29 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

I believe that 74. Our back door window was starting to physically move with the big gusts recently. Had to hold some with tape. Need to do the outside too when it subsides.

• Windy 2

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

00Z NAM looks a little south on Friday continuing a southward trend the last 3 runs... further updates to follow.

It's so close it's hard to say

Some frames look a little north and some look a little south.

• Like 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

13 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

My current favorite model is the 01Z HRRR, it shows me getting 3-4" of snow overnight, oh and look he returned home.....

raccoonrugpush.gif

sorry man... now your screwed for sure !!!!

9 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Must have been that morning! 

IMG_1721.jpeg

Yeah it must’ve been. The GFS and the NAM both showed almost a foot IMBY the day before and I got 2” 😂 I remember having a weenie meltdown now that I think about it. (Picture is bad quality because my phone is out of storage lol) I think most of the precip just ended up going to the north.

D7BF4835-1578-402F-878E-2EEB9CF66FBC.jpeg

• Like 2

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

It's so close it's hard to say

Some frames look a little north and some look a little south.

Definite shift north on the 12Z run which has been reversed now.  

• Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I have been completely without power since Monday. What did I miss, is it coming? Give me a serious answer please lol

• Like 3
  • Excited 1
  • Snow 1

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

nam-218-all-or_wa-snow_24hr_kuchera-5147200.png

I really don’t want to jinx it, but I don’t think it is a far stretch to say that Corvallis might see some action if we are lucky and this thing trends just a few miles south 🤞🤞

• Like 7
  • Sick 1

7 minutes ago, MillCreekMike said:

Yeah it must’ve been. The GFS and the NAM both showed almost a foot IMBY the day before and I got 2” 😂 I remember having a weenie meltdown now that I think about it. (Picture is bad quality because my phone is out of storage lol) I think most of the precip just ended up going to the north.

D7BF4835-1578-402F-878E-2EEB9CF66FBC.jpeg

Yeah I’m pretty sure you guys are talking about 12/20. I remember the disappointment with that one down south. Had like 10 minutes of snow then the precip cut off. Bitter cold though everything froze up. Couple hours later though we had some light snow develop and we got close to an inch still. So all was forgiven. 

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

1 minute ago, westcoastexpat said:

Anyone think this event will be colder than Dec 21/22 of last year? We hit 8F lows here both nights

Might be difficult to best Dec 27, 2021 where we got down to 4 F

Depends on where you are. Lowest low temp in the past couple years was 15 (2021) IMBY. Coldest max is 24 (2021) Could come very close or surpass both of those 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, westcoastexpat said:

Anyone think this event will be colder than Dec 21/22 of last year? We hit 8F lows here both nights

Would have helped to have snowcover but that is not looking good now. Looks like a December 2009 dry boring blast. 

• Sick 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Radar looks juicy offshore. Best of luck to our friends down south tonight. I definitely think even if precip ends up further north here in Tacoma it’ll be too warm with S winds and at 39 currently. Maybe some places south of Olympia do better than expected if some heavier precip develops. 

• Like 2
  • Snow 1

Not really buying the GFS solution. I hope to score an inch with the arctic front, have a couple of days with sub freezing highs, and be on the fringe of the Saturday system with some mood flakes.

• Sick 1

7 minutes ago, icyasf said:

I really don’t want to jinx it, but I don’t think it is a far stretch to say that Corvallis might see some action if we are lucky and this thing trends just a few miles south 🤞🤞

Can we please .....just stretch that luck a little further south....I mean it's not a huge ask only 15 miniscule miles  🤣

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Radar looks juicy offshore. Best of luck to our friends down south tonight. I definitely think even if precip ends up further north here in Tacoma it’ll be too warm with S winds and at 39 currently. Maybe some places south of Olympia do better than expected if some heavier precip develops. 

It's 37 currently at the base of Rock Candy Mtn (562 feet) just west of Olympia. Will be watching for some snow there. Winds have calmed considerably but still out of the SW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MV_snow said:

Not really buying the GFS solution. I hope to score an inch with the arctic front, have a couple of days with sub freezing highs, and be on the fringe of the Saturday system with some mood flakes.

I’m not far from you. Let’s hope for a few surprises. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, westcoastexpat said:

Especially because snow cover will be scant, instead of extensive, this time.

• Sick 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 minute ago, Weiner Warrior said:

This place is going to be weenieville when everything shifts North to Western WA tonight.

I don't think we see a shift north in the models to cause a breakdown until probably tomorrow night (if at all), its all about the progression of the cold air, real time will be the time to look forward to.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Weiner Warrior said:

This place is going to be weenieville when everything shifts North to Western WA tonight.

I don't think it will, but I would find it hilarious.

And, who knows, it might. The models have not been particularly stable with this one. Would not trust the weekend event until 48 hours out (i.e. Thursday). Lotsa time for things to change until then.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 minute ago, Requiem said:

Won't say that it's impossible, but let's not pretend like this place already isn't weenieville with the "it's over for anyone north of Olympia" posts today 

Naw this isn’t bad. Wait until Thursday when Portland issues an WSW then you’ll get a lot

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Won't say that it's impossible, but let's not pretend like this place already isn't weenieville with the "it's over for anyone north of Olympia" posts today 

lol yeah definitely some western Washington weenism underway already. We will survive maybe some surprises coming up this way potentially as well. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 2

ICON looking very similar to its 12z run. Interesting theme showing up...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

7 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

Photo dump from today, awful whiteout conditions on the drive to bachelor, and SUPER windy. At times we couldn't see more than 25 feet down the road, although unfortunately I didn't get a vid from when the conditions peaked at their worst. We NEARLY got in a car crash, that would have been bad....

20240109_133517.thumb.jpg.a3249a19888ddc3276776999feff40de.jpg

Beautiful! You don't want that accident. Spouse says she's now traumatized of snow since her accident took place during a squall and is seeing her counselor tomorrow about it.

• Sad 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Well I told the kids at the dinner table this evening that I am putting their sleds back in the attic since we are now barely in the 2nd shade of grey now and the dusting that we probably won’t even get won’t be enough to sled in. Lots of tears flowing but it is what it is. 😢

Hopefully they are old enough to realize that they’ve had a ton of awesome snow to play in in recent years, probably will this year too, and that their dad is a huge 🌭 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Icon jumped north

Well... sort of just undoing its silly 18Z run.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

If this thing were farther north at this point we’d all be nervous right now. Two things we often see: Cold air tends to not dig as far as modeled and those lows often come in stronger and farther north than modeled. We’re in a very exciting spot and there is room for anyone (maybe even everyone) to get some snow. Good luck all and enjoy the ride! 

• Like 6
  • Snow 1