October 2022 PNW weather Discussion. + Ultimate Leg Reveal Extravaganza

TacomaWx

2 hours ago, MossMan said:

Wind! I had all things weather today, took a drive to Wenatchee and back for work today. Was light rain snow mix at the top of Stevens early this morning, sun and fairly warm in Wenatchee, lots of soldering stumps along the burn area just west of Skykomish, and wind back at home. Apparently the power dropped a few times for a few seconds at the house but didn’t stay out. The color between Leavenworth and the pass was lovely. 

8126F390-F351-4E53-BC92-5958A1D619D1.jpeg

699E1214-27F8-4945-9F6A-8671571F87BB.jpeg

E205AB92-0B0F-486F-9990-3E66D0266822.jpeg

0BCF661C-8FE7-4A34-B5D2-ECECAA0D759D.jpeg

D**n, we live in an awesome place.

Nice pics @MossMan

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kolk1604 said:

Who is this guy? 

Then it one of his replies, it kind of sounds like he believes it because it has support of the MJO and PV even THOUGH it's the GFS and 384 hours out... Twitter needs a Weiner button next to like 

Wow. 🤣 Talk about full-blown weenie mode and taking grasping at straws literally like its his job. 🤣

• Like 1
  • lol 2

3 minutes ago, Kolk1604 said:

Who is this guy? 

Then it one of his replies, it kind of sounds like he believes it because it has support of the MJO and PV even THOUGH it's the GFS and 384 hours out... Twitter needs a Weiner button next to like 

eric cartman table GIF by South Park

• Like 4
  • lol 3

9 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

The N/S QPF gradient this winter is going to put 2020 to shame. Just brutal. 

Ah yes, the "winter" where our coldest temp was 23F on Oct 26...

We are at 0.79" for the month...

• Weenie 1
  • Shivering 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

What was he trying to embellish? If you go back and read a bit, you can see that he tried to dodge a rolling garbage can that caused the truck to roll over. The only organization doing any kind of embellishing was KOMO radio saying the the truck rolled over due to high winds. 

Well it technically kind of did roll over due to high winds....I mean, it's not like the garbage can was suicidal, got up and ran into traffic on its own accord.

giphy.gif.6b077219eaf96b19bab330d74fb6bdf1.gif

• lol 2

33 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

The N/S QPF gradient this winter is going to put 2020 to shame. Just brutal. 

Pretty typical stuff for fall as I've said. Not uncommon in southern OR and CA for dry season to go well into fall and even early winter and then have things flip big.

Remember, the 2018-19 wet season started with an entire town in northern CA burning down in mid-November (with smoke reaching as far north as WA). It ended with northern CA constantly being pounded with storms and record rainfall while we were sitting bone dry under Rex Block ridges.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MossMan said:

Wind! I had all things weather today, took a drive to Wenatchee and back for work today. Was light rain snow mix at the top of Stevens early this morning, sun and fairly warm in Wenatchee, lots of soldering stumps along the burn area just west of Skykomish, and wind back at home. Apparently the power dropped a few times for a few seconds at the house but didn’t stay out. The color between Leavenworth and the pass was lovely. 

8126F390-F351-4E53-BC92-5958A1D619D1.jpeg

699E1214-27F8-4945-9F6A-8671571F87BB.jpeg

E205AB92-0B0F-486F-9990-3E66D0266822.jpeg

0BCF661C-8FE7-4A34-B5D2-ECECAA0D759D.jpeg

There are still signs of the absolutely massive Hatchery Creek fire (July 27, 1994) in Tumwater canyon between Coles Corner and Leavenworth.

Nearly 150K acres burned before it was finally extinguished by mother nature. 

Included image is from US-2 just east of the Swiftwater Picnic area and just before the local sheriff's office closed the road.

0172-07.jpg

• Like 3
  • scream 3

BTW for those that have been discussing it; WestSeattleWx is back on Twitter again. That guy has done this dozens of times over the years. Whenever he does that, always expect to see him active again within the next couple days. 

• scream 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

2 hours ago, Kolk1604 said:

Who is this guy? 

I have a very limited scope on meteorology compared to the knowledgeable folk on here cause I'm still learning, but even I know that this is just so rubbish lol. It's the GFS that's 360+ hours out.

I don't wanna get into a late night rant, but it bothers me when some of these East Coast meteorologists act like their winter's a dud when that other half of the country reliably gets cold waves, nor'easters, snowstorms, active cold weather, etc. Maybe not every year but it's consistent there. Whereas I still look fondly to 2008, 2019, and 2021 with breadcrumbs in between, and I gotta treasure those moments cause you never know when it'll happen again. 

I got no platform to complain cause I don't really know anything but man.. 

• Like 9

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro