October 2022 PNW weather Discussion. + Ultimate Leg Reveal Extravaganza

TacomaWx

7 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

No problem. Well, DJ Droppin is my artist/producer name, so I thought it was time for a change something more fitting for this forum, and Gradient Keeper is one of my old names from years ago on the Fox 12 Weather Blog because of how often I would post pressure gradients.

00z GFS in 2 hours 2 minutes

Night shift tonight Rob?

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

3 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

My family doesn't want to move there. The rest of them don't like cold and snow and I'm disabled with severe epilepsy so I can go long periods of time having seizures over and over, and I convulse into the fencing position on my side every night. If I turn onto my back then I will stop breathing. This most likely happened because when I was barely 2, my mom neglected me and I pushed a screen out a second story window, and I fell out the window too, onto my arms, knees and the left side of my head. My arms, legs, teeth and tongue hurt all the time. Our family lives in a one-room flat behind my mother in law's house and it's a miracle its still standing on a brick foundation. My bio family are sociopaths that I carry shame and embarrassment from because of their past and the fact that I am related to them makes me sick and makes my seizures worse. I struggled to make friends in school because of it and was largely an introvert as a result.

I've had 2 brain surgeries to put an implant down in to my brain and it helps make the seizures shorter and I'm incredibly grateful to the people that saved my life and they do the same for so many others. Along with my wife, her family, the kids and my scant few in-person friends my life is a very sad one, where typing out simple messages can sometimes take up to 30 mins because I keep forgetting words and my train of thought is constantly derailed, making work nigh impossible because of an inability to focus enough. Because of that, I haven't been able to find proper, repetitive work that I can support my family with, so that causes even further stress and a feedback loop. This forum is one of the few ways I'm able to focus and stay calm. My kids come over once every couple of weeks but otherwise it's just me and my wife's family here. Her sister lives in Indiana and I'd love to move there, but it's just not going to happen and I've come to the stage of hopelessness. Feels tough to pull one's self up by their bootstraps when there are no bootstraps to pull up. Family, sports and weather are the things that keep me going. Grateful to still be here because I could die any night. I may not have a lot of cold down here but my family and friends are wonderful and I'm grateful for the ability to chat with other people about the weather.

I can't even imagine what you go through, the daily struggles, and pain you endure. I can't. I read your comment here trying to do so, and I can't.  I've read about your story on ncaa.com website and it sheds more light on yourself and who you are. Man, you have an incredible collection of jerseys! I am glad you can find something you enjoy, the weather, this forum, sports, hey, in life we take whatever we can get to give us brighter moments amidst all of the rough times. You definitely have a lot of friends here buddy, and hopefully this Winter will be very memorable from Medford to British Columbia!

Think Cold and SNOW! C'MON!!!!

❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬

• Like 7
  • Excited 1

8 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

I can't even imagine what you go through, the daily struggles, and pain you endure. I can't. I read your comment here trying to do so, and I can't.  I've read about your story on ncaa.com website and it sheds more light on yourself and who you are. Man, you have an incredible collection of jerseys! I am glad you can find something you enjoy, the weather, this forum, sports, hey, in life we take whatever we can get to give us brighter moments amidst all of the rough times. You definitely have a lot of friends here buddy, and hopefully this Winter will be very memorable from Medford to British Columbia!

❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬

I just read it too.  I had no idea.   Because we really don't know much about each other aside from weather.   Thanks for pointing that out to me.  I'm sorry he has suffered so much, but he is a real hero for his fight and for bringing awareness to his condition. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

The EC is pretty boring. We get all the way down to 37F on one morning and most of the rest of the days look above normal. That precip will likely get significantly reduced here or trend north. We just don't see significant rain or winter weather below freezing here anymore.

Just because it hasn't occurred in the last few years that is hardly credible evidence that anything has changed recently. 

In Dec 2013 we had 6 inches of snow that pretty much all fell in the 20's.

In Feb 2014 we had 10+ inches of snow. Some of it fell in the low 20's right in the middle of the day. I believe we had more snow than Tim that winter.

Jan 2017 we had snow fall at freezing and nearly had an amazing event. I believe we had around 16-20 hours worth of snowfall that didn't stick. We still got around 7".

