had either turned a new leaf or you were doing much better at hiding your trolling for the better part of this season. Now I'm realizing it's just because we didn't have any winter events for you to be able to happily troll. It's all becoming clearer now!

Anyways, you will retort that it's really me and I'm this crazy person and you just posted a couple snowy WSDOT cameras so you truly are a different person! Meanwhile, nothing will ever change and you'll continue to get kicks out of posting asinine things at the oddest of times just to piss people off. Given that and your message to me earlier asking me to be nicer to you I will say this is the last I comment I will give you the pleasure of being able to come up with a "I'm the victim" response. Good day, sir.

You are soooooooooo wound up.   

Good Lord.

How about attacking other people who are talking about wind or rain or whatever?   Half the posts on here are about that and not coming from me.   I have to follow your guidelines and post only what you like all the time?   This is so confusing.   I will need a list of topics you approve each morning.     :lol:  :lol:

Just picked up a fast 1.5".  Wow!! Took the dog for a walk and it hit about 5 min. after.  The heaviest windblown, wet sticky snow I have ever walked in.  I could barely see the end of my street!  Still coming down, temp 31.8.  Thinking 2" before the band passes east.

Notice the ICON still drops the Friday-weekend trough in.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.