1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

12Z GEFS shows substantial increase in snow for Wednesday... but the spread is pretty significant for being only 4 days away.   Some members showing lots of snow and others showing none.  

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-or_wa-total_snow_10to1-5536000.png

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-or_wa-snow_6hr_multimember_panel-5492800.png

We are going to need euro and it’s ensemble to change in the right direction this morning 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

I tried that with the kids last night.  We just all ended up being scalded by hot water falling on us!  

😂 . I know it wasn’t cold enough for the full effect but it did make a pretty big cloud of steam.  

Haha good attempt at least! What was your temp when you tried?

Done it many times since moving here. I've found it needs to be at least -20F but works best around -30F.

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

1 minute ago, DeepFriedEgg said:

I think the mid levels cooled with the heavy precip. Massive flakes so ratio are probably close to 10:1 or lower despite being 14F

850’s dropped .5 to -2.5 last obs over pdx

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

Just now, Dave said:

Me too, although I'm not exactly sure how to deal with sleet. Eugene usually only gets freezing rain or snow.

I'm gonna hope for the best. I'm sure the modeled ZR amounts won't pan out. But even if they did, I'll be fine. I love camping and have supplies for days and warm everything that would be needed.

Sleet is interesting. When we had the big sleet storm when I was out in Oklahoma everyone treated it like snow, kids went sledding, etc.. However, if you fall on it, it is a pretty hard and grating surface. I had a couple friends (We were in college doing stupid things.) who got injured falling on it. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

2 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Haha good attempt at least! What was your temp when you tried?

Done it many times since moving here. I've found it needs to be at least -20F but works best around -30F.

It was around 10F.  I wasn’t expecting much but it wasn’t too bad.  They saw people on the news doing it and wanted to try. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Cloud deck is getting girthier here.

It is so close! With the east flow I think I will start to see precip building on the east slopes of Olympics,  I think I will get a light coating today. Going to be close.

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

8 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Just took an 11 degree walk around the property with the dogs. Ferns and rhododendrons are not happy about it. Dogs are fine with it. 
And I pretended the crunching under by boots was snow compacting down…Instead of frozen mud that has heaved up. 

IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

IMG_1837.jpeg

Those sword fern fronds are probably toast. These sort of temperatures usually do them in. They will of course make new ones in the spring. One of my standards for a cold winter is whether or not the sword ferns get blasted.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Wow.... wind is howling here.  Just had a whiteout in the back yard with snow blowing off the roof.

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Just took an 11 degree walk around the property with the dogs. Ferns and rhododendrons are not happy about it. Dogs are fine with it. 
And I pretended the crunching under by boots was snow compacting down…Instead of frozen mud that has heaved up. 

IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

IMG_1837.jpeg

8CED771B-435D-4764-B9C9-AD6442973AA5.jpeg.aeb71918f237f1119005987ed5f98161.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

Good luck down south today! Hope the freezing rain is as minimal as possible.

Fully prepared for Seattle to miss out on Wednesday, too. It's on brand for us to miss one snowstorm because we are too far north and another snowstorm because we are too far south.  The writing is on the wall.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, RCola said:

Fully prepared for Seattle to miss out on Wednesday, too. It's on brand for us to miss one snowstorm because we are too far north and another snowstorm because we are too far south.  The writing is on the wall.

I’ll be livid if we go straight to rain after all this record cold 😆

• Sick 1

55 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I'm rooting for it to stay sleet as long as possible. Hope you are prepared for a natural disaster, because it sure looks like one is coming to your city.

Me too. It will probably moderate though and the models will miss and only be a suck assss situation for a little while. We'll see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RCola said:

Way too early to tell what’s going to happen mid week. Really not expecting anything but we will see. Will probably get some freezing rain. 

GEM ensemble members for Wednesday morning... might be an all or nothing deal for snow.

cmc-ensemble-all-avg-or_wa-snow_6hr_multimember_panel-5449600.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**