Feb 2019 speaks for itself. Very heavy snow. The biggest in 50 years. It stuck to everything including all the roads. Huge ruts everywhere. Who cares if some of it fell at 33?

Feb 2022 was a lot of slushy snow that could have been better, but nothing to complain about. 

Btw, blowing snow is cool to see from a warm location, like inside a house but being out in it in person is cool for about one minute. It gets old very quickly. When I lived in Beaverton in 96, the blowing took all of my snow and I got stuck with maybe 2 inches. I walked around the neighborhood looking for it, but never was able to find it. I'm guessing it might still be in Hillsboro somewhere. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Just because it hasn't occurred in the last few years that is hardly credible evidence that anything has changed recently. 

In Dec 2013 we had 6 inches of snow that pretty much all fell in the 20's.

In Feb 2014 we had 10+ inches of snow. Some of it fell in the low 20's right in the middle of the day. I believe we had more snow than Tim that winter.

Jan 2017 we had snow fall at freezing and nearly had an amazing event. I believe we had around 16-20 hours worth of snowfall that didn't stick. We still got around 7".

Feb 2019 speaks for itself. Very heavy snow. The biggest in 50 years. It stuck to everything including all the roads. Huge ruts everywhere. Who cares if some of it fell at 33?

Feb 2022 was a lot of slushy snow that could have been better, but nothing to complain about. 

Btw, blowing snow is cool to see from a warm location, like inside a house but being out in it in person is cool for about one minute. It gets old very quickly. When I lived in Beaverton in 96, the blowing took all of my snow and I got stuck with maybe 2 inches. I walked around the neighborhood looking for it, but never was able to find it. I'm guessing it might still be in Hillsboro somewhere. 

Yeah during most of our snow events we get a strong east wind downsloping off of the west hills. I remember February 2014 had blizzard conditions for a few hours too. Sometimes I enjoy it but other times I'd rather have it accumulate more cleanly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gradient Keeper said:

No problem. Well, DJ Droppin is my artist/producer name, so I thought it was time for a change something more fitting for this forum, and Gradient Keeper is one of my old names from years ago on the Fox 12 Weather Blog because of how often I would post pressure gradients.

00z GFS in 2 hours 2 minutes

Ha, no s***, me too. I figured JSnowlin (now), should at least help manifest a possible cold'ish January.

Anything's possible. Hell we might get really lucky and Rob's knee gives out, next thing you know we get a three day blizzard and hold an impromptu hockey scrimmage on the Columbia river

• lol 1

5 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Yeah that would rival our January Wine Dine 1969 "Big Snow" where most locations in the south valley had 3'-4' of snow. Like a hallway in some areas where people were constantly shoveling.

In 2-25-19 some people around Drain, Elkton and other even more remote areas than that just melted snow and hunted for all their food. Was wild.

November 2022 southern Willamette Valley blizzard!

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

18 minutes ago, JSnowlin said:

Ha, no s***, me too. I figured JSnowlin (now), should at least help manifest a possible cold'ish January.

Anything's possible. Hell we might get really lucky and Rob's knee gives out, next thing you know we get a three day blizzard and hold an impromptu hockey scrimmage on the Columbia river

I do like the JSnowlin. Well, I ain't playing goalie! Haha

00z GFS in 1 minute!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gradient Keeper said:

❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬❄️☃️❄️⛄️❄️🌬

Thanks man. It means so much to have the support of so many people, including y'all. Thanks for helping lift my spirits when times are tough.

• Like 6

Personal Stats:

Venmo

2 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Thanks man. It means so much to have the support of so many people, including y'all. Thanks for helping lift my spirits when times are tough.

Eh, no worries mate, we go yor back. And if ya ever need help about town we can always call ya a Roo-ber. (Australian Uber)

Wait, wtf did I go aussie all of a sudden? 

• Excited 2

1 minute ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Day 3 (Past 8 runs). Yep, that's right, 8 runs. Why? 4 is for rookies.

trend-gfs-2022102900-f072.500h_anom_na.gif

If only it could be the last 69 runs.

• Excited 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Shivering 1

Personal Stats:

Venmo