Currently 50F with some rain.

• Sad 1
  • Rain 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

6 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Looks like forecast is for South Tahoe to get 6-12" by Thursday. Hopefully more over the weekend!

yeah Wednesday storm is looking good and should be enough to open all the bases at Heavenly. The Euro weekend Storm would be enough to open all advanced terrain. Gfs solution would be a disaster with warm temps and no storms after Wednesday for the foreseeable future 

• Like 1

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

Seems like that whole area benefits from a rich man’s Forest Grove/Hood Canal affect.

Yeah, when there's any sort of easterly component cold air dams up against the Vancouver Island Range and since the Strait of Georgia narrows at the north it takes a lot to scour it. It's also closer to the key cold sources with the Fraser Valley and a bunch of other inlets pouring down into it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

52 at PDX. Send that cool air up this way!

So strange, it was 38 degree rain late morning south side of sylvan hill, felt like winter…now tonight it’s balmy?

• Like 2

Portland | Raleigh Hills/West Sylvan | 350’

”All models are wrong, some are useful.”

-G. Box

2 minutes ago, Sandy rocks said:

Wow that is a dramatic change in temperature. I was 39 a thirty minutes ago, now my temperature is 50.

Yeah I have gone up 5 degrees very quickly. Up to 45 and windy. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, Kolk1604 said:

GEFS and GEPS in agreement on cold and snow 

cmc-ensemble-all-avg-or_wa-t2m_f-5212000.png

cmc-ensemble-all-avg-or_wa-total_snow_10to1-5212000.png

Suppose I could live with that. 

IMG_1665.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sun 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

9 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Right, I guess specifically I meant temps.

Still plenty impressive. Downtown Seattle ripped off 9 subfreezing highs that month, and a couple more 33s for good measure. Good enough for their 4th most on record in a winter (only 1915-16, 1949-50, and 1968-69 had more).

Edited by BLI snowman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, VancouverIslandSouth said:

Speaking of snow, it's still dumping down around Campbell River. Must be around 4~6" up there so far:

542.jpg

Pretty snowy around Nanaimo too. Inland areas on the east side of Vancouver Island sure don't need much to get a decent snowfall.

Slide 621

Black creek is showing a little over 8” for a storm total.  Depth is just under 6” there.  1/2 mile visibility in moderate snow at CR airport. 

Picked up 1.3” here today.  Better than I expected. 33F and absolutely pouring right now. 

• Like 2

All Canadian ensemble members for the early Saturday morning period... fair number of them look like GFS.  

cmc-ensemble-all-avg-nw-snow_6hr_multimember_panel-5147200.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

23 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Temps will be in the 40s in Seattle on Thursday... no issues down here that day until maybe the evening.   Should be good as long as you can back home by 1 p.m.

it's interesting though, most of the weather apps are dropping the temp to 29-31 overnight Wednesday/Thursday morning.  I didn't do a weatherbell subscription this year, so I'm having to rely on apps and this forum.  He would be getting on the road in Bellingham at 3am Thursday morning.  He gets home Sunday afternoon and will be driving back then.  We will figure that out later. 

They were showing rain/snow for the corridor this afternoon, but now I'm seeing all snow for about Mt. Vernon north, and rain/snow with accumulation down to about Marysville....

Just now, Chewbacca Defense said:

it's interesting though, most of the weather apps are dropping the temp to 29-31 overnight Wednesday/Thursday morning.  I didn't do a weatherbell subscription this year, so I'm having to rely on apps and this forum.  He would be getting on the road in Bellingham at 3am Thursday morning.  He gets home Sunday afternoon and will be driving back then.  We will figure that out later. 

They were showing rain/snow for the corridor this afternoon, but now I'm seeing all snow for about Mt. Vernon north, and rain/snow with accumulation down to about Marysville....

Ahhh... 3 a.m. could be a little more problematic but guessing freeway will be just wet.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, Olive1010 said:

Win-win for every body really

I-guess no body really lives south of Salem 💀

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

8 minutes ago, Sandy rocks said:

Wow that is a dramatic change in temperature. I was 39 a thirty minutes ago, now my temperature is 50.

Gradients flipped around ahead of the next cold front. 

But yeah, up until the last few hours, my spread for the day had only been 42/39. Up to 48 now.

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

6 minutes ago, VancouverIslandSouth said:

Jan 2011 still burns, but at least that February 2011 event was pretty epic.

No doubt. The most impressive Arctic event for pure anomalies this century, imo. If that blast had happened 4-8 weeks earlier, the numbers would have been eye-popping.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

6 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Somewhat... Pretty good alignment tbh. Just some ensembles are a bit faster/slower

18202416.png

6-hours snow amounts provide a little more detail to the picture for the same time (during the day on Saturday).   Only a few look like the operational run.  

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-or_wa-snow_6hr_multimember_panel-5190400.png

gfs-deterministic-nw-snow_6hr-5179600.png

• Like 3