More sleet mixed in with the zr now in Astoria (south of downtown about 6mi and east of the coast about 5mi).  Temp still 24, dp "up" a degree to 21.  

Just went out to rubber band some of those pocket hand warmers onto the hummingbird feeder so those lil guys can keep feeding :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

My son says it’s now 25 at Crystal Mountain with no wind... and he said he is over-dressed and getting warm.   Pretty much the opposite of what I told him it would be like.   The forecast yesterday showed a high of 0 today with strong wind.   In hindsight the high of 0 was going to be totally wrong with the warm nose.   I almost talked him out of going and now he says it’s one of the best ski days he has ever had because the snow is so deep and perfect quality and there are no lift lines.

Amazing. It’s -12 right now at Stevens. 

IMG_0215.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Shivering 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Trees starting to crack. Won't be long now I'm afraid...

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Sad 1
  • scream 2
  • Sick 1
  • Shivering 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 minute ago, bainbridgekid said:

Amazing. It’s -12 right now at Stevens. 

IMG_0215.jpeg

And -5 at Snoqualmie Pass.

I am so glad he decided to ignore my warnings and go anyway.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

My son has told me the best snow conditions are at 28 degrees or lower.   Getting surprisingly close up there.   

He just told me they are in the warmest place in WA state and it happens to be at 7.000 feet.    Pretty interesting.  

That's insane just 10 miles or so away at Chinook Pass it is -15

2 minutes ago, lowlandsnow said:

That's insane just 10 miles or so away at Chinook Pass it is -15

I know... its just nuts.    And it's absolutely real.   

Screenshot_20240113-135039_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Well it looks like most of the models did a really good job handling the northern edge snow cutoff. Sometimes they’re wrong and that was the hope that precip would be more widespread…it’s happened before but not today it appears. Looks like our next opportunity is in a few days but I’m not getting a good feeling about that one yet. 

• Like 2

Just now, TacomaWx said:

Well it looks like most of the models did a really good job handling the northern edge snow cutoff. Sometimes they’re wrong and that was the hope that precip would be more widespread…it’s happened before but not today it appears. Looks like our next opportunity is in a few days but I’m not getting a good feeling about that one yet. 

I was looking at the radar and think the issue up here is that this is such a tightly wound system.   The events that trend northward and end up north of the models are usually more open wave overrunning events,.   Good information for future reference.

1-13 storm.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Approaching 2" of sleet and snow jumbled together here and just changed over to 100% sleet for the first time today. Really hoping that we can get at least 2 or 3 hours of solid snow at the end of this to get some accumulation on the branches and stuff. This location is almost completely sheltered from the Gorge outflow, so I'm one of the few who has a chance at enjoying some piles precariously teetered up on narrow surfaces at least, lol

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Surprisingly very little wind here in Enumclaw so far. 

Same here. Seems like a regular east wind gap event here. Normally we only get a wind advisory for that and not a HWW. I think they gave the HWW for all the EPSL which is appropriate since it covers North Bend.

Stopped by the rest stop in between Ellensburg and Vantage and the car thermometer says -4 but with the wind chill it was probably around -15 to -20. Coldest temp I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. Hands were freezing within 5 minutes and it was COLD but it was definitely cool to experience.

• Like 4
  • Shivering 1

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

2 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

Same here. Seems like a regular east wind gap event here. Normally we only get a wind advisory for that and not a HWW. I think they gave the HWW for all the EPSL which is appropriate since it covers North Bend.

It seems like a fairly typical outflow event at my house... windy but not extreme.    And North Bend is always more windy than up here in these events but it is pretty intense down there.

• Like 1

Lots of sleet here in the past few hours, snow keeps wanting to switch back in, but not quite there yet.

Tough to measure but I’d assume about 2-3 inches of snow/sleet so far. Very windswept.

Current temp is 15.

• Like 5

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 hour ago, Kayla said:

Honestly once it gets above zero we just might!😂 Looking like our “high” for the day is gonna be -21F. 

What's it looking like for you guys tomorrow?  My son is flying home tomorrow, and it looks like the KSEA/KBZN flight didn't happen today.  the weather OBS was reporting freezing fog a good chunk of the morning, I'm assuming that's what caused the cancellation.  Hopefully it will be clear tomorrow.

• Like 1

Salem just dropped to 18. 

• Like 8

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Amazingly, the highest it’s been during the daylight hours so far today is 16. 19 is the official high here but that was at midnight. Low of 13 so far, in the late morning.

We’ll see if we can shave a few more degrees off later on toward evening. Still, easily the coldest afternoon I’ve ever experienced in the area.

• Like 5

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 minutes ago, Olive1010 said:

So is portland gonna snow morer opr qwhatg

U good or...

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

4 minutes ago, SpaceRace22 said:

Approaching 2" of sleet and snow jumbled together here and just changed over to 100% sleet for the first time today. Really hoping that we can get at least 2 or 3 hours of solid snow at the end of this to get some accumulation on the branches and stuff. This location is almost completely sheltered from the Gorge outflow, so I'm one of the few who has a chance at enjoying some piles precariously teetered up on narrow surfaces at least, lol

As the low moves onshore we should cool off in the upper atmosphere and at the same time there should be enough wrap around moisture to give everybody a few inches as we dry out this evening.

• Like 6

kmmv 

sitting ~18f ...blustery

overnight a blessing of snow...enough to coat landscape beds, roads and roofs. small timeframe, early am, of ZR ...but sleet has dominated the day.   heavier precipitation will spit snowflakes.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Perturbed Member said:

About 70% snow here and gradually increasing, think this is the mid levels finally cooling off. 

Shouldn't be long until it changes over here there, still mostly sleet

• Like 3

Gfs very close to really good for Seattle again, this run is the far north but it's further south than the 06z, remember compare 06z to 18 and 12z to 00z when looking for trends out a few days.

• Like 4

We come from the land of the ice and snow.