1 minute ago, westcoastexpat said:

Could definitely see readings near 0F this weekend. The power of January!

Anyone think negative temperatures are on the table?

If we get snow it's possible.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

6 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I hope people in Seattle aren't losing sight of how impressive this Arctic front is going to be.  Looks really cold!

I prefer white ground over dehydrated bare 13 degree ground. This one will be as memorable as the ones I can barely recall…Like December 2009 or 2013 I think it might have been? It is what it is, I will enjoy watching my weather station possibly hitting single digits. I will go outside, close my eyes and envision December 2021 or even December of 2022 with over a foot of snow under me. 
Otherwise life goes on as normal. 

• Like 4

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, westcoastexpat said:

Could definitely see readings near 0F this weekend. The power of January!

Anyone think negative temperatures are on the table?

Not without snow cover. 

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

8 minutes ago, Doinko said:

I think it'll work out for us, even with that dry slot the Euro is showing right now

I'm hoping that us being close to that boundary between the cold and this system can bring some local dynamics into play that may not be getting picked up on the global models. Doesn't always work out that way but it might be worth watching the higher resolution mesoscale models tomorrow to see if there are any hints of that. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I hope people in Seattle aren't losing sight of how impressive this Arctic front is going to be.  Looks really cold!

I mulched all of my dahlias and peonies today and cut back some of the perennials that were still alive. Somehow it hasn’t been below 30F here yet this winter. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

A 10mb drop is massive. Hopefully this low don't get crazy and head to forks. Maybe this run is outlier. 

At least we would have an overrunning event! 

• Like 3

Boom!

1705492800-w9ftV8p2qR8.png

• Like 7
  • scream 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

That looks interesting 

43EEA4A6-D6D2-4E38-B765-DE2F1B217903.png

The thin part is strengthening too.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

frigid and dry over here.  going to be weird to have -teens with little to no snow cover.  will be running sinks for 3 days straight most likely.  that's my only concern.  the -10 a couple years ago came with almost a foot on the ground IMBY so the water box out front was insulated and covered, this time, colder and no snow.  unless the arctic front brings something tomorrow, we'll be frozen and brown.  All I'm looking for really is -11 or lower. that'll be the coldest I've seen here in 6 years and I think a record for Friday (record for 1-12 is 'only' -7 in 1963). Forecasts I've seen for friday are anywhere between -5 and -14 for the low, so a good chance

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I prefer white ground over dehydrated bare 13 degree ground. This one will be as memorable as the ones I can barely recall…Like December 2009 or 2013 I think it might have been? It is what it is, I will enjoy watching my weather station possibly hitting single digits. I will go outside, close my eyes and envision December 2021 or even December of 2022 with over a foot of snow under me. 
Otherwise life goes on as normal. 

I wonder how expensive snow making machines are?.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the_convergence_zone said:

I mulched all of my dahlias and peonies today and cut back some of the perennials that were still alive. Somehow it hasn’t been below 30F here yet this winter. 

Still have a pumpkin from Halloween that is still in great shape! Think my lowest so far this season is 28. 

IMG_1761.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weiner Warrior said:

New low formed up north heading down the coast?

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-met.na.png

Wouldn't that be awesome? A low that forms up off th4 coast of BC and travels south, just hugging the coast to throw precip bands over land, keep the center over the sea to keep generating that offshore wind. It's happened, but oh so rare. Dream placement for west of the mountains for a regional event.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OysterPrintout said:

Feels like the low may differ in strength/timing and qpf but the track between every single model but the GEM seems pretty well aligned at this point.

Doing everything I can to contain my excitement but my weenie heart of hearts says it's a pretty money looking track for us. Giving it another 72-96 hours before I fully buy in. 

• Like 8
  • scream 1

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Still have a pumpkin from Halloween that is still in great shape! Think my lowest so far this season is 28. 

IMG_1761.jpeg

And we may not go above 28 for the rest of the month. Definitely a shot at it. Crazy times.

All those warm anomalies earlier in the season had to be balanced out at some point. Somewhere in NA was definitely going to get slammed and looks like it's us.

• Troll 1

That thing about a week out is just something else to watch.  Some ICON runs have really blown that thing up.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9