November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

5 minutes ago, KingstonWX said:

As the current precip blob winds down, it will be interesting to see how cold it gets before the next one rolls in. This break may do many of us a nice favor. 

I'm hoping we can get some drier air from up north in here later.  That can actually help enhance snowfall and of course makes the chances of it freezing up much higher.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, TT-SEA said:

😀

I had in my head every day for like 2 weeks... every time I turned on the TV I would immediately hear it.  

Same here. I keep my TV on the ID channel because I like true crime noise in the background and they play it at least once during every commercial break. Then I get to hear it again during every break for every Seahawks game. 

• lol 1

2 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

It’s a really *y song. It sounds cool on the ad because the sped up the track and cleaned up the sound. When I went back and listened to the Fleetwood Mac version I couldn’t believe how bad it sucked. 

I wonder how many people went to YouTube to see it performed live because of those commericals?    I know I did.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

The orientation of the snow showers matters a great deal for me. If they come in from the NW like on Monday I will almost always underachieve or get nothing. If they come from the west or better yet the wsw then they enhance over my area. That was part of how come we did so well in early November, the orientation of the showers trained them right along Waldo Hills and into the Silverton hills. 

WSW is great for me too.  The way this trough played out is usually a good bet for here.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

31.4 here! 
.46” of melted snow through my gauge today. 
8.91” for the month. 
Current snow situation, the melting has finally ended! 

FDAB20BD-E8FE-4B67-A2B8-201E235A5E76.jpeg

I actually have you beat tonight!    The snow on the trees has come back in the last couple hours.    All the trees were bare earlier with the wind and rain.   

20221130_180008.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

😀

I had in my head every day for like 2 weeks... every time I turned on the TV I would immediately hear it.  

I’m not a huge Fleetwood Mac fan but I do like that song and their music has stood the test of time.  

• Like 3

Looking close to 2 inches now.  I took some pics that I will try to post later.

• Like 6
  • scream 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, SnowySeeker50 said:

Snow has lightened up a bit now. Got about 2 inches on the road and 2.5 on everything else.

20221130_175240.jpg

This is a winner pattern for us.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

7 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I'm really shocked you have had such bad luck.

I've never been in this situation before.  When it snows in Everett, Marysville, and Lake Stevens I'm usually the guy with the most snow.  I'm glad you and the people down south are getting in on the action. 

• Like 1

NWS forecast creeping up and up, 1-2" tmrw morning and less than an inch tonight for my location. AFD supports this. Feeling goodimage.png.3e837d85f20483a6f52152ad1ac07a79.png

• Like 2

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

33 minutes ago, Perturbed Member said:

Yep unless you are one of these people like Andrew who has some elevation, showery snow around here is almost always a non event. There are some exceptions of course but we usually need the showers to be quite organized and not moving directly west to east. It is enough of a long shot that I usually set my expectations to 0 when I see this sort of thing on the models. Washington county is especially rough for this kind of stuff. 

I'd probably be decently satisfied with this climate if I moved up to 1500ft or so. If you can't beat the Coast Range, join it. 

I’m constantly looking at property on the Chehalem Mountains because you can get up around 1500 feet and have an actual winter most years. East Washington County is a nightmare if you like snow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HuskyMaestro said:

You know what’s better than shining a flashlight into snowfall? Shining your high beams into the fattest snowflakes on a lonely county road.

Was driving home from picking up pizza and once I hit a dark stretch of road by myself, I switched on the high beams and got greeted with the glorious white stuff of billions of flakes. Wish I had a dashcam that could snap pics, I loved it. 

Yeah that sounds amazing!

• Like 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Why am I not surprised by this. Mesoscales are terrible. Better off just watching radar. 

Gotta give WRF credit for nailing yesterday though

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

My apartment complex just sent out an "urgent" email about watching out for ice and snow in the parking lot tonight and tomorrow... it's still completely bare 😭 (I do appreciate them giving the warning, though, and using de-icer and salt, it's going to get icy)

Looking at the WSDOT cameras for I-90 at SR-18, I'm pretty sure my hockey night in Snoqualmie is off the table tonight, too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winterdog said:

The NWS is calling for snow to start after 1am here with a low temp of 22!  They are taking the same drugs the GFS takes.  34, cloudy and calm

I remember several times where the moisture shield was forecasted to only make it as far north as Everett and we ended up getting many non-forecasted inches! November 1996, December 1998, February 2011 and a few others. Let’s trend this thing north as well!! 

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just looked through the long range on the models... amazing how dry it looks.   Even the EPS was really dry for the next 15 days.     We seem to be in a repeating pattern of short bursts of heavy precip and long dry periods.   The complete opposite of last fall and last spring.  

Oh... and winter starts in just about 5 hours.

• Like 2
  • Sun 1