3 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

True. Too bad they are one of the warmest places in the metro. Plenty of places in east and southeast PDX in the 10-12 range right now. 

Just fell to 13 here. I’m calculating a wind chill approaching -10F out there. This the real sh*t 

• Like 6

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

5 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Interesting, must be from easterly flow out there. 

I have a east wind and that NEVER happens here. Maybe once every few years. Still doing it.  Radar is creeping closer

• Like 3

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

24 minutes ago, Slushy Inch said:

Shift this south on puget sound gets buried.

8042C275-0117-4E53-BDAA-8FA7F3FDCAB7.png

Is there a Euro snow map for that yet? Looks good for @MossMan.

• Like 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

1 minute ago, Slushy Inch said:

Kitsap right? I don’t see anything on radar

Sometimes you won't but today with the flow more moisture that does make its way up.north will try and gather on the east side of Olympics.  I'm close to the mountains 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I have a east wind and that NEVER happens here. Maybe once every few years. Still doing it.  Radar is creeping closer

It ain't getting any closer, it comes up a touch and the back down 2 touches.  LAME

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

You're welcome Fred! 

Only about 30 posts from me about the complicated evolution mid-week and there is literally no way to tell what will happen.    But yeah... angry sarcasm can be therapeutic.    😍

Wishing you a merry marine push as well.

In all seriousness, yes, that kind of seriousness, you haven't been even remotely bad as "Checkout the warmth depicted on the 1096h of the HRRR, it aligns with what the CFS says, winter is canceled." Tim of 2016 or "I don't care if the radar shows snow, your home security camera shows snow, Jim is happy with his life, and that all of the grocery stores are out of milk, bananas, and kale, this one WSDOT camera shows bare and wet pavement" Tim of 2019.

• Like 1
  • lol 6

Today is a perfect example of how we missed storms in the old days. I bet models 20 years ago would of had this hitting Seattle up till the last 12 hrs, the nav/gem showed this till 24hrs out. If you were only watching satellite today you would bet it would snow in Seattle today. 

• Like 2

5:30am wake-up call to deal with a frozen pipe at the side-hustle. Only one line was frozen, but as tends to be the case, it was the single most important one. First cold season in this building. Definitely found out which line is going to be our "problem child."

Eventually it's going to get into the 20s and feel sub-tropical.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Tempting to want to head down there and experience the storm. As much as y’all are rooting against sleet I feel like sleet/snowstorm would be awesome to experience. Never really seen anything like that. 

I messed up, I should of asked where to go and booked a motel down there

Not that far.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

I actually kind of like the old silver thaw, myself. We'll have a ton of snow on the ground and an icy mantle looks kind of cool. And preserves the snow a little better for the days that follow.

Its kind of up there with my love of a good windstorm. Its a type of weather that almost ends up memorable for the conditions itself. Yes, it sucks that trees go down, power goes out, and its tragic that people can end up hurt or worse when they think that AWD means "I can do 65". That said, I dont dread it, I enjoy it.

• Like 5

Looks like things are getting fun in the SW WA / NW OR area.  I hope you all do well.

Meanwhile it dropped to 13 here last night and currently sitting at a very cold and windy 16.

That possible event the middle of next week looks like it's still very much alive.  A very good round of winter no matter how you slice it.

• Like 9

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

7 minutes ago, iFred said:

Wishing you a merry marine push as well.

In all seriousness, yes, that kind of seriousness, you haven't been even remotely bad as "Checkout the warmth depicted on the 1096h of the HRRR, it aligns with what the CFS says, winter is canceled." Tim of 2016 or "I don't care if the radar shows snow, your home security camera shows snow, Jim is happy with his life, and that all of the grocery stores are out of milk, bananas, and kale, this one WSDOT camera shows bare and wet pavement" Tim of 2019.

LOL.

I don't think that was 2019.   That sounds more like 2012-2015.   I was younger and stupid.   

• Like 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

27F with some light freezing rain. Gonna be a mess soon. Branches starting to break and lots of icicles.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Shivering 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

9 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Heaviest snow of the day so far too, getting closer to white out conditions.

Lots of heavy echoes behind, too.

This is absolutely incredible with temps in the low teens. Has to have happened only a few times in PDX history. 

• Like 7

A forum for the end of the world.

Just now, TT-SEA said:

LOL.

I don't think that was 2019.   That sounds more like 2012-2015.   I was young and stupid.   

I will never forget the first response I ever got from you.

I posted pics of trees I sprayed with the hose when it was cold and you said, I'd have to be clinically insane to do that to a tree. Lol hahahaha.  I was cutting them down in the spring lol.

• Excited 1

13 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

I actually kind of like the old silver thaw, myself. We'll have a ton of snow on the ground and an icy mantle looks kind of cool. And preserves the snow a little better for the days that follow.

A little bit of a coating can be ok I suppose.  It just gets downright ugly if it's too much though.

I'm going to be interested to see how this plays out as far as placement of snow, AR, and sleet.  This looks like a rare opportunity for somebody to get a huge amount of sleet.  That is the rarest of all.

• Like 7

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, Front Ranger said:

Lots of heavy echoes behind, too.

This is absolutely incredible with temps in the low teens. Has to have happened only a few times in PDX history. 

I knew for someone it was going to be maybe a once in a lifetime event. Coldest I've had snowfall here is 19 degrees. -10 at my cabin though!!

• Like 7

Just now, Roman-Dallas Snow-Zone said:

Godspeed you guys down south. This could get brutal 

I'm grateful we got below freezing and managed to be in the surface Arctic airmass. More enjoyable than being in Roseburg where they'll approach a 50F burger today. Already like a 15F temp gradient between there and here.

• Like 5

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I’m in Enumclaw to experience the East windstorm. Don’t think I’ve ever seen their Zone Forecast for up to 75 mph gusts before.

Detailed forecast for

East Puget Sound Lowlands

Rest Of Today
Very windy. Mostly cloudy. Highs 17 to 24. East wind 20 to 35 mph, except east 25 to 45 mph near gaps in the terrain. Gusts to 50 mph late in the morning. Near gaps in the terrain, gusts to 60 mph increasing to 75 mph in the afternoon. 
Tonight
Very windy. Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows 9 to 16. Northeast wind 25 to 35 mph becoming east to 10 mph after midnight. Near gaps in the terrain, east wind 30 to 45 mph with gusts to 75 mph decreasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph after midnight.
  • Windy 3

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I will never forget the first response I ever got from you.

I posted pics of trees I sprayed with the hose when it was cold and you said, I'd have to be clinically insane to do that to a tree. Lol hahahaha.  I was cutting them down in the spring lol.

Probably didn't say clinically... just that it was insane.  😀

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**