1 minute ago, Doinko said:

What time does PDX fall below freezing on Friday?

10 p.m. on Friday evening and then down into low 20s by morning.  

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, lowlandsnow said:

This run is way colder

Not sure yet... but Portland might be right on the northern fringe on this run.  

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, lowlandsnow said:

1705158000-G8uvET0a6so.png

Keeps dropping... PDX goes below freezing on Friday evening and then falls into the teens by mid morning! 

• Like 6

Absolutely wild how much colder and drier the Euro is for western WA in 72 hours compared to the GFS. It's honestly getting to the point that I'm not sure we've seen this much divergence this close for an Arctic air mass.

• Like 8

A forum for the end of the world.

Feel a bit better now that I just watched MS’s new update. I have a feeling that secondary low on Saturday will become more well known in the models and deliver some good stuff to Western Wa. I have to remind myself that this happens so often with these setups where not much shows in the model world until we are almost up against it. That happened in December 2008 among many many other events. I don’t think this is over for us up here…It could just be the beginning. 
Temp down to 36.9 with more lumps. 

• Like 7
  • Popcorn 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I'm sure Euro will swing north... but maybe at face value this gets Eugene in on some arctic fun 

• Like 4
  • lol 1
  • scream 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Total snow from Friday evening through Saturday evening.     Maybe nobody gets much snow.   Did not expect that.  

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-snow_24hr_kuchera-5201200.png

• Like 1
  • Snow 1
  • scream 3
  • Sick 4
  • Troll 1

So the 12Z ECMWF run shifted way south... the 00Z run shifts way south again.      

1 minute ago, Mid Valley Duck said:

Euro is very dry. The GFS is world's apart with track, landfall and QPF with that system. The euro doesnt even show the surface low out ahead of the parent low.

1705201200-ICFMJxXgYi8.png

Wonder if it'll be like Feb 2014 when the surface lows showed up almost right before the event

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Total snow from Friday evening through Saturday evening.     Maybe nobody gets much snow.   Did not expect that.  

While I'm in Tahoe...f*ck, I'd give it all up for you guys.

• Like 2

A forum for the end of the world.

The comparison between the 00Z run last night (on top) and new 00Z tonight (bottom) is pretty stark. 

And the GFS also shifted south.  

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-snow_24hr_kuchera-5201200 (1).png

• lol 1

Just now, Doinko said:

Wonder if it'll be like Feb 2014 when the surface lows showed up almost right before the event

I'm also thinking that. GEM and GFS like a more battleground type event with a pretty sharp temp gradient-- EURO on the other hand is much colder and like 2014 shifts those lows very far south.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Just now, GobBluth said:

And no second low for Seattle.

No first low. The second low is the parent low. The Euro is bearish on the surface low developing out ahead of the parent low. The Euro and UKMET say no to that feature. The NCEP products and GEM say yes. For Oregon we'd want the structure to be the GFS with the Euro's track and landfall. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GobBluth said:

And no second low for Seattle.

Yet. Don’t forget this is still Tuesday…We are still several days away from this unfolding. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

The comparison between the 00Z run last night (on top) and new 00Z tonight (bottom) is pretty stark. 

And the GFS also shifted south.  

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-snow_24hr_kuchera-5201200 (1).png

I can cut and paste it back up north!  Wine 🍷 does wonders 

1 minute ago, Requiem said:

I'm also thinking that. GEM and GFS like a more battleground type event with a pretty sharp temp gradient-- EURO on the other hand is much colder and like 2014 shifts those lows very far south.

You can kind of see something like that on the ICON, with those lows nailing Salem with snow
floop-icon-2024011000.prateptype_cat_icon-imp.us_nw.gif.6aaccbc134521670fae81bf9e93e49ad.gif
snku_acc-imp.us_nw.png