November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

46 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

warm nose is a bastard.  oh what could've been. Euro/Canadian blend was right after all. Kudos to the NWS last night at least in the Spokane metro area. looking like 6-8"ish will be it for this round, already starting to settle and compact.  mostly melted off driveway where I plowed and trees. They probably didn't need to extend the WSW and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets dropped or changed to an Advisory later, secondary and neighborhood streets are a mess

Been an awesome month in the Spokane area. Best November in a long time.

• Like 4

Some stats the last few days. Ended up with a 40/28 day here yesterday, we held onto light easterly flow until a little beyond midnight. Flipped to gusty south winds overnight and also picked up a lot of heavy rain, with well over an inch in the last 24 hours. 

46/39 day here so far. A cluster of heavy showers moved in earlier accompanied with the wind shift, and dropped the temp from 46 to SW winds to 39 with NW winds. Looked to be some wet snow or ice pellets in the showers, but didn’t hear any thunder. Cloudy and 41 currently.

• Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

39 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Been an awesome month in the Spokane area. Best November in a long time.

Definitely. This is some good perspective. It’s funny how much the attitude of posters in certain areas can affect how the weather there is perceived.

Edited by Cascadia_Wx

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

4 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Enumclaw is getting hammered now. Wouldn’t at all surprise me if they got 6” in the next 12 hours.

84965825-6280-4D35-9EE6-7E0FEB4BD443.jpeg

What site do you use for Traffic Cams? I usually use this one but it doesn't have that camera.

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

4 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Enumclaw is getting hammered now. Wouldn’t at all surprise me if they got 6” in the next 12 hours.

84965825-6280-4D35-9EE6-7E0FEB4BD443.jpeg

I noticed it was in the mid 40s there last night when it was dumping snow here... assume they had downslope while we had a gap wind up here.     Totally different situation tonight!  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Definitely. This is some good perspective. It’s funny how much the attitude of posted in certain areas can affect how the weather there is perceived.

Looking like it will be the 4th coldest November on record at GEG, after 1985, 1955, and 2000. We'll see where it stacks up for snowfall but with 18"+ so far it looks like it will likely be in the top 6 for snowfall there as well.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, gusky said:

What site do you use for Traffic Cams? I usually use this one but it doesn't have that camera.

Check out the WSDOT traffic map for the state's cameras. King County also has an assortment of cameras here, as well as an interactive map here.

• Like 1

Shred it!

Greater Maple Valley area @ ~550' AGL

1 minute ago, BLI snowman said:

Looking like it will be the 4th coldest November on record at GEG, after 1985, 1955, and 2000. We'll see where it stacks up for snowfall but with 18"+ so far it looks like it will likely be in the top 6 for snowfall there as well.

Omak should finish the month around a -10. 

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

It's hard to see right now how this is going to make it up to Seattle area. Other than the NAM, all the models pretty much have just some light snow or flurries up here. I'd be happy if it did somehow make it up here but I hope you guys further south do well either way. 

• Sick 1

3 minutes ago, bishbish777 said:

It's hard to see right now how this is going to make it up to Seattle area. Other than the NAM, all the models pretty much have just some light snow or flurries up here. I'd be happy if it did somehow make it up here but I hope you guys further south do well either way. 

ECMWF seems to be doing pretty well based on reality this afternoon... and it doesn't show it moving north through Seattle this evening but there might another chance there early tomorrow morning.  

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Lol

2A63316E-A5FC-4785-ACDF-E2C5F59858D7.png

• Excited 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

28 minutes ago, xfkirsten said:

I grew up right near there (Lakemont area) and this storm has me missing that elevation something fierce. My parents still live there, and they've gotten the goods quite a bit in the last several years.

We were living down in Seward Park before this and always had rain when a few hundred feet up they'd have snow. Nice to have the elevation now!

32 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

West Hills 🐯? ;)

Only a couple months before we start seeing touchdowns 🙏

• lol 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

21 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

it's been pretty good.  had at least some snow on the ground for like 20 ish? days (I haven't looked at the official summary) and consistently cold.  hoping its a good sign for winter?