PNW December 2022 - Part II

Guest hawkstwelve

Walking on my plowed driveway with the half inch of snow that fell last night then the layer of freezing rain makes it feel like you are walking on a frozen lake that is cracking beneath you. My steep driveway looks fun! Also it’s quite windy now. Temp still rising, up to 26.9 Wild stuff and a first for me! 

AECAF7A7-31AC-438C-AAFF-A671A35882BD.jpeg

EE4F46B4-E89C-4D84-AC35-FE49F6CC8094.jpeg

211D0D6F-215D-40FA-A59B-D8D5597240E8.jpeg

9EA31608-8C72-42C0-B23B-62C6FE62B63A.jpeg

• Like 7

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

14 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Euro says above freezing for most by noon. GooFuS says above freezing for most by 3:00 pm.

The question is: is either one remotely correct? Models often botch scouring in these situations.

Well the Portland area isn’t going to get rid of the cold today. Still 21 here. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Obviously there’s a little freezing rain in the mix for it to be that crunchy. It’s completely loose so far up here.

Oh yeah it was pouring down rain at 4:30 this morning. If it weren’t for the Olympics this would have been much worse here. I can tell my tree branches are drooping a bit but much of the moisture is bypassing me. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Little bit of a dusting (any snow on the road/driveway), if I can even call it that, overnight. Juicier looking showers heading our way though. 17 degrees and blustery. Gonna go for a walk when the snow starts falling.

20221223_082708.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_083301_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Good morning, warmed up to a whopping 9 degrees this morning.  Looking at cams, it is around 35 degrees at the 6000' level.  Mixture of sleet and snow right now.  My customers will have to wait until afternoon today, hopefully the temp starts rising for their sake.

• Like 3

Anybody got a report from Vancouver? Looks like they keep getting blasted. 

• Like 6

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

As of now no damage and this is just beautiful.  So cool looking. My woman is so hard headed, I told here she wasn't going to work tomorrow and she still got up thinking she was going. I had to hold her hand and walk her out to her truck I left out on purpose to show her the 1/3 inch of ice on it. We will be good if the wind stays calm. 

• Like 7

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

17 minutes ago, Terreboner said:

Good morning, warmed up to a whopping 9 degrees this morning.  Looking at cams, it is around 35 degrees at the 6000' level.  Mixture of sleet and snow right now.  My customers will have to wait until afternoon today, hopefully the temp starts rising for their sake.

🙄 people here drive when the weather is inclement. You need to get that valley mentality out of your head before they label you something here lol. I’ll be going to work here shortly. 

• Like 2

Temps are slowing starting to rebound here. Up to -11F after a midnight low of -26. It is also now lightly snowing which is expected for most of the day here.

• Like 7

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Snowing! Lots of small flakes and coming down at an angle. Will be a fun walk once I finish my coffee.

• Like 1

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL