2 minutes ago, Doinko said:

Avoids keeping us sleet for long and gives PDX 0.8" of QPF, with 7.5" of snow with 10:1 ratios. I think at face value the UKMET would be a 10-15" snowstorm with those temps

Someone on Facebook today said the UKMET can’t differentiate precip types. So that might be sleet and ZR too but I hope it’s snow!

• Like 3
  • Snow 2

Junction City down into the 30s.

• Like 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 minute ago, Perturbed Member said:

I think that makes the GFS the driest model now with 0.60 in. 

This thing should be plenty juicy. 

Probably doesn't mean too much but whatever weather.com uses is now showing 8-12" here tomorrow, with some brief sleet during the afternoon.

• Like 4
  • Snow 1

Just now, Doinko said:

Probably doesn't mean too much but whatever weather.com uses is now showing 8-12" here tomorrow, with some brief sleet during the afternoon.

I always thought it used IBM (so maybe graf?). That’s doesn’t line up though

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

There she is, the mama to my deformation band baby for tomorrow, isn't she dreamy....

image.png

Randy didn't work hard enough to lure her north.   

• Sad 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

I think that makes the GFS the driest model now with 0.60 in. 

This thing should be plenty juicy. 

Time to quit looking at models. The low is starting to blow up on the satellite imagery. It looks very good out there

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

It looks like many areas around the sound bottomed out already and are slowly rising. Temp up to 15 from 12. 

Temperatures are slightly rising here, too. Up to 10.4 now from 9.9 a little earlier. I have written it down to wind.

• Windy 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Randy didn't work hard enough to lure her north.   

Nothing has happened yet, but I don't think Randy approached things appropriately for his backyard this go around.

In all seriousness though, I do believe there will be an extension of moisture further north than modeled and a couple inches of snow is a good possibility from here to about Olympia maybe Tacoma.

• Like 4
  • Excited 1

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

It looks like many areas around the sound bottomed out already and are slowly rising. Temp up to 15 from 12. 

That's because Ma Nature is doing her best to bring that precip further north tomorrow, faith brother, faith!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

We had a funeral for my godfather today and had to be outside at times for long periods. Even with the bone chilling cold, it was more bearable than that heatwave. 

Sorry to hear about the passing of your godfather.  One of my brothers passed away in September in South Georgia, so I had the opposite problem....wearing a black suit and tie in 95-98 temps was absolutely brutal.

On the topic of the cold being more bearable, I always like to say "you can add layers to keep warm in the cold, but when it's hot, there is only so much nakedness you can achieve before the neighbors call the cops on you"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

Time to quit looking at models. The low is starting to blow up on the satellite imagery. It looks very good out there

What a great feeling when a storm is tracking in on your location!  Sad panda I’m sitting this one out :( 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Nothing has happened yet, but I don't think Randy approached things appropriately for his backyard this go around.

In all seriousness though, I do believe there will be an extension of moisture further north than modeled and a couple inches of snow is a good possibility from here to about Olympia maybe Tacoma.

Totally agree.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, AbbyJr said:

@Phil

If I recall correctly, a while back you said that February is a write off for PNW cold. However, do you still think so or has your opinion changed since we are now expecting another SSW event?

He will just say that if the SSW happens it will be east focused. 

• Like 2
  • scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

31 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes, and from what I have read/heard, the really big ones can give off a flash of light.