January 2019 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Requiem

I’ll give you the “made-up bullshit” part, though that was like six or seven years ago. Get the fuuck over it already.

But what “pseudoscience” are you referring to? I think it’s more likely you lack functional intelligence and compensate for it by acting like a d*ck 24/7. Nobody needs that. Grow up.

Don't take it personal. Most of Sounder's posts over the past few years have been random lash outs at people.

Not sure what got into him last night...maybe he took some Valium or something.

• Like 3

A forum for the end of the world.

Don't take it personal. Most of Sounder's posts over the past few years have been random lash outs at people.

He called people psychos for being interested in the Port Orchard tornado back in December, and proceeded to "shame" people for enjoying interesting weather. Lately I think he's been better, but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

New update from Steve Pierce.

** COLDER WEATHER LIKELY SUPER BOWL WEEKEND - LOWERING SNOW LEVELS **

Just in time for Super Bowl 53, winter weather is likely to make a return to the Pacific Northwest this coming weekend, with lowering snow levels beginning Sunday.

Latest models are coming into general agreement with a system from Canada sliding down over the Pacific Northwest Sunday, opening the door to colder weather. Snowfall levels will lower to near the valley floor Sunday night. It is still too early to know how much, if any, frozen precipitation will make it to the valley floor. Further updates will be forthcoming as future model runs come in.

Stay with the KOIN 6 weather team online and on air for the latest updates on the upcoming pattern change.

Steve Pierce

KOIN 6 Meteorologist

50608257_2192705457637863_77039786509656

https://www.facebook.com/stevepiercekoin6/photos/a.1557575127817569/2192705454304530/?type=3&theater

• Like 1

I have a feeling somewhere along East VI is going to get taken to pound town with some strait effect snow. Nanaimo north would be my guess.

An earlier Euro run from a couple days ago was showing a good amount of snow around Sequim Bay/Miller peninsula area to Port Townsend, who knows...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Really nice improvement for snowfall in the models today.  Besides the main event there are indications of some more light snow later next week.  Can't wait to see the numbers we put up with this coming cold wave!  The ECMWF ensemble continues to show at least two more cold sharp troughs after the main event.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Really nice improvement for snowfall in the models today.  Besides the main event there are indications of some more light snow later next week.  Can't wait to see the numbers we put up with this coming cold wave!  The ECMWF ensemble continues to show at least two more cold sharp troughs after the main event.

This main event is on Sunday, correct? If anything, what will be something that lowers snowfall amounts? Lack of cold air, or lack of moisture?

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

As for model performance (assuming the cold verifies) the FV3 and the ECMWF ensemble were the winners hands down.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This main event is on Sunday, correct? If anything, what will be something that lowers snowfall amounts? Lack of cold air, or lack of moisture?

The thing that would hurt snowfall amounts is if the ULL / vortex ends up dropping down very close to the coast instead of further out.  Cold will not be a question in the north half of WA at least.

Sunday / Sunday night for the main event.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

As for model performance (assuming the cold verifies) the FV3 and the ECMWF ensemble were the winners hands down.

EPS has been amazingly solid... never wavering.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

He called people psychos for being interested in the Port Orchard tornado back in December, and proceeded to "shame" people for enjoying interesting weather. Lately I think he's been better, but I'm not sure.

He’s been banned from here at least twice over the years. He literally said he wished Tim’s kids would die bloody in a car crash. Not exactly friendly weather forum etiquette.

• Like 2

Guest Sounder

Snow makes me nicer.

Guest Sounder

He’s been banned from here at least twice over the years. He literally said he wished Tim’s kids would die bloody in a car crash. Not exactly friendly weather forum etiquette.

Okay, I keep letting you parrot this one, but please cite the post. I never wished death on Tim's children, good lord.

He did?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Zafino on 8 made it look like a chance of a quick 1" tops (.8" to be exact) then back to the 40's by Tues.  Certainly didn't go out on any limbs and didn't seem to be interested in biting longer term.  Will be interested in what Mark says tonight.  You've already seen Rod's thoughts.  He seems to think there's better chances of a reload or two going forward.  That would make this weekend sort of a warning shot?  Nobody is taking a bite of the apple yet. 

Okay, I keep letting you parrot this one, but please cite the post. I never wished death on Tim's children, good lord.

It was the post that got you banned after numerous warnings. I think it was deleted before Tim saw it, but I remember it clearly, for whatever reason.

If there is no significant snow here next week, then this pattern will suck, just cold stats don't do it for me....

PS- this is my opinion and I am allowed to have one!

I like you because you hate Tim but then you say something lame like this...

Ugh.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Guest Sounder

It was the post that got you banned after numerous warnings. I think it was deleted before Tim saw it, but I remember it clearly.

Lol, I know the kind of ******* I am, and wishing for someone's kids to die in a car crash is not ever something I would post even as a bad joke. But anywho, take it to a PM if you have further issue, we've got models to overanalyze here.

All the EUG mets are being really conservative too. Smart.

Knudsen was acting like it’s a joke.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Lol, I know the kind of ******* I am, and wishing for someone's kids to die in a car crash is not ever something I would post even as a bad joke. But anywho, take it to a PM if you have further issue, we've got models to overanalyze here.

Whatever man, maybe it was a false memory. I’m just matching your tone, as usual.

Was that the mother f.cker who said that? I'd like to bloody his fat mouth for saying that.

We come from the land of the ice and snow.